• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Post-Isekai. A story about coming to terms with the past and focusing on the future.

Novelight

reaver
"The past is best forgotten. You will find the one who will reignite your heart, and set ablaze a heroic path for you to walk once more... Live on, and continue forward. For your story is not over."

Nearly five years have passed since you signed that contract. The contract that led you to the worlds beyond, far into the galaxy where civilizations were advanced enough to traverse the stars, and form coalitions with those of extraterrestrial origins. It was far from home, the place you called Earth. Despite being far from your world, you thrived, built bonds and earned the trust of those around you. Perhaps it was because they bore a striking resemblance to humans, though they identified themselves differently.

The terms of the contract were crystal clear: join the fight against the enemies of the Solstice Alliance, an interstellar coalition dedicated to preserving the galaxy's natural order from the Euclideans. These interdimensional beings originated from alternative timelines, slipping into the present after a catastrophic experiment involving a black hole. Your recruitment was based on your unique genome; you were identified as an Ascendant, bearing the blood of the Astral Gods, though the source of this lineage remained a mystery to you.

The following five years were filled with both adventure and lessons, watching the war unfold before your eyes as you trained your body and soul to harvest the limitless potential within you. When the time was right, you began to save worlds. You prevented planetary disasters before they even occurred. Fought against elites of the Euclideans. And after five years, you were confronted by someone similar to your situation. Someone who shared your ancestry, but held the belief that destruction was necessary. Victory was assured, but in the end, he had the last laugh.

The nightmares remind you every night that it wasn't your ineptitude as a fighter that led to her death. You were more than capable, standing as a formidable force alongside the Solstice Alliance's mightiest. Yet, it wasn't prowess but the poison of war itself that tainted your judgment. Witnessing countless lives extinguished, losing allies with each battle, you grew pragmatic, your trust in others eroding. Eventually, even the bond with your first love became fragile. Faced with the choice between her safety and the world's fate, you chose her, deeming others as mere bystanders praying to non-existent gods. That fateful decision allowed the enemy's blade to find her heart, her dying breaths calling out your name—a haunting echo in your restless nights.

That was 2 years ago. After the war was over, and the Euclideans had far less control over the null space, you burned the contract to ashes and tossed your weapon toward the authorities of the Solstice Alliance. Those sitting on the lower hierarchy called you a coward. Perhaps fortune had played a part when the general with the highest rank had decided to void the consequences of burning the contract. His respect for your countless acts of valor, and heroism, and the millions of people that praise your name had made departure to Earth easier. But you cared about them none. After all, you blamed the death of your fiance on the weak, who didn't even bother to apologize when—

No. It wasn't like that.

It was never their fault.
---

Get ready for another lengthy read. Alternatively, if you appreciate in-depth summaries, we might already share a significant common ground. If you are, and you're someone who adores a detailed story with complex character dynamics, then consider us halfway compatible already.

Salutations! The name's Sero, or you can call me Yohan. Regardless of your preference, I seriously appreciate your interest in this post, and you should know going forward that I'm more than open to any questions about this prompt. From additional ideas to simple curiosity about the background of the world, I find pleasure in conversations about writing in general, so don't be afraid to send me a message. Just remember to send me a direct message, not a chat request.

For partnerships, I do have several requirements.
- I only talk and write with those over the age of 20.
- Write coherently.
- No self-inserts.
- Anime-style illustrations only.
- Active engagements. I seriously cannot emphasize enough how much a combined effort is important to the longevity of the roleplay.

The plot of Astral Synthetica should be somewhat self-explanatory: it's an epilogue of your character's grandest adventure, one that ended in sorrow and depression. I'd like to keep the general theme related to therapy and dive deep into the mind of someone who went from being a nobody to a hero, only to later return to being a nobody, entirely because of their desire to isolate themselves from the world before them. However deep his connection to his fiancé was, the fact that he can't stop blaming himself for her death and his growing disdain for the weak will be the focal point of the story.

That leads us to my character: a solitary, starfaring huntress from the same world your character failed to save. As the sole survivor of the destruction that befell her home, her vengeful and relentless journey to hunt down those responsible will eventually lead her to your character, someone who she does not blame, but despises due to his differing outlook on the tragedy.

I want this story to primarily be about learning to forget about the past, and coming to terms with the unfortunate situation at hand. To find light at the end of the tunnel, and start anew, with a fresh perspective while never forgetting to appreciate those in your life, both in the past and present. And that while it's okay to mourn for those who left this world, the greatest way to honor their memories is by remembrance, and to spread their legend to others, and plant the seed of positive influence into the hearts of those falling into the same abyss our characters went through.

To make the roleplay fun and engaging, I purposefully had it so that your character is ridiculously powerful. Treat it like a light power fantasy. Except it's merely a sub-genre opposed to the main theme.

Withdrawing from that topic for now, I do want to thoroughly talk about my expectations. I do sincerely mean it when I say that I'm looking for one partner, and one partner only. I prefer to put most of my free time into projects that matter, as opposed to those that engage in multiple writing activities. I am not asking the same. What I seek is your commitment to the narrative, along with your utmost effort in crafting an interesting character.

I'm not one to pester others for replies or nudge someone for feedback. Life can get busy and sometimes, when the day is free, you just want to play video games. I'm honestly the same. I'm not asking for your commitment 24/7, or even daily for that matter. Just be consistent, and find a couple of hours a week to brainstorm and write, and that's plenty enough for me. But let me just be clear and say that it's rather painfully obvious when you're not putting in effort. Whatever the reason may be, it's fine. I just ask that you don't question my decision when I decide to move on.

I strongly believe that friendship naturally evolves from good partnerships, and I wholeheartedly encourage discussions beyond writing. I'll just leave it at that for now.

Should your interest remain kindled after reading this far into the advert, I look forward to your introduction! It's recommended that you include other things such as your expectations and thoughts about the prompt above. Anything more, as long as it's related to the potential partnership, is welcomed.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back