• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Outcast Camp - People with superhuman abilities + Mystery vibes - All Slot Currently Filled

Foxxymoron

Royal Fool
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey everyone! This is an idea I had in early 2014, I tried it back then but I never was able to push it forward. I recognize this may have My Hero Academia and X-Men vibes but at the time I envisioned this it was a completely original idea. That being said I am taking some inspiration now.

This takes place in a place called Outcast Camp. In this world, about 35% of the population are known as Outcasts. People with special superhuman abilities known as 'Facets'. In the early 16th century people with these Facets began to emerge. Of course humans without powers were wary and violent against those that were different. they were labeled 'Outcasts'.

After a few years it was obvious that these Outcasts were becoming more and more frequent. This led to violence and murder, torture, burning at stakes, etc.

One man by the name of Deidicus Blair decided to create a safe-haven for these Outcasts. So he set off to form a group that would build such a place. Hidden somewhere in the Pacific Northwest in a deeply wooded area, the camp began its construction. It took several years but finally the Camp was finished. A grouping of cities/districts span out for miles. Different cities were designed differently, to accommodate for lifestyle and specific Facets. Scouts were sent out to find Outcasts and bring them back to the Camp so they could live safely. The Camp had many measures to hide from detection.

Fast forward to the present day. It's the start of Summer vacation. The Camp is still thriving, now spanning hundreds of miles and even delving into the underground. Technology now exists and with it better measures to hide, scout for outcasts, and also prove harmful to the Camp. That is why those in the Camp cannot access the internet of the outside world, instead they have their own Camp run internet, browser and websites, their phones can't call numbers outside the camp either.

The election is coming up for new Camp Leader. A mysterious man known only as 'The Director' has been winning in the polls. He is high up within the government of the Camp. Training programs for those that want to hone their Facets are used widely, however this is the start of Summer vacation. It's time to relax. Perhaps you work a job, or are in college, or are wanting to become a Camp Approved Defender or CAD. (Basically a Superhero for the Camp to help reduce crime as it still does exist.)

There is to be an unveiling of a statue of the Founder that will be erected later in the afternoon. Everyone is invited.

In this Rp you will play as an Outcast living in the Camp, whether you're new or have lived there your entire life is up to you. Please try to be original from others in your Facets. Characters must be 18 or older. No overpowered abilities. (At least to start.) This roleplay will contain darker vibes and themes at times, and a big aspect will be Mystery. Romance is allowed but don't go overboard and make sure other players are okay with it first. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I plan on potentially making a group discord for OOC. I'm looking for no more than 4 people to join this. However I will allow people to have 2 characters to start if you so choose.

Post a comment if you'd be interested!

bump! hoping to garner some interest here, i promise i have some cool ideas for this ;-;

Interested! Funny that you mention mha/x-men, cause my first thought here is camp half-blood.

Quick question though, what(if any) general limits are there on powers? Like, can one's powers directly effect another(like mind control, or even something like magneto tossing around wolverine), could fire/ice powers be indistinguishable with enough skill because of how temperature works in the real world, could someone like Darwin exist, able to functionally match any and all external stimulus to ensure their own survival?

Interested! Funny that you mention mha/x-men, cause my first thought here is camp half-blood.

Quick question though, what(if any) general limits are there on powers? Like, can one's powers directly effect another(like mind control, or even something like magneto tossing around wolverine), could fire/ice powers be indistinguishable with enough skill because of how temperature works in the real world, could someone like Darwin exist, able to functionally match any and all external stimulus to ensure their own survival?
Nothing too OP to the point they'd win a fight every time. So like, no powers where you could like create a singularity lol. And yes to all your other questions

My comment disappeared, but I am still interested in this RP if it isn't too late

might work on some stuff tonight for this and ill post it here when I do.

I'm open to one more person joining but I'm down to get things rolling soon

Omg! I'm so sorry, I might have rejected it since we didn't have any mutual friends or servers. I forget I have my Discord on here. 😭😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back