• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

faelsafe

Ad Astra Per Aspera
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
BBcode Intimidates me, all information is split across the first page of the thread for Accessibility / Organization. Currently a work in progress! 💚

About Me

You can call me Hayes or Faye, my pronouns are they/them or fae/faer. I am 30, so will not RP with minors.
I am agender and grayace + bi, and like to play with canon character's gender/sexuality. I don't think any canon character can be assumed to be straight or cis. I primarily play non-het characters.
I am autistic and have ADHD, so I might not always respond back immediately. I'm ditch friendly and supportive of intermittent/sparse replies.
I prefer for plots to be stories we're writing together, not just romance between the characters we're playing. I prefer Canon x Canon romances, but am open to OC x Canon and will double for your favorite ships.
I live in Central Time. (Currently: GMT/UTC-5)
Depending on the style of writing I may respond as little as once a week. Longer responses = longer time between, while more casual / shorter responses may get two or more in a day.
My writing style is 3rd person present or past tense, ranging from 2 paragraphs (200-ish words) to multi-para (1000+ words) depending on context.

Last edited:
Limits

I personally have very few limits, which I will go over shortly. This means typically my priority is to match my partner's limits. I will fully honor all limits communicated to me, and if anything needs to be revised at any point during a plot then I will ensure that future plot direction / character actions incorporate newly discussed limits, even if that means retconning preciously established plot points.

Roleplay is only fun if we're both having fun, and your comfort is a main focus of the story.

While I am open to and enjoy playing "messy" or "toxic" relationships, one-sided affections, and other unhealthy romantic dynamics, I am not interested in depicting or alluding to anything nonconsensual between characters in present-day.

I like to keep physical violence / mental trauma at levels relative to their source material.

EX: In Love Live, the worst thing that could happen is probably breaking a bone, vs in Hannibal there's an expected and tolerable amount of violence/trauma that would be extreme and out of place in other media.

Exceptions: Some fandoms have a certain degree of "Plot Armor" around their main characters. Yami/Atem enters physically dangerous situations which COULD result in real bodily harm, but those worse outcomes never occur in Yu-Gi-Oh. Dipper and Mabel are regularly in danger, but by the start of the next episode even the worst physical damage has disappeared. I do enjoy looking at these media through more realistic lenses where the consequences of actions carry more weight.

Last edited:
Fandoms
Current Cravings S Tier I Have Plot Ideas or am REALLY looking for certain OCxCanons

⚠️⚠️GRAVITY FALLS CURRENT MAIN SEARCH ⚠️⚠️

Post-Canon: (I'M ON MY KNEES, I'M BEGGING, IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PLEASE, I WILL DOUBLE FOR ANY CHARACTER, I WILL RUN A SECOND PLOT CONCURRENT TO THIS ONE, THIS IS THEEEEEEE ONE I WANT TO DO MORE THAN ANYTHING)
Loosely based on palolabg's 3AM AU
Dipper and Mabel's summer trips to Gravity Falls became the routine throughout their middle and high school years, until college sent them on separate paths. Now as adults Pacifica urges them to come back to town for the first time in years, as the oddities that are drawn to the town are becoming stranger and more frequent. When they arrive they immediately make their way to check on the statue/grave of Bill Cipher to find it missing - but is he the cause of what's going on? Lots of room for plotting, though I do have thoughts on the Big Bad being connected to Gideon + the Star Shaped Symbol used at the Tent of Telepathy being another demon who has a past history with Bill.

I really want to make sure whoever is interested in this plot is as excited about it as I am, so the biggest ask is that you feel comfortable playing Bill against a post-college Adult Dipper with, a B-plot slowburn eventual romance between them. In return we can add in literally any other ship as a Main focus, including if you have an OC x Canon you'd be interested in incorporating.

As for the actual PLOT of things, the short version is an AU where Bill's plan to cause Weirdmageddon / open up the Nightmare Realm wasn't just for his own benefit, and since he failed at it his Ex-(Friend? Business Partner? Romantic Partner? Equal?) has decided to take matters into their own hands (Gender Up For Discussion).

In the plot Inspo this is a demon based on the Star seen at the Tent of Telepathy named Arnold Kryptos, and Gideon is working with him, who I would be totally down to play, or we could take it in a different direction and come up with a Big Bad together.

Also in the inspo the intial hook is that Bill is accidentally summoned by the twins + is like, bound to them? Which is a little contrived for my taste but I'd love to plot like? Bill's had 16 years to sit and think about his actions ( / get therapy) and actually maybe he doesn't want this dimension torn to shreds? Actually maybe these humans aren't so bad? Maybe he had a crush on Ford he's just now coming to terms with and he's accidentally redirecting that towards Dipper who's like? Basically the same age as when Ford first met Bill?

Keywords: Bill Cipher Redemption Arc, Humanized Bill, There's Always A Bigger Bad, Open to including OCs
Possible Ships: Mabel x Pacifica, Mostly Non-toxic Bill x Dipper, Bill x OC Star Demon, Open to Others, Open to Polyships
I Want to Play: Dipper
I Can Also Play: Mabel, Pacifica, Gideon, OC Star Demon, Wendy, Robbie

Mystery Trio:

Stanley may have been thrown out by their dad, but Ford's stubborn anger can't hold out all the way through college. The first time he meets a monster that he feels in real danger around he finds himself with a single thought - I wish Stanley were here. As if on cue he sees one of his brother's infomercials not long after and reaches out, inviting him to come meet him in Gravity Falls, and with some heartfelt apologies he convinces Stan to stay. Not too much later Fiddleford also joins the Research Team, and from there we can make the story we want. How do things change? How do they stay the same?

Keywords: Found Family, Monster of the Week, Bill Cipher is a Menace, Open to including OCs
Possible Ships: Stan x Fiddleford, Ford x Fiddleford, Toxic Ford x Bill, Open to Others, Open to Polyships
I Want to Play: Ford
I Can Also Play: Stan, Fiddleford

Ageswapped Pines:

Orson "Dipper" Pines wasn't born with six fingers (the birthmark on his forehead was bad enough) but his twin sister Mabel always knew he'd be the hot shot that got rich and got out of Glass Shard Beach. When they were kids it was a "prophecy" spoken with pride (Mabel declaring at a young age that Ma Pines's psychic abilities were obviously only passed down the girls in the family, and picking up her cons just as well) but as they got older they grew apart, culminating in Mabel costing Dipper an ultra impressive scholarship their senior year and being thrown out of the house. Dipper did not scrape up enough to get into Backupsmore, and fearing the worst for himself set out on his own. ("Sometimes I use big words, and I don't actually know what they mean. I mean, I'm supposed to be the smart guy. If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?)

In his dreams a mysterious figure came to him, promising big things were in the future for Dipper if he just listened to the being that began to present itself in a recurring fashion througout his sleeping hours. A lucky lottery ticket later and Dipper is fully back on track, not just to go to Backupsmore but to the very college that had become an impossible dream, and from there to start his research into the Epicenter of Weirdness he found in Gravity Falls. Plotting can go from here, very open to a lot of different avenues, can be set in the 80's or 2010's. Can bring in Mabel, can swap more canon characters into similar story roles, this one is very "Open Sandbox".

Keywords: Roleswap AU, Open to including OCs
Possible Ships: Bill x Dipper (Toxicity TBD), Open to Polyships, Ask for Others
I Can Also Play: (TBD)

Canon Redux:

Taking the bones of the show and doing something different with it. Adding OCs into the canon cast, replacing any of the canon cast with OCs.

Keywords: Alternate Universe, OC Playground
Possible Ships: N/A, Interested in a low to no romance focus

OC x Canon:

Keywords: OC Playground
Looking For: Nonbinary OC x Bill, Multiple Ideas for time/place settings
Can Play: Dipper, Mabel, Stan, Ford, Fiddleford, Gideon, Pacifica, Ask for Others

Final Fantasy XV

- Canon Redux (Adding OCs, Changing Plot , Whatever we want)
- If you want to play Ardyn for my Prompto or my Fem!OC I officially owe you my life. I will double literally anyone in exchange.
- I have ideas for an AU where Prompto doesn't get to join the crownsguard and ends up on a concurrent road trip with Ardyn (pretending to be helpful) + Aranea + Luna.

FNAF (Movie-leaning)

- If anyone is specifically down to play Matthew Lillard's William Afton x OC, please let me know.

Last edited:
General Fandom List, Broken up by Tier:
(Bolded is Characters I want to play)

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Based on Subs, Not Dubs)
Ship Blacklist: Heartshipping (Yugi x Ryou), Prideshipping (Yami Yugi / Atem x Seto)
Looking For (CCxCC): Ryou x Aigami, Ryou x Yami Bakura x Malik x Yami Malik
Looking For (OCxCC): Yami Bakura, Malik, Thief King Bakura
Can Play: Ryou, Yami Bakura, Malik, Yami Malik, Seto, Jounouchi, Ask for Others

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Based on Subs, Not Dubs)
Ship Blacklist: Not looking for Ships / OC x Canons

- Post-Series Plot taking place in Domino City / crossing over with OG Yugioh Cast
- I want to play Judai.

Undertale
- Do you want someone to play Sans for you? I can be that someone. No doubling necessary, just introduce me to your OC and let's get them to the (skeleton pun redacted because I don't want it misconstrued in relation to site rules).

Deltarune
- When only 2/7ths of the game is out the world is our sandbox. Want to speculate on plot? Want to date Sans but with even less preattached backstory? Want to summon Gaster?

Hazbin Hotel
- Canon Redux (Adding OCs, Changing Plot Points, Whatever we want)
- Down to play Alastor for Lucifer, Vox or an OC, but be prepared that I will not soften him from canon. Yes he can and will fall in love if you want but Love can also look like possession can also look like control, love is power and he will need time to find the benefits of sharing that power.

A Tier
(I have vague ideas, I'm interested in certain ships, or am interested in specific OC x Canons)

Yugioh DM (Based on Subs not Dubs)
Yugioh GX (Based on Subs not Dubs)

Kingdom Hearts
Ship Blacklist: Sora x Kairi, Roxas x Namine, Namine x Riku, Vanitas x Kairi, RIku x Fem!OC
Looking For (CCxCC): Sora x Riku, Ventus x Kairi, Terra x Aqua, Ventus x Vanitas, Xigbar x Demyx, Sora x Vanitas, Riku x Vanitas, Sora x Riku x Vanitas
Looking For (OCxCC): Male!OC x Young Xehanort, Male!OC, Fem!OC, or NB!OC x Xemnas, Male!OC, Fem!OC, or NB!OC x Xigbar/Luxu
Can Play: Vanitas, Ventus, Kairi, Riku (for Male or Nonbinary OCs only), Terra, Aqua, Zexion/Ienzo, Xigbar/Braig, Saix, Ask for Others

Undertale
Deltarune
Hazbin Hotel

B Tier
(I have general Vibes/Interest but no plots or OCs in mind)

Labyrinth
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Star Wars (Prequel, OG, Sequel)

The Boys
Stranger Things
Hannibal

Final Fantasy X/X-2
Dreamlight Valley
Twisted Wonderland
Omori
Dredge
The World Ends With You (Haven't played NEO yet)

Love Live! (u's, Aquors, Sunshine Over The Mirror, Liella, IMPACTS)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Chobits / Angelic Layer
xxxHolic / Tsubasa
Madoka Magica
Cardcaptor Sakura
Pokemon
Fruits Basket
Tokyo Mew Mew
.//hack (most familiar with Sign)

Twilight
Percy Jackson
Kingdom Keepers
Monster High
Homestuck
Hermitcraft (NOT RPF)
The Magnus Archives

Last edited:
General Plot Ideas/Vibes that apply across different fandoms:
- Isekai OCs / OCs with knowledge of the source who are intentionally trying to change canon events for better outcomes
- Based on canon but fully with OCs
- Starts off canon but things diverge
- Replacing Canons with OCs
- OC x Canon
- People who want to fully DM a plot / let me be the Main Character (Only if you'd REALLY enjoy it! These are my favorite but I prioritize doubling for romances/splitting full casts for plots to keep things fair 😌💚
- Enemies to Lovers
- Rivals to Lovers
- "I need him in ways that are concerning to feminism."
- Toxic romance / relationships
- One-sided feelings for Villains who are more than okay with taking advantage of that.

Last edited:
Writing Samples
(Copied from Discord, so please pretend that any asterisks are properly italics/bolded text, I don't want to reformat things)

It was hard now for Stanford to remember a time when the simple A-frame house he had purchased in Gravity Falls had seemed much more like a *research lab* and much less like a *home*, a space where collapsible tables buckled under the weight of specimen he investigated and papers he collected. It had started its metamorphosis the very day he had called his brother, fumbling with bandages and disinfectant to cover the large gashes across his arm that he'd so far decided against taking to get stitches when a commercial came on that felt like as clear a sign as any.

*Hate cleaning your gutters? Looking for a better way? Hi! I'm Stanley Pines - inventor and distributor of the Leaf-Be-Gone Gutter Vac! Made in the USA with a proprietary rust-proof coating it sucks longer and harder than anything else on the market!*

It wasn't the first time he'd seen his brother's face - their *shared* face, really - on his television, but for the first time in a long time it sent a pang of undeniable longing through his chest. If Stanley were with him he wouldn't have been *running* from the territorial band of gnomes he'd stumbled across.

But Stanley wasn't the type to simply uproot his own plans for his brother - and this led him to bringing along company in the form of *Fiddleford McGucket*, a man unlike any of the well-to-do families he had networked with during his time in college but seemingly no less ambitious as the attic slowly accumulated all manner of electronic equipment that the man tinkered and tweaked with at hours just as strange as his own. As he understood it the of them were working on developing a computer small enough to fit on a *desk* - and planning how to convince the average American that a tool previously used nearly exclusively in fields of scientific research was a device that they needed to own. He had full faith his brother would find the right angle, as long as the two of them stopped getting distracted by Ford's own research.

In preparation for their arrival Ford had tidied up the lab. Setting up a spare room and the attic as bedrooms was the *least* he could do, and at the behest of his Muse he'd moved the majority of his research into the dedicated basement office away from prying eyes. It would be best to ease them in, they had decided. No need to tell his brother any more than he *needed* to know. And did he really want another scientist laying eyes on the portal schematics before it was ready? Of course, at the time he still hadn't been entirely sure Bill was anything more than a result of his overactive imagination coexisting with his self-imposed isolation.

Since then his brother's teasing over how Ford *finally knew how to let loose once in a while* after agreeing to let Bill use his body to write out complex equations and add notes to Ford's diagrams was more than enough evidence for him to accept that Bill was more than just some *coping mechanism*. Bill's apologies were sincere enough - after all, Ford had dozed off in the Mindscape and Bill couldn't have just ignored Stanley, could he? - and in the months since he'd first allowed Bill to move through him he found his Muse more literally appearing to him in his waking hours as well, visible only to him.

And it hadn't been that long ago at all that Stan and Fiddleford had gotten their first taste of the Law of Weirdness Magnetism when Ford brought home a tiny winged creature in a jar to study. After leaving it on the counter he came back to his brother naively unscrewing the lid, reaching his hand into the jar to help the fairy out. Before Ford could explain further or offer any fair warning Stan yelped, dropping the jar which shattered on the kitchen floor and instinctively flapping his hand to dislodge the small pest, which made a beeline deeper into the house. "It bit me!" he said indignantly, looking to Ford for answers as soon as he recognized his brother's entrance into the room.

"Yes - fairies *are* known to do that." he offered apologetically. "We should go find it before it can cause any real damage."

"Hold on, am I going to get magical rabies?"

And they did not, in fact, find it before it had chewed through a half dozen cables and wires in the latest prototype for Fiddleford's next step in miniaturization, which he was currently calling a *compu-case* for its briefcase-like design. Neither could argue with the effectiveness of using the very same prototype as a fly-swatter, however, to end the menace's presence in the house.
Chandler had spent the last two months on what could loosely be called his *best behavior*. He had kept his head down, gone to work, dove headfirst into trying to piece together the previous Archival team's time from the shredded pile of scraps he had. He had avoided being alone in the dark, walked home with friends or took an Uber the few times something piqued his interest with enough fervor for him to find he was leaving alongside Anthony.

He hadn't *looked* for opportunities, but could he say he hadn't taken the occasional chance? Only small things, only things inconsequential in the grand scheme of it all. Things that he convinced himself he couldn't even be sure he *had* influenced.

He'd been distracted by Varan while cooking and ended up burning the side he was making for dinner. He could smell it, and hadn't opened the oven yet to look yet, and made a firm decision: *No, it's not burn. It's perfectly golden brown. There must be some stain in the oven that's making it smell burnt.* Despite knowing that the oven had been spotless when he started. Despite knowing that their house cleaner wouldn't have missed something like that *yesterday*. Yet he had opened the oven and found just that - perfectly cooked dinner and a small smoking black char against splattered against the oven wall. It could be rationalized. He wasn't mad at the housekeeping for missing it - he wouldn't even bring it up. They were only human, and mistakes happen sometimes.

Abigail had been lamenting over tickets to some live event selling out, and of course Chandler had the easy solution but when he was met with the *same* information from the concierge after a full 30 minutes on hold, Chandler felt a small pull at the back of his eyelids when he said - *"I would deeply appreciate if you could check just one more time for me."* - and without even being put back on hold was provided with information not just for the standard ticket that Abigail had described but a *Backstage All Inclusive Pass*. It was not the first miracle his connections had pulled. It might have been nothing.

At no point since healing had his scars shown any sign of being anything other than skin knitted together after self-inflicted trauma. But his sight swims, the pure saturation of color following his gaze and painting whatever he laid eyes on. Patterns on his skin shift and move, spirals unraveling and dancing through a kaleidoscope of shapes without ever settling on one. The golden glow continued to well up from within him, a river flooding its banks and all time and space slows around him, focus entirely on a single drop that falls free from his skin and the splatter it leaves on the ground at his feet, and at his feet *is* the alley, golden glow giving way to a cacophany that both matched and clashed against Julian's symphony, drowning Grayson's voice entirely in pure distortion.

Once he had twisted back the hands of time by seconds. Set a thought loose in a father's mind to take the arrow meant for Grayson. His laughter draws the attention of both men, he's sure. He is not hiding from them, he has no need. The rubber band is stretched taught, and in the moment before it snaps he thinks he sees Grayson scowl, the arc of his arm shifting as if he was going to try and shoot Chandler - *You can't kill your savior, Grayson. Every breath you take is given by me, because I willed it.* - and he sees Julian, sees roots of brown hair hiding behind blonde that is white in comparison, sees a son he's only read about. A sister, a husband, a teacher, and with each face another who was only remembered by *one*, and Julian's gaze finds Chandler's with a glittering unreadable expression. - *Reality is subjective. Reality is comprised of all the lies we agree on and all the truths others make us believe. But A Hunter needs Reality to exist as a straight line of action and consequence. Would I have been able to remember his face if you had taken it? I wish I could have found that answer. Will you be able to remember **this**? I do hope so.*

Action and consequence rewind around Chandler, unattached until he is jerked to attention like an anchor hitting the ocean floor. His grip loosens from Ira's throat as the secretary's words strain, attempting to diffuse the moment with a soft laugh and an apologetic quirk of his eyebrows, shifting to stroke his thumb instead along their neck to hit those particular nerves that he knows sends a ripple of desire down xir spine. "I'm sorry - did I get carried away?" he asks, leaning in now to kiss everywhere his hands had touched, lapping against skin that he hopes wouldn't *bruise*. "Can I make it up to you?"

Last edited:
BUMP: I have (almost) fully reformatted this thread! If you've browsed it before I urge you to browse again to see what's new 💚

I added a ton of fandoms as well as some General plot vibes that could apply to any of them.

I also added additional information about the Post-Canon Gravity Falls plot that I'm craving and writing samples 💚

I also reformatted / revamped my About Me and Limits sections to offer clearer expectations from my side and open the door to better discussion from potential partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back