Naval Combat!

Thenlar

My year-long Exalted campaign is drawing to its conclusion. The new game is going to be set in the West for a change of pace and scenery and theme. and.. well, everything, really, for everyone involved. None of us have played in the West before.

Naval combat is obviously going to come up at some point. We've done a pretty good amount of Mass Combat as written in the Core book and we have a pretty decent grasp on how that works. From what I can tell, naval combat is now something of an extension of the normal mass combat rules.

However, it looks like the modifications for naval combat are spread out over two books now. Scroll of Kings has the bulk of actual rules (but I don't own the book, one of my players does), and it makes several references to rules (given for First Age ships) in the Wonders of a Lost Age book.

Can someone give an explanation on how to run naval combat now, assuming that the normal mass combat rules are pretty well understood?

This is just from memory.

In WotLA is just rules for damaging and operation vehicles. Like you need magic to damage hulls made of one of the 5MM, if you 'drive' with ride or sail and how much modifier the vehicle gives to the roll...

As for the actual combat, that is in SoK, and is more or less one ship = one character - so to speak, with the exception that the ship can do more actions without need of a flurry. First when there are boarding action is it normal mass combat.

Users who are viewing this thread