Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

I was about to say it was a bit mean to your characters to have one throw the other around but then I remembered I did that already.

DED GAME. DED GENERAL.

6a9.jpg

You need to get your eyes checked. Don't you see see the Gundams flying around and beating up Hollows in the picture? It's clearly Sailor Moon.

Oh right I didn't see the demon teen covered in blue fire with that time travelling banana!

LMAO. You are not lying. I had to mentally step back and question if I was still watching Naruto.

I still liked the taijutsu scenes. Aside from a few of the cutaway shots, they were animated well. I prefer the fight between Obito and Kakashi, since there wasn't anything crazy involved. 

I still liked the taijutsu scenes. Aside from a few of the cutaway shots, they were animated well. I prefer the fight between Obito and Kakashi, since there wasn't anything crazy involved. 

Definitely. There's a certain power and allure to just being bare and straightforward. Low-key, get to the point, and nothing extra or fancy. I'll be honest in saying I felt no connection to Obito or his story at all, but his battle with Kakashi was well done. I felt the story of both Naruto vs Sasuke (kind of) and their battle looked cool, but ehh...sometimes you get tired of the over-top and just want simple things you know what I mean? Don't get me wrong I still love my bombastic characters with flashy skills, but in Naruto it went way, way too far =(. Going through the lore, it was trying to keep all his forms straight. 9-Tails Chakra mode. Tailed Beast Mode. Dense cloak mode. Translucent Cloak mode. Sage mode. Kyuubi Sage mode or something >_>. Six Paths Sage mode. Six paths Sage mode with Yin-Yang chakra Kyuubi mode.  9_9

I don't know the first thing about a Mangaka's job, but I always wonder why they either go off track or let producers mess with their work.

@White Masquerade

No worries about the tagging and such- it happens to everyone ^.^ I have indeed seen the Lao post. Happy to see he's alive and present. Maybe it's just me, but the little interaction between them where he's touching Makoto's back was a little, intimate? :S  It's surely just me, right?

Also, if I may touch on the point made between you and Lucem, I think part of it is that they tried to work Obito's backstory such that it parallel's Naruto's childhood. I get what they were going for, but it was just so on the nose and the way they portray Kakashi and Obito's relationship (In comparison to Naruto/Sasuke), plus the way Madara manipulates Obito and uses Rin's death to forge him into a tool. It personally seems a bit cheap and lazy for the final bosses history and motivations. I kind of wish they just ended things with Might Guy dying to take down Madara forever- no oversized world-destroying tree, no insane reincarnates vs. goddess showdown: the shinobi who saved the world was an everyday dude who had a dream and worked his butt off to get there (As everyday as a shinobi can be at least), rather than some super-powered punks ordained by destiny.

Finally, would you rather I wait on Dai-Dai's response before tossing Yoshinori into the mix of Kou-Tsu-Yo vs. The Crazy Kiri-nin?

My sentiments exactly.

@QuirkyAngel

You're likely right in that I'm being overdramatic. It's just that everyone puts time and energy into writing and reading these posts, I want to make sure I match that same level of quality/ effort.

@Pequeno Burraidh

He's a big shark-dude wandering the woods at night stalking a bunch of genins (Well one specific individual, but you get the point): Timuga is going to be catching at least a few people's attention. It's a wonder Tsukiko hasn't intervened yet, or that no one from the opening ceremonies' area noticed him along with Masima.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pequeno Burraidh

He's a big shark-dude wandering the woods at night stalking a bunch of genins (Well one specific individual, but you get the point): Timuga is going to be catching at least a few people's attention. It's a wonder Tsukiko hasn't intervened yet, or that no one from the opening ceremonies' area noticed him along with Masima.

Timuga may not hide his presence, but he hasn't done too much to overtly draw any attention either. I don't think, unless they were really trying, that the kages noticed Timuga due to Rei's confrontation with Masima.

Timuga may not hide his presence, but he hasn't done too much to overtly draw any attention either. I don't think, unless they were really trying, that the kages noticed Timuga due to Rei's confrontation with Masima.

Hmm, that's fair enough, though it's also fortunate that Rei was keeping an eye on Rokoriko.With that encounter plus the business going down with Rudy, I suspect the Kage/ leaders are going to be more attentive going forward, so Timuga may need to be even more cautious going forward. Then again, he might well complete his mission by the time the second stage of exam is over, so that would be moot point.

Hmm, that's fair enough, though it's also fortunate that Rei was keeping an eye on Rokoriko.With that encounter plus the business going down with Rudy, I suspect the Kage/ leaders are going to be more attentive going forward, so Timuga may need to be even more cautious going forward. Then again, he might well complete his mission by the time the second stage of exam is over, so that would be moot point.

Pfft, nobody even knows what his mission is. He could be bringing flowers to Rokoriko. Aggressive courier services xD

@White Masquerade I would like you to realize the issue with the snake climbing up Mio's leg... Mio's pretty much wearing a dress, thus it's kind of hard to climb up the leg without being underneath her clothing or dealing with clothing being parted around the snake, making both them uncomfortable. Want to change that? I personally think climbing up to Mio's arm via the staff would be a bit better to do in this case, since there's a bit more open air for the snake and less clothing to make either of them uncomfortable. If you keep it as-is though, I suppose I could do an easy fix of adding in a more appropriate to the ninja world combat attire to her wardrobe, although it would be odd to say the least, for royalty of the Sakurai Clan who would thus need nothing more than her current style of clothing plus her staff for channeling spiritual energy. (Though I suppose an addition to the wardrobe may actually make sense, given she's crossed into a completely different world thus would need clothing more fit to both the new landscapes and the fact she's not inside a castle channeling spiritual energy all day like a good princess of the Sakurai Clan.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back