Lunar Tattoo-Reconfiguration Technique

Dragonmystic

It aggravates me that Lunars can't be shaped by things they might want to be shaped by, like the spell "Unity of the Closed Fist" or shaping effects that increase attributes, so, custom charm ahoy!

Tattoo-Reconfiguration Technique

Cost: 5m 1wp, (1lhl target)

Mins: Intelligence 4, Essence 3

Type: Simple (dramatic action)

Keywords: Shaping—(special rules apply)

Duration: Instant

Prerequisite Charms: Form-Fixing Method

Sometimes being immune to all shaping isn’t beneficial to the Stewards. After all, Luna was made from the Wyld, and rebels against absolutes.

The character designates a certain set of charms, combos, sorcery, (or equivalent) he knows much about when reconfiguring the tattoos. The Steward receiving the tattoo is now susceptible to the above stated, whether or not it has the keyword “Shaping.†The original source of the effect does not matter.

However, this does not come without a price. The receiving Steward takes 1 lhl of damage, since some of his tattooed skin must be flayed off and reworked.

This Technique can be used to undo a previous reconfiguration.

I dislike it immediately because it's just a work-around of a mechanic you don't like, and that aggravates me. However, beyond my immediate reaction I'd have to ask what you mean, in exact terms, by "set".

I also argue against it, but for more of a fluff-based reason.

Simply put, the Wyld does everything eventually. So the only way to stop Wyld mutation is to make everything not work on you, whether you want it to or not. It even fits their 'impossibility of Luna' theme. The consummate shapeshifters forcibly bind themselves from being changed to make them immune to it. I think the better move would be to learn how to remove the tattoos completely once imbued into the person to give them back their full potential, or to not get them at all. Plenty of Casteless Lunars would support either of those options.

Something like this has a place in a game where fixing the Lunar Exaltations is a theme. It resembles a first step towards refining the tattoos. Other than that...not really that appropriate, no.

From a rules perspective, I'd suggest a charm of indefinite duration used by the Lunar who is making her tattoos more flexible, rather than a permanent and reversible change. That way the Lunar in question pays both XP and committed motes for his new capacity.

I was looking for the same option for my research and this is a great help me in the scenario of brining the real passion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back