Other Mini rant

Apostle

Im all partied out
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just recently got blown up on by another player because I said I wasn't into a particular kink / fetish. I didn't humiliate, shame , none of that. I simply said I rather not being it's not my preference and therefore not comfortable with it. Dude knee jerks reacted , ranted , called me a rip off and unfriended me on Discord. No attempt at discussion or compromise. Just poof.. gone. Why do people flip out the moment you don't conform to their interests?

It’s happened to me on another site, not about the same subject, but i asked any other future RPs partners to keep their identities politics out of this hobby.

The moderator openly lied by pretending that for me, they "don’t exist", when they do exist, hovewer, it doesn’t make sense to me to use the pronouns of any fictional characters in a fictional setting, be it taking place in the middle-ages or even the modern day.

Apparently, i wasn’t a "fit" and i feel like said-moderator took the decision alone, if it was a "we" i would see another moderator in my messages, which never happened.

As someone who was bullied by my former community, being forced to accept what i simply cannot, i do not wish them any bad things, i just feel uncomfortable and it should be respected.

I noticed that plenty are only into kinks and romance, and i refuse to do NSFW RPs with strangers, it’s an open door to be abused once more.

As for romance, it must have chemistry and logic.

100% it's maddening and mind boggling with the mental gymnastics some people do to justify their displeasure and simple disrespect to your own preferences and comforts. I agree that many are into kinks/ fetishes etc. In fact it seems to be a growing trend. Why? I'm not sure. However, those that are into such genres and content need to still respect and accept those that are not into that sort of thing. As they would want others to respect their preferences. However in my perception many of them want other to defer to their preferences, not respect.

I mean, it’s nearly-impossible to find any partners that aren’t disgusting..

Neither of you are wrong at all and I'm sorry both of you have had some terrible experiences with this. RP should not be stressful for anyone. It is hard to find a good partner that meshes well with you and it can take years to find the best fit one. I hope you both find a good partner that you can also be friends with OOC and is respectful of a persons boundaries.

While NSFW is not allowed on this site, I do encourage people to be extra careful if something is a 'fetish' as that is the more concerning thing. A kink and a fetish are very different things, I won't put that in here so feel free to google.

Generally there is two reasons people react like that. Embarrassment and Control. Embarrassed because someone outed them on their fetish and two the complete dominating control which comes with "any" fetish. No is the ego's least favorite word add embarrassment to that and well there you have it.

The very first person to introduce me to role play was very- very-very mentally unhinged.... When I first started role playing with them I normalized the very twisted side to them. They got me into these strange themes. I went along with them. Was bullied and manipulated. It happens in the role play world. I highly advise like Sagey to really avoid kinks in general when it comes to role playing. Not to mention, it's not allowed on this site, but I mean I'm certain your talking off site. For me it took a very very long time to realized I was manipulated into role playing so really dark things and actually needed a long time to digest what had happened. I needed to pretty much re-learn what's appropriate and what is not. No judgement with whatever you do in life but I've literally had to get therapy over it. I just hope your being safe. Good luck with everything. Don't give them another two seconds. Their likely just a very dark and embarrassed individual. No one should fly off the handle at any time when discussing a role play. It's a two way street and if one person says no. That's it. That's all. That's final.

I avoided everything related to kinks and dodged so many bullets, endless drama included.

I avoided everything related to kinks and dodged so many bullets, endless drama included.
It's pretty much the same for me. I also always keep my rp's where there is a terms of service to be my safety net xD

It's pretty much the same for me. I also always keep my rp's where there is a terms of service to be my safety net xD
I got someone who tried to demonize me, then, i threw her back to the reality quickly, most of the kinks online can be illegal, and when you use a site that isn’t entirely 18+, meaning that minors are using it, it can be a real problem, to the point that the authorities will be involved.

Fictional characters =/= All kinks are legal.

That calmed her down quickly.

I mean, it’s nearly-impossible to find any partners that aren’t disgusting..
Yea. It's hard to find partners tbh. I'm happy to have the few good ones I do.

This being said, far too many people take others not sharing their interests as a personal attack. It honestly gets tiring. There's even been times where I've been perceived as a transphobe and homophobe because I have a personal preference for writing cis characters, and when romance is involved, in MxF pairings. I have nothing against those communities. I'm just not usually into writing those characters, particularly trans characters as I know I cannot do them justice. I don't even have enough experience with the trans community to even portray trans characters fairly and without stereotyping. I'm not trans myself so it's a difficult mindset for me to get into for a character. I've tried in the past as I wanted to expand my horizons and it did not go well at all.

Yea. It's hard to find partners tbh. I'm happy to have the few good ones I do.

This being said, far too many people take others not sharing their interests as a personal attack. It honestly gets tiring. There's even been times where I've been perceived as a transphobe and homophobe because I have a personal preference for writing cis characters in MxF pairings when romance is involved. I have nothing against those communities. I'm just not usually into writing those characters, particularly trans characters as I know I cannot do them justice. I don't even have enough experience with the trans community to even portray trans characters fairly and without stereotyping. I'm not trans myself so it's a difficult mindset for me to get into for a character. I've tried in the past as I wanted to expand my horizons and it did not go well at all.
It went pretty terrible for me, in the majority of the verses i’m into, politics never take a huge place whithin the plots, it’s more action, comedy and fantasy that are the main focus, the genres.

I’m really not into the mood to set myself in the Tumblr-drama, meaning that i should respect something right off the bat, destroying my own boundaries, wellbeing.. And it’s a red-flag to me.

I cannot respect something without that being earned.

Just a little note: the term "cis" was originally coined by a predator.

Ironically, the only homophobia i experienced were from my "kind", not the rest, i feel less motivated to even RP with them’ because i know how much of a chore it will become.

It went pretty terrible for me, in the majority of the verses i’m into, politics never take a huge place whithin the plots, it’s more action, comedy and fantasy that are the main focus, the genres.

I’m really not into the mood to set myself in the Tumblr-drama, meaning that i should respect something right off the bat, destroying my own boundaries, wellbeing.. And it’s a red-flag to me.

I cannot respect something without that being earned.

Just a little note: the term "cis" was originally coine by a predator.

Ironically, the only homophobia i experienced were from my "kind", not the rest, i feel less motivated to even RP with them’ because i know how much of a chore it will become.
I do a lot of historical RP and inevitably politics of the respective time periods will make their way into those but in, say, a fantasy universe, for example, it doesn't make a lot of sense to implement modern real world 21st century identity politics. If people really want those issues to crop up in their RP's then there's plenty of modern settings for that.

I do a lot of historical RP and inevitably politics of the respective time periods will make their way into those but in, say, a fantasy universe, for example, it doesn't make a lot of sense to implement modern real world 21st century identity politics. If people really want those issues to crop up in their RP's then there's plenty of modern settings for that.
That reminds me of High Guardian Spice, it is set in the middle-ages but got a tons of modern stuffs, and the politics i mentioned above.

Nothing fit, nothing was well written, and it’s full of stereotypes, such as the male character being "awful", while the female character was worse.

And the designs felt too modern to work properly.

I didn’t watched this trash entirely, it’s not tempting.

I’m not sure how someone can set something in the middle-ages and fail terribly at it, even Peyo himself didn’t, and his franchises were much better with the magic, humour and battles.

That reminds me of High Guardian Spice, it is set in the middle-ages but got a tons of modern stuffs, and the politics i mentioned above.

Nothing fit, nothing was well written, and it’s full of stereotypes, such as the male character being "awful", while the female character was worse.

And the designs felt too modern to work properly.

I didn’t watched this trash entirely, it’s not tempting.

I’m not sure how someone can set something in the middle-ages and fail terribly at it, even Peyo himself didn’t, and his franchises were much better with the magic, humour and battles.
This is often the case. Take Disney, for example. Their attempts at representation were often better when they were not going out of their way to do it. You have classics like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Lilo and Stitch, etc. that all feature prominent non-white characters and are far superior to, say, the modern live action The Little Mermaid. Back in the 90's representation in Disney movies was usually just a passing thought, something they didn't go out of their way to do, and often it was done better than many of their modern releases. Yes, there's some problematic representations as well (don't even get me started on the Orientalism and stereotyping in Aladdin), but overall the quality of the movies was just better.

This is often the case. Take Disney, for example. Their attempts at representation were often better when they were not going out of their way to do it. You have classics like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Lilo and Stitch, etc. that all feature prominent non-white characters and are far superior to, say, the modern live action The Little Mermaid. Back in the 90's representation in Disney movies was usually just a passing thought, something they didn't go out of their way to do, and often it was done better than many of their modern releases. Yes, there's some problematic representations as well (don't even get me started on the Orientalism and stereotyping in Aladdin), but overall the quality of the movies was just better.
They really cared about their series and movies, unlike today.

It’s just so bad, so poor..

They really cared about their series and movies, unlike today.

It’s just so bad, so poor..
Yea. I've pretty much lost interest in Disney at this point. They're trying too hard to keep up with whatever the latest identity politics issue is and their movies and shows are suffering for it. They should just let the representation be organic like it was before instead of trying to shoehorn it in.

Yea. I've pretty much lost interest in Disney at this point. They're trying too hard to keep up with whatever the latest identity politics issue is and their movies and shows are suffering for it. They should just let the representation be organic like it was before instead of trying to shoehorn it in.
I entirely agree with you here.

i really can’t stand Disney, i think you got a lesbian actress who refused their proposal to play as a gay character.

She surely have dodged a bullet, especially from them.

That reminds me of High Guardian Spice, it is set in the middle-ages but got a tons of modern stuffs, and the politics i mentioned above
I can't say I'm overly familiar with High Guardian Spice but even a cursory glance at the wiki informs me that it's set in a fantasy word. So why can't it have modern stuff?

I can't say I'm overly familiar with High Guardian Spice but even a cursory glance at the wiki informs me that it's set in a fantasy word. So why can't it have modern stuff?
Because it’s supposedly set in the old ages, not the modern one.

Besides, the wiki isn’t entirely informative on the matter.

The "cartoon" is indecise and mix the two periods together, and of course with the poor morals.. It’s worse.

But it's not. It's a fantasy setting.

I mean, there's dwarves and magic. Why can't they add modern things too?
Would you mix the politics in that setting? I wouldn’t.

Their "magic" seems to be restricted, which is surprising, to say the least.

The modern stuffs doesn’t blend well, it’s full of that "morality" that isn’t really a good one, the dialogues felt predictable.

The show was planned back in 2013, but when the first episode was released, the script wasn’t even finished..

Would you mix the politics in that setting? I wouldn’t.
That's not the point I'm making. You're saying that the show shouldn't have added "modern stuff" because it set in the old ages and I'm pointing out that this argument doesn't work because the show is set in a fantasy word.

And because the show is set in a fantasy world, the authors aren't bound by how the real old ages looked. So they can add as much "modern stuff" as they want.

The quality of the writing or whether I agree with the politics of the show or whatever doesn't matter, your argument still doesn't work.

That's not the point I'm making. You're saying that the show shouldn't have added "modern stuff" because it set in the old ages and I'm pointing out that this argument doesn't work because the show is set in a fantasy word.

And because the show is set in a fantasy world, the authors aren't bound by how the real old ages looked. So they can add as much "modern stuff" as they want.

The quality of the writing or whether I agree with the politics of the show or whatever doesn't matter, your argument still doesn't work.
I refuse to flood this thread, so let’s leave it at that.

I’m not in the mood, it’s another reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back