Story Mile High Club

Aperire Animo

Solipsist
Fight of The Sleep

The 3 boys sat quietly together high on whatever was set pumping through their bodies.

Jordan, on the far couch sat comfortably on his own carefully relaxing his eyes. Every so often his head would twitch, or one of the 2 had something to say. The lids of his eyes would snap open, his mind would turn on and fixated heavily on staying awake.

In the midst of his ever-present struggle, Jordan would look at his friend and scream for help with his eyes. “HELP ME!” he would cry, “HELP ME FIGHT OFF THESE DEMONS THAT PLAGUE MY WOKEN STATE!!!”

While his body, so paralysed with this heavenly toxin, lay warm and comfortable against the armchair cushion. Jordan’s head and face stayed tilted on his shoulder, his skin and complexion, pale, on the verge of malnourishment.

The shadows within the corners of the room began to move and take shapes. Shapes not like the furniture in the room but like devils, small, ugly, wicked things. No colour or shade but the darkest black, carefully inching their way toward Jordan, while he sat quietly fearing for his consciousness. His soul sprang forward from his body gritting its teeth and clenching its fists. One by one the black demons charged forward and attacked the soul but one by one each demon was defeated.

The army of shaded sleep demons grew larger and stronger. One demon became strong enough to strain forward and push the soul back. Jordan’s eyes became heavier while the soul boosted its strength and fought back to win.

Two demons became smart enough to strategise a plan. One ran on and bombarded the soul with vicious attacks before tiring himself and the courageous soul. When the soul paused to catch its breath, the second demon came forward and pushed the soul so far back that it stumbled and fell.

Jordan’s eyes closed over completely as he started instantly drifting off into the golden realm of dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back