• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (Plot) The Vampire Reign : Lycan Uprising

Jesuisbanan

Unrefined Acquired Taste
(It has been a while since I have posted a starter and honestly it's probably not the best, I am sorry)

dbvmzph-23e718cd-c734-4073-9baa-646e19a0be83.png

Prologue

Before the year 1650, all of Europe was once authoritarian owned by the vampires. With their family bloodlines they controlled every aspect of the humans lives like cattle. Times have changed quite a bit since then to keep the humans happy, they now have their own rights and can become quite wealthy with just as many opportunities. There is even a new land that they are being allowed to establish a new settlements upon, where they will be without the royal vampire presence for some time though still under the royal family's supervision and law.
Yes, a lot has changed but not for the lycan colonies. Even with the humans becoming more than just cattle to the vampires the Lycan population is still highly discriminated against by both beings. If they are not hiding in their own packs far off in the forest where no man goes, they live in blocked off communities on the outskirts of the cities. Vampires found the lycan kind to be a threat to their rule as they expanded into their land so they decreased the population all at once and now even the humans out populate the lycan kind and do not trust them. Out of fear that the vampires have instilled in the humans, the lycan kind are often hunted outside of their designated areas to keep the population in check.

A young Lycan, pure-blood, the soon leader of his pack finds the new land to be a great hope for his people. To create their own world without the human or vampire kind putting them down. There were few vampires cultivating the distant lands across the open water, if they could turn the settlers and establish dominance over the already present vampires then they could quickly take the new world for themselves.
A great plan, the heads of many packs agreed, it would give them the freedoms they desired and the land they needed to hunt without worry. However, when they tried to put this plan into action it didn’t work for them. The only catch in his plan was getting over there, as Lycan's are not allowed to travel among ships because of their weak nature to the full moon. Anyone but a lycan was endangered and a lycan could not captain a ship if he was not in control of his body. There was no hope of traveling to the new world and eventually they gave up on the pure-bloods idea that seemed no more than a fantasy.

The young lycan did not give up on his plan, he did however give up his leadership of the pack and mate to be, so he could give this to his people. After years of training and preparing, the young Lycan believed he was ready to withstand the call of the moon and make it to the new land where he hoped to create and bring his pack, once established.
Having no living lycan to tell their experience among a ship there was no way to prepare for the hunger he would suffer once out too far. The swaying of the seas turning his stomach to the point that nothing was left to come up. The Lycan pure-blood suffered something he didn’t expect to train for having been in small boats before with no problems. He could barely hold out on average days, being able to change his form at will, he resisted the urge to change and sleep in his wolf form most days while working on the ship posing as a human.

After making it through one month he gained some confidence that he could make it to the new land unnoticed. Even though there were more vampires on board than expected to be he had avoided them. It was coming to the last full moon before they reached the shores of the new land. But after the ship lost half of the food supplies due to the rodents on board he became hungrier than the last time. Being among the humans below deck, the smell of their meat got to him and he became weak to his true nature, allowing it to take over. No one but the Vampires were allowed out on deck at night as they wanted to separate themselves from the filthy humans.

So they were surprised to see so many humans rushing the deck only to find the reason why.

When he became exposed to the ship the humans fled for their lives daring to go above deck where they weren’t allowed, even so some did not make it and the lycan found where they were hiding. His strength was massive, worse than a bear he tore through the ship on the hunt to quench his hunger. With no silver bullets on board to stop the lycan the humans had no means of fighting back. The vampires were left with no choice but to deal with this one themselves. Once captured he was placed in strong cuffs with silver chains attaching him to the ground and a silver collar attached to the ceiling above him to make him unable to snap at anyone. He was sure to be put down; they were merely waiting till he was in his human form once again, so it would be easier.

When his form had changed back to the man he was in the morning he was tired and in pain from the night’s events, the silver had been burning the skin on his wrist and neck all night long. When the doors opened he saw the flicker of the candles light dance across the floor, without even fighting he lowered his head convinced that it was one of the mere humans ordered to take his life.
So when the smell hit his nose of who had come into the room he became rather thrown back by seeing the 3rd prince/princess coming down to such a dangerous level alone to see him.

"I had my suspicions about you" The prince/princess said softly as they placed their light source down coming further into the room.

"Watching... you were stronger than an average human. I’ll admit I was thrown off when you didn't turn with the first full moon" They claimed as they stepped closer and without purpose the Lycan growled, clearly uncomfortable with them getting closer.

"You must have been hungry, once the human food supply was shortened. Is that why this moon was different than the last?” They asked coming to assumptions on how the lycan didn't change the first time knowing that the scraps the humans were being fed now on the ship would not do for a lycan unlike before. “If you behave we will feed you a share required."

The lycan only huffed looking down to the floor, being told to behave he knew what the vampire was thinking about. He would rather be executed or thrown out to sea. Seeing the lycan clearly ignore him the vampire snarled, pulling on the collar chain to make the lycan look them in the eyes, "You owe your life to me now. I bet my word that you can be controlled, if you misbehave, chains will not be used again." they warned.

The lycan scoffed glaring up to the vampire before him finding little interest in being among the vampires he didn’t care for the offer, “I’m not a house mongrel and I don’t owe you anything” He snarled having known many lycans who had sold out their dignity to be at a vampires feet, he was not a mongrel who was willing to be caged like a pet.

Info:
If you have read up to this far and feel you are interested in joining, I will give you a good idea of who I am looking for to role play with:
  • I am looking for a long term role-play partner who will be invested in the story we create.
  • 3rd person please, I understand some can’t write in this form but I really don’t like to read “I” while the story is about the two of them.
  • I do not require lengthy replies (Sometimes it’s hard to create a lengthy reply, especially when characters are talking with each other and not doing much, it happens and I get it) but I do require you to be a bit descriptive and be capable of writing a well written response even if our characters do not interact. I want two sides of a story being expressed here not just them interacting.
  • I am all about role-play compatibility, you can be an amazing writer but we just do not connect and our story isn’t working out. I will apologize if I feel we are not compatible together but this happens and maybe we can try again on a different story. It could just be our characters that aren't working but I would like to have an OC conversation while we write so we can work up a story line outside of the role-play. and ask questions when needed.
  • Our characters will likely have plenty of moments where they will physically put their hands on one another (non-sexual way) I will ask permission before I do this and I will expect you to do the same.
  • It’s a slow burn whether it’s romance or friendship this will not happen right away and they will not be interacting right away either. What is written above is only to give you an idea of what’s going to happen. The starter will begin with the Lycan boarding the ship and introducing a few main characters.
  • Please do not ghost me, let me know when you no longer wish to continue.

About the vampires:
  • Pure-blood vampires are the only ones who can walk in the sunlight hours but they rarely do, preferring to mingle with their own kind. This will give your character opportunities to at least notice my character during the daylight hours before they officially become more acquainted.
  • I would prefer the vampire be between the "appearance" age of 20-35 years old for friendship/romance relationship. If you are personally younger and would like to do this role-play I would prefer the lycan become attached to your character more as a care taker to them.
  • The vampire can be male/female, this does not matter to me even if it's a romance but their will be no romance feelings from the beginning. The vampire will have the intention to enslave my lycan character from the first moment. Mostly because they noticed he has so much control over his abilities, the lycan would make for a great bodyguard while the vampires tried to establish the first vampire city in the new land.
  • They will need a body guard because at that moment the only established cities are meant for the humans who have already started to try and take the land from the vampires who are there.
  • The reason your character is going over their in the first place is because there is a human up-rise in the works having a very similar idea to the lycans and the counsel has not heard back from the vampires that were living there so they are sending a pure-blood (your character) over with an small army of turned vampires (like maybe 30 are below deck with your character.)
  • The pure-blood will be very proper and hold themselves above others in appearance at least, behind closed doors I don’t care how they act. Though they will not act childish (unless they are a child) or feeble, yes they can have moments of breaking down because there will be many trials against these two but not to have a weak personality. A weak personality will be killed off, I will not hold any punches, I will kill off your character because they could not live in that time period and my character will have no interest in protecting them till much later on.
Pure-blood and turned vampires have servants and lycan guards.
  • Servants: Humans who have devoted their lives to not only feeding the vampires but serving them till they die or are released of their duties. The main goal of the servant is to gain enough grace to be granted being turned or being given certain power/control over lands while remaining human. Basically they want money or immorality.
  • Lycan guards: Lycans who have chosen to give up their free will, basically becoming a dog, guarding the main house or areas they are placed at to protect the vampire or their possessions. Usually symbolized by wearing a collar so they can do errands for their masters without harassment or being hunted. They only desire to live among the humans in the world they once knew, no pure-blood had ever given their life to be a Lycan guard. The term used the lycan used before "house mongrel" is what the lycans call the ones who sell out.

I have the starter already made, I am just looking for someone interested to play the vampire prince/princess. You do not have to play multiple characters, I am used to filling the side character positions so if you would like me to do this with the characters around yours just let me know I already plan to play the captain which would be a well known loyal servant. If you have any questions please let me know, I hope you don't mind if I look at examples of your writing style prior to posting the starter with you.

This is an alternative fictional world but I would like it to have some realistic history theme to it, however I am willing to lean towards a slight steampunk/alchemist sort of world as long as it makes sense.

Artist credit:
Boy and Wolf
By ireju -on deviant art.

Last edited:
I am absolutely in love with this entire story already. May we speak further on the matter?

I am absolutely in love with this entire story already. May we speak further on the matter?
We may, I am going to bed however, I am sorry. Do you have any questions or an idea in mind for your character that you would like to share that I can read in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back