• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lord of the Manor

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This RP was inspired by the movie, Robin Hood (2010). (That’s the one starring Russell Crowe.) I am NOT looking to recreate the Robin Hood myth. What I liked was the series of events that started the relationship out.

After the King is killed during an attack on the castle, the man comes across an ambush of the royal guard by a traitor, a knight who has conspired with an enemy King to assassinate the local King. After chasing the traitor away, the man takes advantage of the situation by impersonating the dead knight. Before he departs, he promises the dying knight, the widower, to return his sword to his father.

Awaking to find their ship has arrived, the man must continue to assume the identity of the knight to inform the royal family of the King's death. He witnesses the coronation of the new King, who orders the collection of harsh new taxes. The Lord Chancellor since the days of the new King’s father, opposes the new taxes and is relieved of his position.

The man heads to the deceased knight’s manor. He finds the lands in a poor state, having suffered poor crops for 6 years. Upon his arrival he mistakes the Lady for one of the servants as she is dressed for work. He asks here where the night’s father is. When asked why he explains that he is there to return the sword and that the knight died in an ambush. He had no way of knowing who she was. But he apologizes as soon as he realizes his mistake. She accepts the news with grace as bad news is bad news - no matter how it arrives.

The knight’s elderly and blind father asks him to continue impersonating his son to prevent the Crown from seizing the family lands through heavy taxes. The widow isn’t exactly thrilled with the idea.

(You would have to watch the first hour of the movie to get to this point.)

The scene I would like to start with is the morning after their first night together. (They have to share her bedchamber, but summons her hounds and makes him sleep on the floor.)

My Character
He looks more the part of Little John than Robin Hood. He stands 6’9” tall with the stature of a mighty knight. (At least he LOOKS like a knight.) He has scars that look like someone who has seen his share of war. He has a mane of long black hair and piercing sapphire blue eyes.

Okay, anyone who knows anything about genetics knows there is no way in Hell he could be the elderly man’s son. Robin Hood was set in 1199 AD. People still believe in magic.

Setting and Plot
If we want to go a little Arthurian in this we could always add some magic. If you ever watched the old TV series Robin of Sherwood, the magic in that series is something I liked.

As for a plot, that is something we should discuss. While I said I wasn’t looking to recreate Robin Hood, we should have some sort of antagonism to deal with. Trouble of some sort. Maybe some political issues with someone who is jealous and wants either the land or the Lady. They just have to rely on legal or semi legal methods to get what they want.

Posting
3rd Person, Past Tense
Decent literacy, spelling and grammar.
I tend to post a minimum of a page. But quality over quantity. Contribute to the plot.

PM if interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back