• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Noble Souls (Soulsborne Inspired)

Neuro Vampire

(Inspired by Berserk of Gluttony, Soulsborne Franchise, Grancrest War)

“Kill a few hundred people, they make you a lord. Kill a few thousand, they make you king."

In this case that is true, the art of killing people and monsters allows the energy from their souls to be collected. This allows someone to increase their own power. Such humans are called Nobles and they vie for power amongst each other and against monsters. Currently, there are 7 human Emperors with Monster ruling over the rest of the Earth. It is believed the only way to bring humanity back to global dominance is for a Sovereign to emerge, unite humanity, and defeat the monsters.

The problem comes in the difference on how to achieve that. What path will you take to become a Sovereign or to ensure the person you follow becomes a Sovereign? Will you overthrow the current emperors? Will you journey into areas overrun with monsters to gain power from monster souls? Or will your soul fall victim to a monster or a noble?

About Souls

Quantity and quality matter with quality especially needed to advance from one level to the next. (Killing every normal human in the world would not get a Noble to become anything more than a warlord at best)

The levels of Souls being Errant, Gentry, Chivalry, Warlord, Bannerlord, Overlord, Royal, Imperial, and Sovereign. Souls that are below Errant are the souls of civilian beings. Humans and Monster are classified this way.

Souls contain more than energy, they also contain skills and abilities. Those skills can evolve overtime. Souls can also develop entirely new powers as they grow in power. There’s even possibility to take a skill from another strong high quality soul. Souls do have bandwidth so they do their best to manage the number of skills by fusion or dropping skills. The best way obtain a soul’s skill to avoid uncertainties would be to seal the soul into an object creating a Soul Armament.

Souls also allow various form of connections which can have demerits and bonuses. Negatives forms of soul connections such as Soul Restriction, subordination, binding, and such can make one unwillingly subservient to another while also limiting their potential. Positive forms of soul connections such as Soul Bonding, Soul Resonance, and Soul Synchronization can enhance souls and allow the sharing of skills.

Setting

Human Territory
  • Imperium: Greco Roman style Nation that spreads across Eastern Europe.
  • Commonwealth: Spreads across South Asia and Southeast Asia
  • Coalition: Tribal Nation across sub Saharan Africa
  • Midgard: Covers Scandinavia
  • United Dynasties: Covers East Asia
  • Highlands: Western European Nation
  • Oasia: Covers North Africa, Southwest Asia, and Central Asia
Monster Territory
  • Eurasian Incursion Zone: Basically Siberia and its overrun with Monsters
  • Oceania: Each island is ruled by a royal class monster at least
  • Americas: It is believed these are where the Imperial class monsters reside
  • Antarctica: It is believed that several Sovereign class Monsters reside here.

Interested (pending more information on the literacy and frequency requirements, plus the character templates)

Interested (pending more information on the literacy and frequency requirements, plus the character templates)
I am not too strict. I tend to not include restrictions. I expect one paragraph minimum one or twice a week posting, and I use a very generic standard character template.

Never did a soulsborne/dark fantasy-like RP before, this seems quite interesting! Count me in! I'll probably be able to post twice a week, maybe once if irl gets busy.

Never did a soulsborne/dark fantasy-like RP before, this seems quite interesting! Count me in! I'll probably be able to post twice a week, maybe once if irl gets busy.
Also, how many rpers do you intend to have in this rp?
There will be noticeable differences. What kind of story amongst our characters are we feeling?

We should hash each characters origins and intentions then we can figure out how they mesh together/meet up in the story then where the story goes.m

Edit:

For example, I plan on playing a Noble that used to serve one of the 7 Emperors but left as that Emperor chose to not pursue becoming a sovereign. Electing that he’ll become one himself or at least serve the one who does.

Last edited:
At what power level will our character's souls start out with, and is this going to be more of a 'party' type thing or a story with our characters potentially facing off against one another and having differing goals (or being completely disconnected from one another)?

At what power level will our character's souls start out with, and is this going to be more of a 'party' type thing or a story with our characters potentially facing off against one another and having differing goals (or being completely disconnected from one another)?
I was hoping for a party like thing and I was thinking we’d start off between Chivalry and Bannerlord so not too green but not too strong

In addition to our 'player' characters, will we be permitted to design a monster or two (likely further into the story), for the purpose of making a few upgrades through their soul armaments (such as say, hypothetically making a Royal harpy with always sharp claws (and a cool backstory) and upon it being defeated the cast makes its soul into a sheathe that makes the weapons put into it extremely sharp when pulled out)? Or would we only be able to design a monster that fits into our character's backstory (such as a basilisk that killed our character's village or something)?

In addition to our 'player' characters, will we be permitted to design a monster or two (likely further into the story), for the purpose of making a few upgrades through their soul armaments (such as say, hypothetically making a Royal harpy with always sharp claws (and a cool backstory) and upon it being defeated the cast makes its soul into a sheathe that makes the weapons put into it extremely sharp when pulled out)? Or would we only be able to design a monster that fits into our character's backstory (such as a basilisk that killed our character's village or something)?
Yeah I don’t want this to feel like one man dungeon master show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back