Personality and RP-style Introductory Address

MerchantOfTheUndead

Unlucky Member
The necromancer droned as the horrid energies swirled around him, his bones cracking as his body contorted in unnatural positions: a necessary sacrifice for the spell at hand. Eyes filled with horror witnessed the abominable mage's agony, completely obsessed with his art and giving the pain little regard apart from his forced screams. Bringing his writhing arms to a halt he peered at his victim--whom was tied to a jaw jutting from a wall of his lair, a mere guinea pig to test the effectiveness of the incantation.

As the necromancer ceased crying out the words he instead began to whisper and vehemently point in the direction of his target.

The man on the wall had a family, wife and children, all kidnapped and used as resources in a similar fashion as their father was about to witness. Their crumpled bodies lay at his feet--the test had been a failure on such.

Small dots of blackish-green energy began to fizzle and ooze out of the sorcerer's pointing finger, flying out and attaching themselves to the man who wailed through tears despite the lack pain--he knew what was to come.

Hundreds of, putrefying grey sores began to form all over the necromancer's body in the shape of nightmarish runes. The same marks began to appear on the father.

The captive groaned as his flesh began to fall apart and form into those sores, and when the pain was seemingly at the point where he was no longer able to bear it--the necromancer made his final motion. With a grin of psychopathic excitement the cold individual grasped hold of his own left arm, then yanked it suddenly from his shoulder. The necromancer cried out in pain, this dark magick required such sacrifice on its living users.

The sores spread to cover the sorcerer's wound, and suddenly flashed with ectoplasmic energy. The bleeding was halted on his shoulder by the sores, but the necromancer's attention was to his test subject. The sores on the father's body swarmed around his left arm and flashed, spreading over the entire limb as it rotted to pieces. Not even the bones remained.

The spell was a success, using necromancy to reflect physical damage seemed to be an effective, but costly method to even the odds against an opponent. He cradled his shoulder as another black-robed figure emerged from the shadows. The figure picked up his pupil's arm and waved his hand over it, reanimating the flesh. The arm grasped and clawed the air immediately toward the living form on the wall, but it's path was altered, and placed on the sore-covered shoulder. With another movement and utterance from the overseeing mage the bones of the arm protruded outward into the flesh of the pupil,a simple fix for the moment--he would need to scavenge for a replacement socket. The helpless man hanging from the wall was struggling anew, desperately in pain, screaming madly at the loss of his arm. His sanity had been broken, and would no doubt effect further experiments.

"Truly impressive, not only do you have great competency but also creative potential in our art." the younger necromancer bowed his head weakly, still cradling his shoulder. "It may take you a while to master that new limb, since it now has a weak mind of its own." The master eyed the test subject, looking slightly annoyed. Moving calmly and methodically he placed his own dead, grey-skinned hand on the man's eyes.

Silence filled the dark laboratory once more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had only moderate experience with roleplaying, but I haven't done so in a year since work has had me very busy. However, I'm far less busy now, and would enjoy venting what monstrosities I have cooped up in this skull. Through your help this can be accomplished!

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to writing with you.

First of all, welcome to the RpNation MerchantOfTheUndead!

Just wanted to thank you for posting an introduction. If you have any questions such as creating a role play, updating your avatar, earning achievements, etc.. please visit the following link:

http://www.rpnation.com/showthread.php/696-Welcome-to-the-RpNation!

Now if you have any more questions, please don't be afraid to reach out to one of our staff members!

Your new friend

~Gg

You're a good writer! I'd love to RP with you sometime.

I friended ya, maybe we can discuss an RP to do or something. Since we're both lame newbies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back