• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern π‘³π‘Άπ‘½π‘¬ 𝑭𝑢𝑹 𝑳𝑢𝑽𝑬'𝑺 𝑺𝑨𝑲𝑬 // 𝑺𝑸𝑼𝑰𝑫'𝑺 𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑹π‘ͺ𝑯

squids

☼ + ☽

(n.) a dull ache of the soul, a sick pining, a spiritual anguish

hello all! my name is squids, and it is very nice to meet you! i'm looking for something oddly specific with this, so if you're not interested in this plot but would still like to see more from me, here is a link to my main search thread.

before we begin, here's a bit about me:
  • squids, she/her, 24
  • i write in pms only, but i am open to discord for ooc
  • my replies usually tend to be on the lengthier side, between 5-15 paragraphs, sometimes even longer if i feel i have enough to go off of (or if i'm just that invested in the rp)
  • extremely ghost friendly!! please never feel pressured to notify me if you've suddenly lost interest. i completely understand and will not hold it against you.
  • while it's not necessarily a requirement for me, i am totally open to OOC chitchat!! i love making pinterest boards and playlists for our characters, and always appreciate it when my partner does the same.
  • if you'd like to see a writing sample, please don't hesitate to reach out!!
here's what i expect from you:
  • please be 18+!! no offense to the younguns, just my personal preference
  • please be open to worldbuilding!! i love taking the time to sit down with my partner and bounce ideas off of each other. having a good understanding of the setting and situation is crucial for me to be able to design complex and interesting characters.
  • i will not cover topics such as/pertaining to rape/non-con, underage, gore, etc at any time during our roleplay.

so i come to you half in hope, half in agony. i just watched this drama with such a beautiful story that i thought it would make for an incredible rp (the name of it is in the title of the thread). it would not be a requirement for you to watch it, as i will break down the gist of the plot below (it's a loose adaption anyway). i am looking for mxm for this one, but i could be persuaded to try mxf. i envision it to be a coming-of-age story that is filled to the brim with lots of delicious angst. a real 'we found love in a hopeless place' kind of dynamic. perhaps even a little bit of a friend's-to-lovers situation with lots of supernatural elements. i think it could be a lot of fun, and it's totally workable so if you have any ideas or would like to build off of the plot, feel free to reach out!! i love brainstorming and worldbuilding just as much as the next guy lol.

love for love's sake
muse a is pushing thirty and hasn't done anything worthwhile with their life. dogged by hardship since birth, they have always done just barely enough to get by. for muse a, things like love and happiness seem unattainable, but they have always believed that everyone deserves those things (perhaps everyone except for themselves). muse a frequents a bar, where one night they meet a mysterious stranger who claims to be a writer.

already a couple drinks in, muse a agrees to read the stranger's manuscript. it's a story about a college student who is very much like muse a, someone who always seems to be struggling. the main character, muse b, is a pitiful soul- a full-time student whose family is in copious amounts of debt. not only that, but they have multiple siblings relying on the income that they earn from their part-time job. it seems our main character's stress never ends.

and when the character doesn't receive a happy ending and winds up sad and alone at the end of their days, the drunk muse a finds themselves enraged, unable to accept that the one person who deserves to ride off into the sunset the most doesn't get to.

the stranger seems intrigued by muse a's reaction and boldly asks them if they think they could make a difference in the character's life. in reality, muse a isn't too sure, but the liquid courage spurs them on to say yes, because everyone deserves to be happy.

after one last sip, muse a blacks out entirely. they wake up a couple hours later in the dorm room they were assigned to in college, almost ten years ago, and quickly discover that they have been entered into a simulation of sorts. suddenly 20 again, muse a scrambles to make sense of it all. one minute they were in a bar, and the next they're racing to get to class, and they keep seeing things...

they quickly realize that the world they have been deposited into is similar but still very different. they don't know exactly what happened or why, but they have a feeling they've been somehow indirectly inserted into the stranger's story. as if they were looking at a computer screen and not seeing with their very own eyes, alerts appear before them.

mission: make muse b happy

time limit: 365 days

penalty: death

toska.
code by birth of venus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back