• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings π’π’π’—𝒆 π’Žπ’† π’„π’‚π’π’„π’†π’“π’π’–π’”π’π’š | fxf, 18+

heartstringss

γ€Šγ€Šγ€Š πŸ”» 》》》
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

b6ad74764884d4332fb81fe5c430e78e.gif

--updated 5/10: closed--

hey everybody, how's it going? i'm a little bored myself, as you can probably tell by my creation of this thread... welp. i head back to work next week. ;_; a bit of a bummer really, but what can you do. i've really been enjoying getting back into writing here lately though, so i'd like to keep exploring my options as much as possible. maybe that'll make it more bearable, having something to keep me distracted during all the drama. hopefully. i guess we'll see.

first off, i suppose i should introduce myself. hi, my name is ely. i'm queer and i live in the midwest USA. i have a wife, two dogs and one cat, and we just recently bought our first house. i like animals, reading, writing, listening to music, watching movies... you know, the usual. kind of boring, i know, but thus is the life of an aging millennial. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

anyway, moving on...

okay! let's start with a few rules, shall we?

1. alright, so. as much as i hate to say it, i think it's really important for me to start off that i have no interest in writing with anyone under the age of 18. it's nothing against young writers, i can certainly assure you that so please don't get the wrong idea. actually, even if you might be right on the cusp of 18 or 19, that's totally fine, go ahead and reach out if you're interested! it's just that i myself am 26 years old, so for comfort reasons, i would most prefer someone closer to my own age, no minors please.
  2. second-most important rule: i am not super ghost friendly. i promise i won't get mad if you do lose interest, i know muses fluctuate and life happens all the time, it's just that.. well, having someone drop off contact without any warning makes me really anxious. all i ask is that you please, please, if we start writing together and then something happens and for some reason you have let the RP go, just give me a bit of a heads-up first. in the long run, i'll do the same for you.
  3. this next rule isn't really much of a rule but since it goes along with my last point we're gonna mention it anyway: just so you know, OOC conversation is a must for me! i really like making friends with my partners, i guess it just goes hand-in-hand with RPing for me? i like building playlists, swapping ideas, sharing stupid little memes that make us think of our characters... but i also like getting to know the people i'm writing with. if you're not much for OOC chatter, honestly we're probably not gonna work out too well because i talk a lot. besides that, i am just as much in this to make friends as i am to write!

wellllll, i think that about sums up my most important rules. moving on to what i'm looking for in a partner--

to make this list a bit simpler, here are my specifics:

1. i'm only interested in fxf pairings. romance is pretty important to me, but that being said i also really enjoy for development to happen as naturally as possible. slow-burn is probably about the fastest way to my heart, you know? (i'm also totally fine with nonbinary and trans characters, as long as they are played respectfully.)
  2. follow all RPN rules. actually, this one kind of goes without saying, doesn't it?
  3. i don't really give a shit about word/character limits, but i'd prefer a minimum of no less than 2-4 paragraphs if possible; otherwise, i'm not going to know how to reply to you. my own replies usually average 6-8+ paragraphs and are often more but rarely less, though it depends on inspiration. you don't have to mirror post length, just make sure you're giving me enough to work with.
  4. things i have absolutely no interest in writing: rape, sexual assault, suicide & suicide attempts, bestiality, furries, incest, huge age difference (10+ years unless supernatural conditions apply), and underage characters (cut off is 18). characters having a history with rape, sexual assault and suicide attempts or suicidal ideation are fine but no scenes will be played out & must be respectful and conscientious at all times.
  5. where i am right now during this pandemic, i have a lot of free time. i'm sure that'll change when i head back to work next week, but i expect myself to still be able to reply daily regardless, probably at least every other day i'm sure? for the sake of pacing and story development, i would most prefer to hear from you daily/multiple times a week as well; however, if you can only reply once a day or once every 2-3 days, that's totally fine. i understand real life happens and not everybody's schedule is as free as mine, but let's make sure we keep an open line of communication, please!
  6. character sheets are a must with only the usage of realistic face claims. if you don't use face claims, that's fine, just make sure you provide enough detail about the character's appearance so i know what they look like without one. i mostly just don't want to see any goddamn anime fc's. :^)
● ● ●

themes that i enjoy incorporating:
(** means i would be interested in exploring the idea)

lots of fluff & hurt/angst!!! β—† slow-burn romances!! β—† psychological horror β—† survival-based plots β—† red string of fate β—† opposites attract!! β—† mutants or gifted on the run (i have a plot/character for this!) β—† star-crossed lovers & 'forbidden' romances β—† reincarnated soulmates β—† *alternate realities & multi-dimensional planes?* β—† *time travel?* β—† pretty much any kind of soulmate plot lmfao β—† friends-to-lovers β—† *enemies-to-friends-to-lovers* β—† *7 deadly sins?* β—† *reluctant / unrequited love* β—† rekindling old flames β—† living with disability (respectfully) β—† living with mental illness (respectfully) β—† traumatic childhoods (respectfully) β—† song lyric plots (feel free to suggest some at me, i'll probably love it!!) β—† coming-of-age rebellion shit β—† modern with a splash of fantasy!! β—† knock-off plots from popular TV shows or movies (using OCs only)

● ● ●​

i know just a theme bank isn't much, but honestly i'm not even all that sure what i'm looking for here, so if you have any other ideas, please feel free to suggest. as long as we vibe well together OOC, i'm fairly easygoing and not too hard to please, so don't be shy! <3

Friends-to-Lovers β€”> Would You Be So Kind by Dodie Clark
oh, would you be so kind as to fall in love with me?
you see, i’m trying; i know you know that i like you, but that’s not enough

Unhealthy/Unlikely Lovers β€”>
Lent by Autoheart
i don’t wanna, i don’t wanna be your personal assistant
you’ll meet my resistance everyday
oh, what’s it gonna take to make it crystal clear to you?

(...) we’re not good for one another
no, no, no

Reluctant/Unrequited Love β€”>
Between My Teeth by Orla Gartland
please don’t lean on me, β€˜cause i don’t want your heart between my teeth
think i gotta leave, β€˜cause i don’t want your heart between my teeth
i can’t take the pressure, i can barely breathe

Rekindling Old Flames β€”>
Francis Forever by Mitski
on sunny days, i go out walking
i end up on a tree-lined street
i look up at the gaps of sunlight,
i miss you more than anything

Coffee Shop Romance β€”>
Coffee by Jack Stauber
do i need it? (mocha!) am i under control?
can i beat it? (wake up!)
if it swallowed me whole, would i see it?
β€œi can make you feel alive!”
β€œi know… but do i need you
to survive?”

Last edited:
Oh, I'm interested if you're okay with rping with a newbie. I'd be down for something with a mix of slow-burn and fluff overload!

Oh, I'm interested if you're okay with rping with a newbie. I'd be down for something with a mix of slow-burn and fluff overload!

i don't mind writing with new members at all, if that's what you mean by newbie. unless you mean you're new to RPing, well, we can at least talk and see if we can make it work! go ahead and shoot me a message!

Last edited:
Heyo- I'd be interested ^^ PM if you're still lookin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back