• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Professor Oak's School for Gifted Youngsters.

SassyWobuffet

So this setting closely mirrors the X-men universe, owned of course by Marvel.

In it, rather than mutants, you have the 'gifted', people born with powers based on Pokemon of all things. Pokemon, of course, doesn't exist in this reality.

There's not much else really to say about it, save for the fact that the whole political climate isn't exactly welcoming just yet of the 'gifted'. The hatred and malice isn't as blatant as mutant hate is, in my opinion, but it isn't mitigated by having non-gifted heroes to worship instead.

Suffice to say, the world contains multiple groups of heroes and villains, various reactions to the gifted, and all sorts of messy little plots and subplots.

Most notably, there are 'Teams' out there causing all sorts of trouble. The most notable are based off of the Zodiac, and run the gamut as far as goals and methods are concerned. Some are more well known than others.

Team Libra, for instance, has the stance that everyone, both humans and gifted, should be free to do their own thing. They are mainly against the public putting restrictions on the use of gifted abilities, but also stand up to those working under the belief that those with power should be ruling those without.

Team Aeries, conversely, is a mercenary organization that tends to work for the highest bidder.

More will be introduced as the story progresses.

Players will, for the most part, be playing as students at the Professor Oak School for Gifted Children. You're there not only to learn as a student, but also to control your powers and become a productive member of society.

//A note on rules: There will be a player cap, to start things off. I don't see me accepting more than about a half dozen players to start with, to see how I handle it.

Also, please don't go killing off other people's characters. God-modeing is never fun, nor appreciated.//

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back