• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic (Open RP) The Cosmic Alliance

Lycanious

Join us now in the
Cosmic Alliance
GenreSci-Fi, Futuristic
OOCDiscord
Status Accepting
Useful Links
Recruitment(Pending)
  • Intro
    The galaxy is old, very old, and has seen the rise and fall of many an empire in its time. Many bitter wars have been fought and alliances forged in the name of resources or carving out pieces of territory, but as far as the galaxy is concerned, such events have always been but a brief flash in the pan at best. At best, a civilisation can hope to have an intergalactic force that rules with such power and longevity, that it may actually make for an interesting footnote somewhere before it is inevitably cut down to size like all that came before it.

Such is the nature of the Vanished Galaxy, so-named because of mildly-concerning legends of entire empires and unstoppable armies simply…vanishing. Gone without a trace, or cut down from their prime so abruptly that anthropologists and historians are left scratching their heads over what exactly happened. The galaxy is vast after all, and huge sections of it still remain a mystery to nearly all of its inhabitants. Surely, there could be answers lurking beyond the Known Sphere, though whether it would be possible or wise for anyone to ever seek them out is often up for debate.

But you, of course, want nothing to do with any of that. The Cosmic Alliance doesn’t appreciate people poking their noses around into dangerous areas and trains of thought after all. And who would want to squander a hard-earned opportunity to join its ever-growing ranks so easily?

Founded approximately 200 years ago, The Cosmic Alliance is the latest attempt by more placid or, alternatively, more desperate members of the galaxy to form a federation built on peace and prosperity. Led by an enigmatic leadership simply known as ‘The Council’, its primary focus is to create an intergalactic union of planets for defensive and economic purposes. It is noteworthy in particular for taking even pre-space worlds under its wings, shielding them from the outside dangers of the galaxy and offering a gentle, guiding hand from afar until it is decided that they too, are ready to join the alliance.

You are most likely a member of The Cosmic Alliance, or at the very least, someone who was dragged along onto this ship by someone else that is a member. Perhaps you are a fresh new recruit, eager to serve your ship on its first mission, or a hardened old officer sent to keep an eye on the new trainees. You could be someone who is merely passing through, seeking travel from one planet to another, or hoping to sell a few of your ill-gotten wares from an Elysiel junkyard before any of the snootier staff members catch wind of your activities.

For whatever your reason, you are here, on The Observer. And that’s soon to be a twist of fate that could very well let you make your mark on Vanished history.
Intro
Rules
Cast
World
Apply
Scroll box to read
Background Image from Frank Cone from Pexels

Intro
The galaxy is old, very old, and has seen the rise and fall of many an empire in its time. Many bitter wars have been fought and alliances forged in the name of resources or carving out pieces of territory, but as far as the galaxy is concerned, such events have always been but a brief flash in the pan at best. At best, a civilisation can hope to have an intergalactic force that rules with such power and longevity, that it may actually make for an interesting footnote somewhere before it is inevitably cut down to size like all that came before it.

Such is the nature of the Vanished Galaxy, so-named because of mildly-concerning legends of entire empires and unstoppable armies simply…vanishing. Gone without a trace, or cut down from their prime so abruptly that anthropologists and historians are left scratching their heads over what exactly happened. The galaxy is vast after all, and huge sections of it still remain a mystery to nearly all of its inhabitants. Surely, there could be answers lurking beyond the Known Sphere, though whether it would be possible or wise for anyone to ever seek them out is often up for debate.

But you, of course, want nothing to do with any of that. The Cosmic Alliance doesn’t appreciate people poking their noses around into dangerous areas and trains of thought after all. And who would want to squander a hard-earned opportunity to join its ever-growing ranks so easily?

Founded approximately 200 years ago, The Cosmic Alliance is the latest attempt by more placid or, alternatively, more desperate members of the galaxy to form a federation built on peace and prosperity. Led by an enigmatic leadership simply known as ‘The Council’, its primary focus is to create an intergalactic union of planets for defensive and economic purposes. It is noteworthy in particular for taking even pre-space worlds under its wings, shielding them from the outside dangers of the galaxy and offering a gentle, guiding hand from afar until it is decided that they too, are ready to join the alliance.

You are most likely a member of The Cosmic Alliance, or at the very least, someone who was dragged along onto this ship by someone else that is a member. Perhaps you are a fresh new recruit, eager to serve your ship on its first mission, or a hardened old officer sent to keep an eye on the new trainees. You could be someone who is merely passing through, seeking travel from one planet to another, or hoping to sell a few of your ill-gotten wares from an Elysiel junkyard before any of the snootier staff members catch wind of your activities.

For whatever your reason, you are here, on The Observer. And that’s soon to be a twist of fate that could very well let you make your mark on Vanished history.

Rules & Guidelines

Please note that rules may be added or modified as needed in the future.

1. Treat others with respect

This should go without saying, but please remember to respect each other throughout the roleplay and on the server, and remember that there is another human being on the other side of your screen. Hate speech and harassment of other members will not be tolerated.

2. Communicate with others

This roleplay recognises that people can get busy and that real life takes priority over the story. It's fine if you need some extra time to come up with a reply, need to take a break from things, or even quit the roleplay all together. All that we ask is that, if possible, to please communicate this clearly with other members.

3. Be mindful of the posting schedule

Our current aim is to try to post at least once a fortnight. Though players will not be kicked out of the roleplay for failing to post in this time, a period of two weeks without a post or any communication about it will have us assume that the player is on hiatus until further notice. This means that their characters will be shuffled to the background as off-screen NPCs, and that anyone involved in interactions with them is free to skip the reply and continue onwards with the roleplay. We do our best to respect the characters of others when this happens and minimise any further interactions or consequences for them, though we may give them an in-story nudge off-screen if necessary (i.e. imply that a character has wandered away from a conversation, mention that they were summoned by someone over the speakers, etc).

4. We are an 18+ Group

This is a roleplay intended for an older audience alongside of its OOC Discord. We ask that anyone who requests to join be at least 18 years old.

5. We are a primarily LGBTQ+ Group

While anyone is welcome to the server regardless of their identity, we want to stress that there are a high number of LGBTQ+ members currently present on the server and that there is a good chance that many of our characters will likewise share such identities as part of their stories. Please only join the server if you are comfortable with this.

Cast

(Applications Pending)

World

(Coming Soon)

Apply

To join the roleplay, please express your interest in the Recruitment Thread, or simply send a private message to Lycanious for a link if you just want to check out the Discord for now.

Just want to get a feel for the roleplay, peek at the lore, or chat to the other people participating before making any decisions to join? That's fine too. The Discord is open to roleplayers and quiet lurkers alike, and there's no hard feelings if you end up deciding it's not for you.

A few things about me:
Hey there! My name’s Lycanious, but you can go with Lyca or Ly or whatever else is convenient really. I’ll take just about any nickname or pronoun that’s thrown at me after all. I’ve been roleplaying on and off for a good decade or so, but it’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to pour my time and energy into something long-term and have it stay afloat. I’m also very new to RP Nation and have only heard the name in passing a few times before, but otherwise have jumped around on a few different rp forums in the past.

I’m looking in particular for a new rp group that’s interested in world-building and setting things up for a long-term story, or at least an ongoing series of smaller sessions and side-stories tied to the same world. Please feel free to post here or DM me with any questions, or even if you just want to introduce yourself to our OOC Discord.

I identify as non-binary and most, if not all, of my main OCs probably have some sort of LGBTQ+ identity attached to them. While there’s no guarantee that such identities will be focused on or even pop up much in the actual roleplay, I’m only interested in writing with people that are at least comfortable with this. I’m currently on AEST time living in Australia, but my available/waking hours tend to be odd and often unpredictable ones. Usually I can find time to sync up with other time zones if we want to chatter back and forth, but I’m also very used to slower, overnight replies and such for anyone who works at a less rapid-fire pace. I’ve just hit my 30s, so I’m hoping to find some fellow writers closer to that age specifically.

Relatedly, I’m assuming that people are going to be busy with careers, education, family, etc from time to time. My time is pretty free right now, but that can change and I imagine it’s the same for anyone else. At a base level I’d like to find a pace where we’re posting at least once a week or two with this in mind, ideally more, but that’s a very flexible suggestion and I can likely adapt to a shorter or longer waiting period.

Update for 28 September, 2024
Repurposing this into a recruitment thread for The Cosmic Alliance, as well as finally posting an introduction that hopefully gives anyone interested a little more context. Please feel free to post here or message me with any questions.

Last edited:
Hey there! At this stage I'm leaning towards OOC being on Discord as it's a format I'm more familiar with and I feel like it'll be easier to chatter and such, share media, etc. But I'm open to hosting something on RPN instead though if it's preferred. Do either of you have a preference?

As for Voyages, yes! I'd love to focus on this one in particular. I'm currently looking around in the hopes of gathering up a few people that are interested, so there's not too much to share or start discussing in the way of plotline and such just yet. But I do have an older 'master doc' of sorts I can polish up and post here in the meantime, if people are interested? No obligation to read any of it, especially if we're potentially changing large chunks of it, but it might at least help give a general vibe for the world and introduce a few species ideas or OCs I have planned, and such.

K yeah most people are into discord for OOC. Sooooo like Imma just lurk your thread to see if you do end up choosing discord k?

Oh welcome to RPN! BTW lol

I think Discord would be easier for communication purposes, but either method works for me.

I’d definitely be interested in reading some of the word you’ve come up with, it’s been a while since I’ve had a good read lol.

Sounds good! I guess I'll lock in using a Discord OOC for now as I'm much more comfortable with it, and then we can discuss whether we need to shuffle some things and such at a later date.

Still in the process of setting up said Discord and polishing up some of the old information I have, but I'll sent out a Discord invite to the both of you now :V

Anyone else reading this message please feel free to DM me or post here that you're interested and I'll be happy to send the invite link to you as well. Even if you just want to hang out and get a vibe for the roleplay, do a bit of world building, or just chatter to people with no pressure to actually join the writing side of things.

Update time: Repurposing this into a proper recruitment thread for The Cosmic Alliance, as well as finally updating the first post so that it hopefully gives anyone interested a little more context. Please feel free to post here or message me with any questions, or if you want the link to the discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back