New type of RP [Idea]

Carl

Not A Llama...
I realized that almost, if not all, the RPs die way before the end is near. I'm kind of tired of that, don't get me wrong, I still enjoy those RPs.

But it made me think about what the cause of it is and how to overcome it.

Imo these are the main causes:

- Declining interest

- Newer and more exciting RPs

- Not enough planning ( Only knowing how the rp will start but no idea how it will progress or end. )

- The RP is simply without an end in sight.

- Etc.

( I'm taking myself as example here, these are the main causes that I find myself leaving RPs or having RPs that die prematurely. )

Solutions:

1) Keep the players interested and on their toes

- For that the creater(s) need to carefully plan the RP and to some degree control the flow/direction of it.

2) Plan ahead

- Plan the whole RP in your mind, from beginning 'till end. Doesn't matter if players sidetrack from the main storyline from time to time or not, just keep a general picture in your mind so that you know how to move on when needed.

3) Make " short story " Roleplays (with limited amount of people.)

- More on this soon since this option is the one I'm going to take myself.

~~~~

Short Story RP:

Imo those kind of RPs should be envision within one's mind and planned ahead before noting the information regarding the RP down.

Then the creater should see who is genuinely interested in playing one of the premade roles, if those roles are premade.

Short Story RPs would only last a few pages when it's 1 on 1 or approx. a dozen pages if more people are in it, although that completely depends on the sort of short story you have in mind.

Short Story RPs would keep a general storyline in check and the creater would keep certain twists and information to him/herself so that the player(s) keep their interest in it.

... I hope this all makes some sense.

What do you think about this kind of RPs? All input/questions/anything is appreciated. Cheers.

This is actually a really good thing to put out there. This is one of the reason I left my old RP site. Another idea you should put in there is making sure you have the space for it. Getting swamped with twenty different RP's may not affect some people, but it helps to know for others that you aren't rushed to write pages upon pages of posts every time you get on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back