Not sure if this has been asked before, but...

Yalborap

Jukashi, how do you draw Keychain? Do you do it all in Flash/Illustrator/some other vector app to scale everything up smoothly, or do you use something pixel based, like Photoshop? Are your characters more like sprites/paper dolls, where you re use the same basic poses/angles, or do you redraw things every time? And if you pose 'em, do you pose the whole body by simply warping the stick parts, or do you pose the fully drawn bits and manually throw in the lines when you're ready?

Thanks for any answers you can offer!

I think many people are curious about things like that. Maybe there should be a FAQ explaining?

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Arthur said:
I think many people are curious about things like that. Maybe there should be a FAQ explaining?
Or better yet, an illustrated illustration special, narrated by Misho and/or Mew Cai!
I see your request and I raise you a demand for five million USD, along with the FAQ.

Yalborap said:
Jukashi, how do you draw Keychain? Do you do it all in Flash/Illustrator/some other vector app to scale everything up smoothly, or do you use something pixel based, like Photoshop? Are your characters more like sprites/paper dolls, where you re use the same basic poses/angles, or do you redraw things every time? And if you pose 'em, do you pose the whole body by simply warping the stick parts, or do you pose the fully drawn bits and manually throw in the lines when you're ready?
Vector. The characters are "paper dolls", but there's a selection of parts - different torsos, hairstyles, clothes and suchlike- and I make new ones when needed. Arms are usually redrawn manually each time, though some poses (hands-on-hips, for example) are often reused. Backgrounds are generally drawn from scratch for each place and then re-used, with occasional new angles thrown in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back