• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Practical Arts | Looking for Long-Term Partners with Original Plots

lightbox

no light without darkness

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
- Kurt Vonnegut

Hello! I’m lightbox. I write in novel-style, multi-paragraphs (500+ words) and I’m just looking for a few new, long-term RP partners on the site. I play as any age, gender, race, species, and orientation. I would prefer original plots in general and original characters when it comes to fandoms. Send me your plot ideas if you think we’d be a great match.

On the activity side, I’ll most likely post once or twice a week due to irl circumstances. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days that I’m most active, but that can change depending on my work schedule. I have no problem with little ghostlings and keep an open door for anyone wanting to return.

I encourage ooc chat as well. My interests include art, video games, and fitness. My fandoms mostly revolve around the book, games, and movies/shows that I happen to watch at the time. If you’d like to add me on Discord, DM me for my tag.

Role-play wise, I’m not limited to writing any one genre. My most common RPs are action adventure, mysteries and crime, fantasy, sci-fi, horror and supernatural, modern/realistic, and romance. We can combine them to make a mega plot if you’d like.

I would appreciate having a partner who’s flexible on time and brings their own creative zest to the table. I’m a person that usually bounces off from people’s ideas so if we share that same enthusiasm, I’d love you 3000. Let’s go!

‣ Word Bank

Time Travelling, Detectives, Space Adventures, Dystopia disguised as Utopia, Post-Apocalyptic, Alien Invasion, Zombies, Super Heroes, Mobsters, Bands, Road Trips, Treasure Hunters, Buddy Cop, Epic Quests, Small Town Life, Warring Kingdoms, Fated Meetings, Soul Mates

‣ Pairings

Underlined = preferred role. If there’s none, I’m open to playing either side.

Soldier x Medic (See Plot 1.0)
Anti-hero x Villain
Detective x Assassin/Criminal (See Plot 3.0)
Assassin x Assassin
Grim Reaper x Human
Body Guard x Client
Knight/Pauper x Royal
Bookish x Rebel
Alien x Scientist/Soldier
Dragon x Knight
Treasure Hunter x Monster
Werewolf/Vampire x Hunter
Fae/Fairy x Human Adventurer
Angel x Demon (See Plot 4.0)
Celebrity/Band x Fan

‣ Plots

1.0 - From Both Sides
War, Soldier x Medic Dynamic

I’ve written this in the past and I would love to give this a fresh start. Basically, my soldier is from a totalitarian regime that’s been hurt in the field. He’s been badly injured and your character would be a field medic from the other side. My character would be fighting his way out, most likely, but he’s lost too much physical function to actually do much harm to anyone. Despite it all, his execution is called for, it’s your commanding officer who’s called your character to decide - whether to kill him through meds or shoot him in the head. Maybe, you’ll opt to save him instead.

2.0 - Shadows Lurking
Mystery, Sci-Fi, Supernatural, Platonic

Two strangers have witnessed the exact same event from the sky. A meteor coming down to Earth. Both curious, they meet each other on the landing site. A strange, glowing rock from the middle beckons them in. Before either could touch it, it emits a powerful blast that levels the nearest mile around them. They are both knocked unconscious. In their dazed state, they go back to town, but have a strange feeling that things aren’t quite the same. The people seem different. Something is definitely off. So they team up to find out what’s lurking in the shadows.

3.0 - Excommunicado
Action, Assassin x Detective, Somewhat based on from John Wick

Your character would be a world famous assassin, top of the rank, highly recognized within the criminal community. Unfortunately for them, they were framed for breaking one of the most essential rules of their organization. As a result, they’ve been excommunicated. A well paying mark is put up for their head, dead or alive. They’re now on the run from a slew of money and power hungry assassins looking to add another notch to their belt. That’s when they encounter my detective. She covers for your character and takes you to a safe place. What you don’t know is that, she’s been working undercover for a while now, trying to map out and see the criminal workings of the underworld.

4.0 - Incarnates
Modern Fantasy/Supernatural, Star-Crossed Romance, Angel x Demon Dynamic

Side Note: I’ve currently got some requests for multiple iterations of this plot so I’m greying it out for now. I’m open for romance, but let’s keep it interesting, shall we? ;)

They said soulmates came in pairs. One a reverse mirror of the other to equate balance. In their past life, my angel was in love with your demon. Through fire and ice, hale and brimstone, they fought for each other and wanted to live a life away from the affiliations of their born race. Unfortunately when their superior found them, they were separated, cursed never to see each other again. In their last attempt to bring them together, they sealed their fates with a kiss. One that would remind them of how much they loved each other in the past. Now, bring it back to modern times, both our characters have met at a party. And as those go, they’re both playing a game of spin the bottle. Not knowing any repercussions of their actions, they go through it. What’s wrong with a pretty harmless kiss, right? But then, they start having flashbacks of their first life incarnations. To make matters worse, people on the other side found out. Now, they’re looking to separate the two once and for all.

‣ Fandoms

Books, Movies, Shows

Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, MCU (Avengers and X-Men), Batman/Bat-verse, The Umbrella Academy, Doom Patrol, The Boys, Sandman (comics), Alien Vs. Predators, The Haunting Series, The Purge, Altered Carbon, Black Mirror & Bandersnatch, Bladerunner, Tron, Westworld, Snowpiercer, The 100, The Walking Dead, The Stand (from Stephen King)

Animation

Tim Burton, Studio Ghibli, Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Death Note, Fruits Basket, Eureka Seven, How to Train Your Dragon, Big Hero 6, Most Disney/Pixar Movies

Video Games

Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, Assassin’s Creed, Borderlands, Devil May Cry, Gears of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Don’t Starve, Outlast, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Destiny, CSGO, Valorant, Minecraft, Among Us, Mortal Kombat, Pokemon, Genshin Impact, Sea of Thieves, XCOM

• Time Travelling, Detectives, Space Adventures, Dystopia disguised as Utopia, Post-Apocalyptic, Alien Invasion, Zombies, Super Heroes, Mobsters, Bands, Road Trips, Treasure Hunters, Buddy Cop, Epic Quests, Small Town Life, Warring Kingdoms, Fated Meetings, Soul Mates

Last edited:
Just FYI, your accordions aren’t mobile-friendly (cut off halfway; maybe a width: issue that could be resolved using vw instead of px??? Idk i can’t see the code :p ). Looks fun from what I can see, though! Might be back if I decide to take on another rp ;)

Just FYI, your accordions aren’t mobile-friendly (cut off halfway; maybe a width: issue that could be resolved using vw instead of px??? Idk i can’t see the code :p ). Looks fun from what I can see, though! Might be back if I decide to take on another rp ;)

Thanks for heads up! I’m just using the regular site code from the BBC section so I don’t think I can alter the width. I’m not really a coder, but just thought it’d look nicer than a wall of text. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No worries! You’re good. I’ve got a couple of new partners so I have a few things on-going. If you’re ever needing a new partner, the door’s always open. Enjoy your RPs!

I'm real into that medic x soldier thing (mainly because I really like playing as healers) XD You still open for RPs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back