• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings original plots, some with fantasy/supernatural elements

junedingo

fly? yes. land? no.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heyo!

Junedingo here trying to find some compatible writing partners. I am a 34 year old dinosaur and work long hours four days a week, so I will not promise a daily reply, even if that's what I aim to accomplish when I can. I am happy to rp through threads, PM, and I do have a discord as well. If you would like samples, please look here.

For romances, my preference is in this order: m//, f//, nb//, m/f. I usually do well with writing partners that don't stick to one specific type of character.

While I do have ideas for plots, developing plots and backgrounds with my writing partner is very enjoyable to me. I usually only write original characters, even if it takes place in the universe from a known story/game/movie etc.

Typically, I am a middle to long reply writer, but during some conversations or action scenes I like to keep things more succinct to a paragraph or two so that my writing partner and I are equally flowing the event along.

Please private message me if any of the ideas below suit your fancy!

Last edited:
Veterinarian x Werewolf - Modern Day Alaska/Canada!
Character A is a veterinarian who has just taken over the practice for an aging doctor in an Alaskan or Northern Canadian town/city. The doctor who owns the practice is experiencing some health concerns, and knowing the community would be in trouble without a practicing veterinarian, Character A decided to pack up and move. They'd just had some troubles at the practice they'd worked at previously, some personal drama with perhaps a staff member or a relationship they needed out of. So the sudden move to a place they've never been is taken as a chance for a bit of a break, a fresh start in a beautiful area.

During their first week, things are going alright, but what they thought was an injured dog on their back step turns out to be a wolf! Alarmed, they drag the animal into the clinic just as they were closing, and even though there is no person in sight, they can't just leave the beautiful animal to die. Examining them shows bullets, and after extracting the bullets they do what they can for the wolf, leaving their survival up to the strength of the creature itself at this point.

In the morning, Character A is alarmed by the sight of a person in their clinic. The doors are all locked still, but there's a person in a pair of leftover scrubs just sitting in their lobby, yet the wolf is no where to be found. The person is Character B, who has hair and eye color the same as the wolf, and explains that there is no wolf, that they are in fact a werewolf and want to thank Character A for saving their life.

From here, Character A will get dragged into Character B's drama, and the world of werewolves.

Human Psychic/Medium x Summoned Spirit/Guardian - Modern University Setting with Supernatural Elements
(inspired by plenty of anime slice of life tropes from shows like Kimi Ni Todoke and Fruit's Basket)

Character A comes from a family with a very storied lineage, with past centuries tied to the country's royals. While they were prominent with those of power, they were mostly a secret from general society, as their work involved death and spirits. As mediums, they helped to keep the dead separate from the living, purifying demonic spirits or sending restless ones to peace. Now in present day, they still secretly perform their duties, masking their work as secretaries or detectives, covering up the supernatural.

Character A initially shows promise as a medium and communicating with spirits, but despite this, they want to walk away from it all, and pour their concentration into their regular studies. They work hard as a teenager, and eventually, are accepted into an esteemed university as an adult. While Character A is elated to be studying towards their dream career, they often come across as extremely creepy to their peers. They find they don't fit in, and begin to lose self esteem, finding it harder and harder to keep up their perfect grades. Things hit rock bottom when their roommate is hospitalized, and rumors spread about Character A. A message that only Character A can see is left behind in the room, leaving behind a mysterious threat.

Worried for Character A's safety, the parents try to force their child to leave university and stay home. Character A comes up with a last resort, and summons a guardian spirit to act as their bodyguard. Character A's family begrudgingly agrees to this arrangement, and lets their child go back to university with their new "roommate" along. The protector, Character B, is a lion dog (or shisa/fu dog) spirit, who is strong enough to be able to take the form of a human at will.

After making a contract with Character A to provide protection in exchange for sustenance (they can snack on spiritual power or eat other demons/spirts), Character B pretends to live as Character A's new roommate at university. Initially, Character A is very reluctant to have anymore to do with Character B other than what is strictly necessary, as they don't want to be seen as even more of a creep by their peers. Character B is very outgoing though, and seems to make friends naturally with humans, getting invites to all sorts of events and learning to live life in the modern day happily. When simply being in constant proximity with Character B starts to rub off on Character A, enabling them to make a few treasured friendships, they start to think maybe this spirit bodyguard wasn't so bad after all. But what happens when more strange and dangerous things start to happen in the university? Who or what is responsible? And the link between Character A and B, will it simply be dissolved once Character A can fully support themself? And why did Character B agree to the contract in the first place?

I would currently like to write for Character B, as I am already playing a mage character in another story!

Vampire who hunts beasts x Human villager - Set in 1500s-1800s Transylvania type of country (inspired by the Netflix Castlevania first season).

Character A lives a nomadic life as a hunter for hire. They offer to hunt down any pesky beasts lurking in the woods for a small fee and a free bed to sleep in. They hunt by night, and sleep away the days. Character A is very attractive, charming, and flirts easily with the women in whatever village they happen to be staying in. People grumble about Character A's home wrecking demeanor, but can't be upset when their hunting produces results, leading the towns to increased safety for a time.

Character B lives in one such beast-plagued village. Perhaps on the edge of a large forest in a village known for woodcutters, or perhaps in the mountains where they make a living through mining.

Character A is hired to help Character B's village with their apparent wolf problem, and is put up to stay in their home. Character B is immediately suspicious because Character A wastes no time with flirting, seeming to show particular focus on Character B's younger sister. Being the protective older brother, Character B sneaks after Character A, only to come upon a truth they wished they hadn't:

Character A has their fangs in Character B's sister's neck, making a snack of the young woman's blood as she remains entranced and oblivious.

Despite the difficult situation for the both of them, they decide to make an agreement: That Character A can stay in the village, help with the wolf population issue, so long as Character A only uses Character B for blood.

I would like to play Character A.

Vampire Hunter x Vampire - set in 1990s Urban Realistic Fantasy
Vampires are real, lethal threats in modern society. They possess human intelligence with uber human strength, driven by an incurable blood lust. While they are adept stalkers and hunters, they have weakness as well, chiefly that of sunlight. They are also incapable of crossing a threshold without invitation, and can be killed with a stake in the heart. Humans have lived with them as a threat for all history, and considers any sort of interaction with them extremely taboo. As the world modernizes their threat has become increasingly diminished. Still, when someone goes missing in the night, there's a decent chance it was the work of a hungry vampire.

In some large cities, vigilante vampire hunter groups are formed. Some of these are secretly backed by the city police, giving them greater resources and budget than if operated by the civilians alone. This means that some of these vampire hunters can make a (barely) living wage out of the occupation, risking their lives to act as bait for luring in a vampire to kill them right before the bite. Most of these hunters are adrenaline junkies, and put their bodies through a lot in order to become vampire killers, both with combat training and warding tattoos.

What happens though, when one disillusioned vampire hunter meets a particularly nonviolent vampire? Even more, what if that vampire takes a liking to the hunter, and saves them from a dangerous encounter with others of their own kind? Their involvement with one another is taboo on both sides, but somehow the pair are still drawn to one another.

Kemonomimi - fox and wolf tribes, fantasy elements with childhood friends to lovers alongside more plot - set in a North America mostly untouched by European society.

In this world people exist with traits of different canid species. From painted dogs and jackals, to manned wolves and arctic foxes, people have the defining traits of the ears and tails of those canid species (so a fox tribe member would have red ears and tail like a fox). Other than these traits, they are human in appearance near completely.

In this world magic does exist, and people are divided into tribes generally based upon their canid traits. For instance, the fox tribe has shamans and are generally known for being strong in magic, particularly in shapeshifting and other tactics that keep them secretive from other tribes (think mage or warlock in rpgs). They do this to ensure their safety, as the fox tribe was often attacked by other tribes for their inferiority in battle. One such tribe that was routinely able to best them in battles and would pillage their villages was the Wolf tribe. The wolf tribe has magic with abilities that enhance their physical strength or endurance. Because of their physical strength, the wolf tribes live out in the plains and do not seek the cover and seclusion that the forest provides like the fox tribe.

This story would have a wolf tribe child being taken in by the fox tribe after the wolf tribe child fled from certain death. The wolf tribe had been attacked by something so strong even their warrior strength stood no chance, and the single survivor was the child who ran to the woods blindly. There, a fox tribe child deemed to be the next religious leader of their community, found them and protected them, and although it was not like their ways, the fox tribe allowed the wolf tribe child to stay and grow in their safety.

The story would begin with the characters grown up, and now the fox tribe is starting to want to push the wolf out.

I would be happy to play either character.

Ghibli Studios Inspired Plots

Kiki's Delivery Service - Think slice of life fantasy with comedy and cute romance awkwardness
Character A is working as a manager at a cafe in a tourist destination town, a sleepy seaside villa during winter months that is absolutely bursting with people during the summer months. They can be someone who has lived there their whole life, or be someone who is just short term, taking a break from universities studies. Either way, when one of their recent hires backs out at the last second, they are in big trouble to find another employee to help right before tourist season begins. This means that they're not very picky when Character B falls into their lap - literally.

Character B is just finished with their magic studies, and is now looking to finally enter the real world using their talents. They've been offered a mage apprenticeship at some town way down the coast, so packing up their belongings and hopping on their broom, they fly optimistically towards their future career. Things go awry though when they crash into a cafe in a seaside town miles away. Too embarrassed to own up to the fact that they've wrecked their broom and can't seem to fix it - something they should be able to do easily by now - Character B decides to just stay in this town and gets hired to work for the summer at the cafe they crashed into.

Spirited Away -
Character A is a guardian spirit of the forest, but has lost their memories and therefore forgotten who they are for a long time now. They only know that they signed a contract to the owner of the spirit onsen, essentially enslaving themselves in return for something the owner had granted them in the past. Mostly, they live humbly and see to the menial chores of the facility, cleaning the tubs, answering patrons when yelled at for more towels or to scrub harder between their toes.

Character B is the human who stumbles into this world, and its only Character A intervening to protect them that keeps Character B from being devoured by a spirit. Character A takes B under their wing, and thankful for their help, Character B decides to start trying to find out why Character A can't remember anything, and how they can help free them from the onsen's contract.

I would like to play Character A. I have an idea for them as appearing as a tall male in early twenties, dark skin with speckles all over like a deer, even complete with antlers on their head. They're shy, hardworking, and very kind.

Howl's Moving Castle - This plot needs a lot of help, I just love the world and premise and would be happy to rework it with similar or different type of characters.

Last edited:
Plots without any fantasy or sci-fi elements
Zookeepers crushing on each other - modern setting
Character A is a zookeeper of either lions or wolves, and is known for being strong and able to physically play with the animals like they're all siblings in the same pack. They're popular among the other staff, have a boisterous personality, and are able to converse well with the visitors. They especially like to take part in educational segments for children, and are sometimes present on the zoo's social media.

Character B is also a zookeeper, but works in the nocturnal animals section, specializing in caring for the bats that need extra attention. They are reluctant to ever be on camera for any social media, as they are very shy, quiet, and keep to themselves. They have a very hard time getting along with Character A, who for reasons that B can't figure out, tries to talk with them sometimes despite neither of them seeming to have anything in common.

What Character B doesn't know, is that Character A has had a crush on them for months.

The plot could entail a simple rom-com type of story, with perhaps them needing to share a living space for a little while, or maybe they're both invited to some event together, etc. I just had the idea for the silly dynamics and lots of misunderstandings between them.

Last edited:
A few fandoms with oc plot ideas
(adult characters only obviously)
  1. Pokemon - oc characters, no cannon interests for me here​
    1. Playing around with the various jobs/trainer classes, as well as time periods. Rangers saving idiot trainers in the mountains. Researchers needing to hire a bodyguard type of trainer to help them navigate dangerous areas.​
    2. Team Rocket grunt that is so enamored by the mysterious trainer who just royally whipped their team in battle that they have a complete change of heart and ditches Team Rocket to follow the mystery trainer.​
  2. Monster Hunter World/Rise/Wilds
    1. A hunter on the run for a mistaken reason with a member of the guild knights trying to take them into custody. Potential to have the guild knight change sides when they find the truth.​
    2. Classic handler/hunter relationship. (Really want f// for this one!)​
    3. Two hunters that really don't get along getting stuck together for a mission that is paramount to the safety of a village.​
  3. Monster Hunter Stories
    1. Hunter x Rider - either the simple hunter washes ashore to an archipelago of riders after their airship crashes, or a romeo and juliet type of romance between two opposed cultures.​
  4. Inuyasha!​

1. I adore this specific blend of action, fantasy, drama, humor, and romance, and would love to come up with a similar style storyline with a writing partner who also enjoys this type of show. I even have a half swan demon character or a martial arts experienced human I could play in the very world Inuyasha takes place.​
Other Media of Interest
Astral Chain - love the police concept
Fire Emblem (Awakening and 3Houses canon characters, throw your fave pairing at me!)
Stray Kids - Chanlix

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back