Lunar River Dragon

Gylthinel

Hi.

I designed a Lunar with a River Dragon spirit shape. I am confused by the River Dragon's stat block. Does it have armor, or is it just getting 1/2 stamina to its soak? Does it get no bonus to its attack/damage for its claws?

This question applies to most of the animals. It seems like a creature with a thick hide like a Tyrant Lizard should get a bonus to soak. A creature with huge razor-sharp teeth should get a weapon bonus to attack, like the Saika.

Thoughts?

True, some do. But some don't. And I think that those some that don't should. I guess I'm a bit disaffected because there is such a small amount of detail on such creatures. They could be rich/fullfilling opponents of the exalted, but since they're so riddled with Type-Os, it's a bit off-putting. They need an Exalted Monster Manual.

Hai, hai. Furnace Rhino... *mutter, mutter* I suppose if you think that raising a farm of magical materials should be a viable option...

I've always kind of suspected that Furnace Rhinos existed only for some kind of cheesy scheme to get loads of free magical materials out of Spawning of Monsters or something.

I myself am currently playing a Lunar in a campaign whose spirit shape is a "sea dragon" - just the Western version of a River Dragon, same stats. It's pretty ridiculous, honestly. Keep in mind that your river dragon shape's attributes are considered natural (since it's a spirit shape), so you can apply your Strength excellency to your natural 14 strength . . .

Basically it's the best idea ever, and you should do it.

wordman said:
Gylthinel said:
They need an Exalted Monster Manual.
Be careful what you wish for.
at least it was a fun read. Still, I agree that it would be nice to have a second edition book of beasts, preferably divided up between natural ones and unnatural ones. It would be nice to have some more options for looters to pick from that don't necessarily exist in our own world.like the stryx or simhata.

Hai' date=' hai. Furnace Rhino... *mutter, mutter* I suppose if you think that raising a farm of magical materials should be a viable option...[/quote']
i strongly suspect that is exactly what the twilight cast thought. then they found the star-metal pooping worms where being stolen so they made one with built in security features.

Edward

Users who are viewing this thread

Back