• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern LOVE-BULLET ! [OPEN]

arly

he/him
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

a roleplay by geodine

LOVE-BULLET
!

all's fair in love and war...

tags

action, romance, afterlife, SoL

open spots

5+

heart attack

LOONA/Chuu

• a second chance at love

"Those who have never experienced love and meet an untimely end are, in a way, fortunate. They are saved by the Goddess of Love and reborn as her children: Cupids. Cupids of the past used a bow and arrow, matchmaking suitable partners and accumulating good karma in order to earn a second chance at life. However, present day Cupids have chosen another weapon to speed up the process..."

So, you died young. Bummer. But since you died with a certain regret—I wanted to fall in love—you've been offered another chance! We know the adjustment may be difficult at first. You may be asking yourself, "since when did I have wings? And where did this gun come from?" It may be upsetting to realize that though you walk freely in the mortal realm, no living being is able to see you, and you can't interact with others beyond one simple action: Shooting them through the heart and causing them to fall in love.

But being a Cupid is an amazing opportunity. Earn enough karma by matchmaking partners, and you'll be able to reincarnate, or maybe even ascend: Becoming a real angel, not so different from the Goddess of Love herself.

In your case, the job is even more complicated than usual. Cupids in your area have split into two unofficial factions, and while working together makes things a hell of a lot easier, it also means getting caught in the crossfire.

Members of team EROS consider their task as Cupids to be a noble one, and they work diligently to partner their assignments with the absolute best possible match. Meanwhile, members of team PSYCHE consider this just another job, and they don't mind if things get sloppy or if they have to hurt other Cupids to get the work done.

Whichever team you've chosen, it's time to prepare yourself for war, because these two don't keep things pretty. Love, after all, is serious business!

hello, hello, another group interest check ! this is naturally based on the love bullet manga, but you don't have to have read it to participate, and i'll be tweaking some of the lore quite a bit anyway. (i'll make a lore page with further information about how cupids operate if this check gets some interest, alongside the character applications!) all that really matters now is that we'll be playing as cupids, WITH GUNS! what more could you ask for!

there are some roles and rules in here, so please read up and lemme know if there's interest! :>

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

"Those who have never experienced love and meet an untimely end are, in a way, fortunate. They are saved by the Goddess of Love and reborn as her children: Cupids. Cupids of the past used a bow and arrow, matchmaking suitable partners and accumulating good karma in order to earn a second chance at life. However, present day Cupids have chosen another weapon to speed up the process..."

So, you died young. Bummer. But since you died with a certain regret—I wanted to fall in love—you've been offered another chance! We know the adjustment may be difficult at first. You may be asking yourself, "since when did I have wings? And where did this gun come from?" It may be upsetting to realize that though you walk freely in the mortal realm, no living being is able to see you, and you can't interact with others beyond one simple action: Shooting them through the heart and causing them to fall in love.

But being a Cupid is an amazing opportunity. Earn enough karma by matchmaking partners, and you'll be able to reincarnate, or maybe even ascend: Becoming a real angel, not so different from the Goddess of Love herself.

In your case, the job is even more complicated than usual. Cupids in your area have split into two unofficial factions, and while working together makes things a hell of a lot easier, it also means getting caught in the crossfire.

Members of team EROS consider their task as Cupids to be a noble one, and they work diligently to partner their assignments with the absolute best possible match. Meanwhile, members of team PSYCHE consider this just another job, and they don't mind if things get sloppy or if they have to hurt other Cupids to get the work done.

Whichever team you've chosen, it's time to prepare yourself for war, because these two don't keep things pretty. Love, after all, is serious business!

---

hello, hello, another group interest check ! this is naturally based on the love bullet manga, but you don't have to have read it to participate, and i'll be tweaking some of the lore quite a bit anyway. (i'll make a lore page with further information about how cupids operate if this check gets some interest, alongside the character applications!) all that really matters now is that we'll be playing as cupids, WITH GUNS! what more could you ask for!

there are some roles and rules in here, so please read up and lemme know if there's interest! :>

ROLES:

EROS - "DEVOTEE" (OPEN)

The Devotee has spent years working as a Cupid, all with the goal of one day ascending to angelhood. Somewhere along the line they founded team EROS to work with and lead other like-minded Cupids. As leader and oldest Cupid of the team, they take their task incredibly seriously, and aren't going to sit around to let others ruin the sacred work of creating love. The Devotee considers themselves rivals with The Freeloader, and hates everything they represent.
EROS - "ROMANTIC" (OPEN)
The Romantic never got the chance to fall in love, but that didn't mean they weren't obsessed with the idea. Before their death, The Romantic was a romance author who adored the concept of love, and couldn't wait to experience it themselves. In a way being a Cupid is a dream come true, and it isn't so different from the work they did in life. If you want someone to gush about their past successes in matchmaking, the Romantic will be happy to talk your ear off.
EROS - "ROOKIE" (OPEN)
It's only been a few months since the death of the Rookie, and they would've been profoundly lost in the world of Cupidhood if not for the help of the Devotee to take them under their wing. While they may not be as passionate about the cause as their leader, they're incredibly dedicated to doing a good job for the team's sake. They're still hesitant about the work and liable to panic whenever there's a gun in their hands, but hey, at least these bullets aren't fatal!
PSYCHE - "FREELOADER" (TAKEN)
As far as the Freeloader is concerned, life wasn't anything great, and ascension doesn't look that appealing, either. They've been a Cupid for years, and are naturally content sticking around for as long as they like. Their unbothered attitude has made them irritating to more dedicated Cupids, especially the Devotee. The Freeloader mostly started team PSYCHE because they're entertained by the Devotee's dedication to the rivalry, but despite their lack of passion, they can be just as cutthroat as any other Cupid.
PSYCHE - "ECONOMIST" (OPEN)
Love never made much sense to the Economist in life, and death hasn't clarified things. As a formerly dedicated businessperson, the only thing that does make sense is the pursuit of profit. Since becoming a Cupid, their only goal is increasing their amount of karma by whatever means possible. Why? Because it's satisfying to see the number go up, of course!
PSYCHE - "SKEPTIC" (OPEN)
The Skeptic has always loathed the idea of love. Yes, others claim every Cupid died with regret, wishing they had found romance: But if you ask the Skeptic, they'll swear up and down that their selection in this process had to be a mistake, because they went their whole life finding love to be a waste of time. Now they're just trying to get out of this heart-obsessed hellhole as soon as they can, by any means necessary.
OTHERS...
This RP isn't limited to those six roles, so feel free to let me know if you have a character concept outside of those!

RULES:

RULE ONE!

While the vibe here is going to be generally lighthearted, the premise of this rp implies some heavier themes, and all players and characters should be 18+. Death is probably going to come up a lot, if only in passing, so if that could be upsetting for you this may not be the right place. Naturally, all discussions of those serious topics should be handled with care, and warnings are always appreciated.
RULE TWO!
There are only six pre-written roles, but I'm open to more characters in the event of enough interest. Either way, each player is limited to one character, and it'll be a fairly small group. The character sheets will be application based, so you'll only have to fill out a shorter application for your character until I give the go-ahead for a full cs.
RULE THREE!
Discord is required for OOC.
Please be willing to communicate and cooperate with the other players! A large part of the fun here is going to be the relationships between characters, both as friends and rivals, so plotting is a must. Even though half the cast is pitted against each other, if you let any animosity leak into OOC conversation I WILL use my god-like GM powers to banish you to the "no longer allowed to participate" realm, so keep that in mind. Have good vibes, and feel free to reach out to me if any issues arise.
RULE FOUR!
Activity and literacy requirements are lax.
No need to wax poetic, but please be capable of meaningful posts that move the plot forward. The bulk of the actual rp will be episodic, going from mission to mission with some more relaxed segments in between, and I'm hoping to keep the pace fairly quick in that regard, meaning there will be a loose posting schedule. This can be adjusted, though, and if you have to occasionally miss a posting round because of real life happenings, I absolutely understand! In the event of complete radio silence, the player will eventually be booted, so just communicate about any breaks.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna join this, but if this RP gets more eyes (and maybe volume purchases) on Love Bullet, that'd be great. Ganbare.

I'm not going to lie -- I've been dying for something with a romance lean to it, so you definitely have my interest!

Edit: Gonna be trying my hand at the Romantic or Rookie I think!

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not familiar with Love Bullet, but I'm so intrigued! Might have ideas for the Rookie.

aaaa this is such a cute idea. looking at economist because i can confirm that watching the number go up is, indeed, satisfying.

aaa thank you all so much for the interest !! i did my best to get both the lore and character app pages up as soon as i could \o/ apps are now open for business, and i'm super excited to see what y'all come up with ^^

I am not familiar with the source but am in love with the concept, I am interested! I'm particularly looking (respectfully) at the romantic, if nobody else has taken claim to it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back