Other Metacognitive Foundation Concept

Haeo

This is less an idea for a specific roleplay and more a concept for a background foundation that could be used with multiple dissimilar settings.

The core concept is that it should be possible to have a unifying reality that allows characters to be easily ported between roleplays without their personality and memories being altered.

Here's the background plot that I have put together, in summary.

FTL communication is in use. Full Dive Virtual Reality is commonly available. The hardware is expensive, however, since it involves a full body suit as well as headgear. That's right, no playing in your undies. Video game testers are expensive to hire and more expensive to equip.

A full dive VR game company illegally stores comprehensive and detailed data from its current customers and converts that data into "Mind Clones" (MCs). These MCs are extremely similar to their source player in most respects but have no physical body or legal rights. They are inserted into various games that are under development or in testing in place of hired testers who are expensive and hard to find in the quantities and quality levels necessary for thorough testing.

MCs are divided into two general classifications that are used for two different styles of testing. Serial MCs (MCSs) have a backup copy but move intact from one game world to another, testing them in series while accumulating memories and knowledge. These test the playability of games relative to veteran gamers with existing skills and preferences. Parallel MCs (MCPs) have a master copy that remains archived. From this archived original numerous copies are made that are used to test the "first contact" qualities and playability of games. These copies are generally deleted after testing is complete. However, occasionally, one copy may experience something significant enough in a game to warrant changing their classification to MCS. At that point, a backup copy is made of that copy and it begins its time as an MCS.

=============================================

Any thoughts or impressions are welcome as well as any interested offers or other comments. While comments and reviews are welcome here, I would prefer it if questions or other remarks that are likely to become conversations could be directed to me via either PM or Discord, though I am a total novice in Discord at this point.

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

If this has expired by the time you attempt to contact me, please PM me and I will reply with an up-to-date link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back