• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Nᴇᴄʀᴏsɪs | Early 2000s, zombie apocalypse

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
audioscape

1721275990670.png

April 13th, 2003

Baghdad falls to the Americans. Then, it falls to the undead.

The situation at home is hardly better.

The President is violently attacked by one of his staffers at the Capitol, and later succumbs to his injuries at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

A great panic has spread across the world as the plague of undeath wreaks havoc, with millions perishing. In the United States, official government sources claiming that the nature of the rapidly-spreading homicide epidemic is gang, drug, and mass hysteria-related are increasingly being contradicted.

It's an agitation virus, or something. Some say that the dead are coming back to life, and they eat the flesh of the living.

Either way... you know that your old life - and perhaps your life in general - is over, and that the world is never going to be the same. Welcome to the apocalypse.

1721329603697.png
1721279243276.png

Welcome! I'm wanting to do a summer RP.

One of my favourite genres is, of course, zombies. I'm especially a fan of Romero stuff, the Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z (the book), and games like Project Zomboid. Tentative zombie lore is located here, although ICly the document is about 20 years after the initial outbreak.

I also have a map set in Virginia that takes place about 3-5 years after the outbreak, when the first safe-zones are fully established - this RP will likely take place in Virginia as well. The default idea is that the RP takes place in the very beginning of the chaos, but it can potentially take place later (possibly in a military safe-zone) as well. I'm wondering about a scenario that would put the players in relatively close proximity, so they can readily interact. I prefer grounded/realistic characters over tropey/zany ones.

I will be the GM/general NPCs. I'm not a fan of heavy plot armour, so be prepared to sometimes leave your survival up to chance. It only gets harder if your character makes bad decisions, but that isn't to say they shouldn't be played realistically - we all make mistakes! Still, this is an RP where you might get eaten. Or shot. Or hit by a car... just do your best! Nobody lives forever.

Last edited:

Timeline:

April 8 - Outbreak begins to spread in the Middle East, Africa, Asia.
April 9 - Real life fall of Baghdad, doesn't happen on this day.
April 10 - Outbreaks in Europe.
April 11 - Outbreaks in South, North America.
April 12 - President attacked.
April 13 - Baghdad finally falls to the U.S. military after a four day delay, then gets overrun by zombies. President succumbs to his injuries. Martial law declared. RP starts.

Character sheets are up.

He started shaking, throwing up. Didn't know his name, or his age.

Ambulance came and picked him up. He was pretty much passed out by then.

They watched him through the night. I came around the next morning.

He was laying on the bed, tubes hanging out his arms and a rag upon his head. All the blinds were closed, and the lights turned off.

I tried to remember what he looked like standing up, and I couldn't. Seemed like he'd always been this invalid, laying in a bed... Everything that came before was gone. No going back.

I stood for a few minutes, staring down at his sunken face.

Yeah... then I shook his hand. I think it hurt him.

The nurse told me I'd better leave.

1722225085623.png

interested. if any1 wants a sister or some sort of female character attached to their lore in some way i'd also be interested in that~
may put down an fc at some point tonight.

peeks in here if still accepting new peeps, i know i read that ex-military is frowned upon since this is your average day folks, butttt would ex-mafia be included in that ?? i figured as much since that would put them at a semi-higher advantage w/ weapon knowledge, but figured i'd double-check ^^
Is there much mafia in DC Baltimore area. ;o I suppose they could have moved there afterwards. Sure!

I'm also interested if you're still open! I have a dissertation due soon, though, so I won't be super active for the next week or so. Could I introduce my character a little later? c:

I'm also interested if you're still open! I have a dissertation due soon, though, so I won't be super active for the next week or so. Could I introduce my character a little later? c:
Absolutely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back