Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

@White Masquerade

I'm fairly sure I would die in the military.

@Pequeno Burraidh

That doesn't sound like a criminally bad plot to me. The only thing it lacks is details. What's wrong with the world and what is the 'key' to fixing it? Why is the npc special?

Mystery rps are nice and fun, but I imagine they'd be hard to do...cause it's a lot of work for the gms. And players don't always see clues even though they're laid down. 

@clarinetti

Take your time.  

I can understand what you're going through. Shinsei's post is hard for me as well.

@Lucem Tenebris

Tetsuo's first question to Soyoka should be 'What was your answer for the 1st Stage?'

The second can be 'What are you doing here?'...but only if he's curious.

It's why I'm going to play with it for a bit, but it seems simpler and less expansive than the previous idea I'd had.

Well I felt SAO failed horribly when it went harem and strayed from emphasising his friendships and his relationship with Asuna.

My thought are more like, the earth wouldn't be entirely ruined, and there would still be pocket factions, but your characters would be amongst a group of children that had been set in machines that would say, flex their limbs and keep them healthy whilst they were under, but lived lives in the simulation. 

Then, as per Shelter, the simulation could be failing for it's own reasons, it's controlled by the mind of another who is in distress, perhaps someone who has a key to help fix the planet, and so they must be located. Their distress is why the system started to fail, which is a bit of an ode to .hack: Sign as well. Our characters would have to flip from the real world to the virtual one at times to try to track down and find this NPc to try to fix the world, or at least that would be the generalised idea of it.

I think SAO failed on a lot of levels, but there were some nicely animated scenes. If nothing else, the series could be visually appealing, aside from some very noticeable CG.

It's an interesting concept that I think could work well in a small, manageable group. Switching between the real world and the virtual reality seems appealing, since it offers different experiences.

Tetsuo's first question to Soyoka should be 'What was your answer for the 1st Stage?'

The second can be 'What are you doing here?'...but only if he's curious.

He wouldn't ask about the riddle, since he never cared for it. I already have his response planned out, but it's not much, considering his personality.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's why I'm going to play with it for a bit, but it seems simpler and less expansive than the previous idea I'd had.

Simple is best. 1 problem. 1 solution. If necessary, make a plot diagram. Then expect changes...because that's the nature of rps.

The idea is interesting. Reminds me of a story I read where the world was dying and people escaped reality through virtual reality, preferring to live in their own fantasy than in real life.

*sigh* I thought as much.

Don't mind me and have Tetsuo do what he would do~

It's easy to plan out responses for him, but it's difficult to write a detailed post with Tetsuo, since there's not much going on inside. He's mostly a simple person, so what someone sees is often what they get.

It's just a title that popped into my head quickly. At first I was planning on changing it, but what with the theme of the plot it might do well to remain instead.

I think titles like those are often the best to use. I usually go with the first title that comes to mind, or use one that has ten layers of hidden meanings and interpretations.

I think titles like those are often the best to use. I usually go with the first title that comes to mind, or use one that has ten layers of hidden meanings and interpretations.

Well and what with my current rough plot, it could either meant that the whole project is a shadow left for the children by their parents, or that the world they were gifted is a shadow of the 'hosts' heart, or even that the prospect of a future world is to be found in the shadows left behind by the characters' hearts.

It think I like the current rudimentary plot at the moment too, cos it's fairly straight forward and simple, which would make piecing together other details a fair bit simpler.

I put my sweat, and hurt into this post. I'm surprise no one asked who maki was, but today's that day.

I'm dropping out if white doesn't approve of this ;(

It's easy to plan out responses for him, but it's difficult to write a detailed post with Tetsuo, since there's not much going on inside. He's mostly a simple person, so what someone sees is often what they get.

Simple people are charming in their own way. 

I wouldn't worry about writing inner thoughts. I do because I'm a very POV focused writer and tend to write my character's train of thought whenever they make a decision, or when another character's actions/appearance makes an impression on them. If there are no inner thoughts, then there's none. No point in forcing it.

Nao would ask Soyoka her answer to the chuunin exam question because he's curious, he believes her to be smart, and no one else got the question right so it's somewhat interesting topic to start a friendly conversation about. Not just because I want to know the answer.    

I put my sweat, and hurt into this post. I'm surprise no one asked who maki was, but today's that day.

I'm dropping out if white doesn't approve of this ;(

I haven't read the post yet, but if you put your sweat and heart into it, I can't imagine why White wouldn't accept it...unless you broke some sort of rule. Or made the rp unnecessarily chaotic.

@Hange Zoe

I see. So Sengun is related to Raina...

42656-My-Gif-Gif-Anime-Gif-Set-H-Anime-Gif-Hyouka-Oreki-Houtarou-Houtarou-....gif

That's...interesting...

Well technically maki is, since sengun and maki are like two different people but, both connected because of that whole fiasco way back when. 

Sort of complicated, but you'll get interested in maki. @QuirkyAngel

Good, I know what posts to do next; I think this will be fine for at least starting the 3rd round

@Hange Zoe

.... Goddamnit: none of my characters are having a good day. Yoshi's already getting threatened by a crazy (perhaps obsessed) Kiri-swordsman, and now this? Sengun or Maki or whoever just pulled that stunt is dead to me -_-

I got other things to work on right now, but you've been warned, Hange: the gloves are off.

@QuirkyAngel + Anyone with an absentee teammate

If Nao and Jun still need a third member, there's a pissed off Iwa-nin who may well be interested in finding a new squad.

@Lucem Tenebris

*salute* It is quite the fantasy! When I'm done with Yoshinori, I'll go to Kouta and pinch his little cheeks =). Give him lots of hugs and play some catch in the living room with him!

No prob with Soyoka. It worked out anyway.

@Pequeno Burraidh

Could be good. Though I wouldn't know how to judge a good apocalyptic setting =/

@GasMaskie

Ofc. Thy have amazing chemistry together. I've seen videos of gamplay and the middle part look absolutely amazing. They somehow weave the story into the action. It was impressive.

The ultimate Gil

@QuirkyAngel

There are non combat positions. Junior Strategist would be fine. Why do you want to know the Exam answer for o.O? Your character got it wrong so deal with it ~

fFRrJ0M.gif

@Hange Zoe

What's that news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back