• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Quest Project Anarchy - OOC

Main
Here

Daisie

Seared with story
Roleplay Type(s)
WELCOME TO PROJECT: ANARCHY'S OOC!
Thanks for joining this chaotic project, y'all! Let me give you the rundown of how this is gonna work, mechanically. For each round of posts, you'll be able to throw out any action whatsoever. Climbing a tree, casting a spell, picking something up, or even just bending down and eating some random mushrooms you find on the forest floor, which did happen last time. You're allowed to go even more chaotic with that, with reality-bending actions that might even establish new powers for the character... we'll see if I can write everything out in a way that makes some sort of narrative sense!

After you've posted your action (which, by the way, is done in the in-character thread), what you're going to have to do is go back and edit your post. When you scroll to the bottom of your edit box, beneath you should see two buttons: Attach files, and throw dice. You'll be throwing one die with six sides. This will determine the success of your action in my upcoming post.

That's the basics of it! However, because it was common for two or more people to decide on the same course of action last time, I've decided to codify how this works.

If you are feeling generous, and would like someone else's action to have a better chance at succeeding, you may reply to their post in agreeance with their action and roll your die. This will give their action an advantage, which means that out of the two (or more) rolls provided for the action, the higher roll will be chosen.

And I guess if you're feeling mean, I'll let you disagree with someone's action and give it a disadvantage, meaning that out of the two rolls provided, the lower will be chosen. I can't imagine this will come up a lot but hey, who am I to bridle your chaotic evil ambitions?

As a reminder: I am allowed to shift the sequence of actions. If I can get away with chronologically playing things out in the sequence in which the posts are originally sent, I will! But you gotta give me my mischief too, sometimes. ;)

That being said, welcome to the OOC! Feel free to chat about all of your actions and the resulting catastrophes here. I'm perfectly willing to answer questions, take suggestions, and consume memes. Go wild.

- Daisie

Daisie Float Medium.gif

Disadvantages seem fun
Glad you like it XD I was looking across some of the posts from the old RP and saw that I had some trouble handling people who agreed on the same action, so... new mechanic!
Only seemed fair to add the opposite of it too, lol.

Giving advantage or disadvantage seems fun and it forfeits ones action, correct?
Besides, spectacularly failing an action also has...consequences

I have some other name suggestions, aside from "Sue Donim" from last time

John Random
John Doe
Mary Sue
Gary Atric

Giving advantage or disadvantage seems fun and it forfeits ones action, correct?
Besides, spectacularly failing an action also has...consequences
Correct! It's basically just saying "I was thinking the same thing, let's make this more likely to succeed" lol
Or I guess in the latter's case, "This is a horrible idea, I'd rather do nothing than see this work" 🤣

Don't forget to roll your dice

Also we can now roll more than one dice and more than just D6s
Well pls just roll one D6 XD
I guess if you desperately want other types of dice, I can try and make that work?
But only one die lol

Correct! It's basically just saying "I was thinking the same thing, let's make this more likely to succeed" lol
Or I guess in the latter's case, "This is a horrible idea, I'd rather do nothing than see this work" 🤣
I might just go for a disadvantage on something later to let it fail, crit fail, or see the opposite happen

Well pls just roll one D6 XD
I guess if you desperately want other types of dice, I can try and make that work?
But only one die lol
I am thinking for special events or actions you could either roll dice yourself, give us other dice, or let us choose the dice and amount

So the chaos begins...

Could I go for adding a second/secret name without interfering with the main name choosing? I do like Mechking's name idea of [John] "Random", and I have an idea.

So the chaos begins...

Could I go for adding a second/secret name without interfering with the main name choosing? I do like Mechking's name idea of [John] "Random", and I have an idea.
🤔
I'm not sure I'm following what you're suggesting

🤔
I'm not sure I'm following what you're suggesting
Ah sorry, let me clarify: I was thinking of something like "...but he recalls that some know him as secret agent "Mr. Random".

I thought it might add another layer to the chaos, as well as providing some other potential. I wasn't sure if that would interfere with the "normal" name choosing, though.

Ah sorry, let me clarify: I was thinking of something like "...but he recalls that some know him as secret agent "Mr. Random".

I thought it might add another layer to the chaos, as well as providing some other potential. I wasn't sure if that would interfere with the "normal" name choosing, though.
Hmmm
I think yeah, I'll allow that XD

I was thinking about choosing the (main) name a bit differently than the way the rest of the game works. Since everyone was unanimous on "Sue Donim" last time, I never had to deal with multiple name suggestions 😂 So gotta figure that out first
I'm thinking that this one won't be up to the dice, but instead everyone's name submission will be resolved by a poll/vote. Once everyone's posted a name, I'll put them all on a poll and you can vote for one name that isn't your own suggestion.
It seems a bit fairer than the dice, and this name is probably gonna stick with us.
I mean... unless someone makes the protagonist change their name, lol
Thoughts?

Hmmm
I think yeah, I'll allow that XD

I was thinking about choosing the (main) name a bit differently than the way the rest of the game works. Since everyone was unanimous on "Sue Donim" last time, I never had to deal with multiple name suggestions 😂 So gotta figure that out first
I'm thinking that this one won't be up to the dice, but instead everyone's name submission will be resolved by a poll/vote. Once everyone's posted a name, I'll put them all on a poll and you can vote for one name that isn't your own suggestion.
It seems a bit fairer than the dice, and this name is probably gonna stick with us.
I mean... unless someone makes the protagonist change their name, lol
Thoughts?
How would you be able to tell who votes for what name?

Voider Voider Mm okay so I think I'll have the "secret name" thing be its own action, separate from actually choosing the name. Since it's something that's in addition to choosing a name, if that makes sense.

So it won't go into the poll, but if the dice are kind to it, then it'll happen!
Meaning if you want to throw a name of your own out there (or even just choose one from MechKing's list to throw out there) then you can do that, too, on top of the secret name. That + remembering the secret name would be your name choice and action for this round.

Edit: Ah oops posted this just barely too late XD That's okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back