Print on Demand

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
So...currently 4 Exalted pdfs are available as softcover books...has anyone tried this out yet? Are they pretty good quality?

There's been lots of positive feedback over on RPG.net; for some reason even when the subject comes up on White Wolf's forums, there's no one but Holden to talk about it as a thing that he has bought.

However, my meatspace friend got a copy of Clanbook: Ventrue via PoD, and it's very good quality. It's just like a traditionally published book, with a few very minor exceptions. The spine is not perfectly square and the text on the spine is smaller than his other clanbooks, there are some extra blank pages in the back and where the barcode goes is just a blank white square. The interior text and art are just as if you'd bought it new in 2000.

I'm currently waiting for 3 copies of CoCD6 Autochthonia, so hopefully I can tell you more very soon.

Just got my books, and they seem pretty nice.

The binding and cover is as good and pretty as any of the other Exalted books (not the ones where the glue doesn't hold ;) ). It is a bit taller than the rest of my softcover books, by about half a centimeter.

The pages seems to be of poor quality and the printing of the pages doesn't fill the whole page, which gives them a bit homemade look.

But all in all, good value for the money :)

Just got mine in the mail. Very nice cover, but, a Skafte says, the pages have about a 3/4 centimeter white margin around them, giving a very 'homemade' feeling to them. The binding and cover is very solid though, and the paper average rpg book quality, so, a rather good deal considering it's about $5-$10 cheaper than a store bought book.

Glad to know I wasn't alone in wondering about these things. :)

I've been hesitating over buying some of the old revised clanbooks and CoCD6 via PoD since I hadn't heard any mention of the quality of these products. I just might now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back