Posting Bug

IcarusWings

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I can't seem to find any other place that's about the actual site rather than Exalted. I seem to have gotten a problem that when I make a post, whenever I type or click, the post box scrolls upward, meaning I can't see what I'm writing. This gets really annoying when I'm writing a long post, or editing one.

Does anyone else get this problems or is it just my own laptop getting messed up. And if so, anyone know how to fix it?

IcarusWings said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I can't seem to find any other place that's about the actual site rather than Exalted. I seem to have gotten a problem that when I make a post, whenever I type or click, the post box scrolls upward, meaning I can't see what I'm writing. This gets really annoying when I'm writing a long post, or editing one.
Does anyone else get this problems or is it just my own laptop getting messed up. And if so, anyone know how to fix it?
I'm pretty positive that's a browser/input device issue, not the site itself. What are you using? (and what version?)

Flagg said:
IcarusWings said:
I'm pretty positive that's a browser/input device issue, not the site itself. What are you using? (and what version?)
It's the newest version of Internet Explorer (can't remember the name for the version), but I frequent quite a few other forums, and this doesn't happen to me at all there, so I'm not sure. I guess I can just use Firefox or Chrome from now on though (have and prefer both of them, I just always use IE out of habit).

You could delete the IE shortcut icons you have and place Firefox (/whatever) there.

That should fix the habit.

I never thought too much about it because I usually don't make long posts, but it happens for me too. The computer is running Vista with IE8 (I can provide more info if needed). When I do run into the issue, I copy the text I've already typed into Word and finish whatever I was typing, then copy it back into the text box and click Submit.

I just realized I no longer experience this bug. My computer was recently upgraded to Windows 7 with IE9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back