• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for Yugioh RP partner

Rekai Leon

The Fluffy Kitty
I. About me:

I am a 25+ year old roleplayer and semi-competitive Yugioh duelist looking for friends and roleplay partners. I am a semi-literate to literate roleplayer who can write about 2 paragraphs per reply on average. I enjoy deck building and testing and prefer to play the archetypes I genuinely like instead of chasing after the meta. Some of the decks I play are: Tenyi Swordsoul, Tri-Brigade, Ignister and Dinomorphia. I am open for OOC communications and I am ghost-friendly.

II. What I am looking for:

- Reply length: At least semi-literate.
- Dueling skills: I would like someone who is familiar with the modern Yugioh (Master Rule 5) rulings, card pool, summoning mechanics and playstyles.
- Please contribute to world-building and communicate with me if you have any problem.

III. Character deck and dueling rules:

1. We will use the current TCG, OCG or Master Duel rulings and banlist. Our card pool will be any card that has been released in the TCG for at least one year. For example, the Legacy of Destruction set was released on April 26, 2024 in the TCG, so we will not use it in our character decks until April 26, 2025. There are two reasons for this:
- The lastest meta decks cannot be used until they have gotten hit to a certain extent, minimizing the chance of godmodding.
- I would like us to play the decks that we genuinely enjoy, instead of having to "chase after the meta."

2. I can play with an older card pool, but the oldest card pool I am willing to play is until the Phantom Rage set in 2020.

3. I want a dueling experience that is as close to IRL modern Yugioh as possible, so I prefer not to add any additional rulings and banlist to our in-character duels. You are welcome to make suggestions regarding rulings and banlist, but please don't hold your breath for that. Here are some of the custom rules that I will most likely reject:
- Unique archetype for each character: Mirror matches happen all the time, so that does not make much sense to me.
- Only one archetype per deck: Again, it is common for one deck to feature multiple archetypes. Restricting a deck to one archetype is unfair for archetypes that depend on or synergize well with other archetypes.
- Banning all cards belonging to a category, such as banning all hand traps: Not all hand traps are bad and deserve to be banned. Some are necessary to keep the game interactive.

4. We will use Dueling Nexus or Master Duel for in-character duels, depending on the banlist we would like to use. A match will be best of 3. In Master Duel only, our size decks have an unlimited size, and we can change the total number of cards in our Main Deck and Extra Deck.

IV. Preferred pairings:

- M x Any gender (I play as Male)
- OC x OC
- OC x CC (I play as OC)

V. World building:

Since I mostly play the game instead of reading the mangas or watching the animes, I prefer that our RP takes place in an AU with a survival setting (our characters have to duel to survive). Your ideas and suggestions regarding world-building are welcome.

That's all for now. I'm looking forward to making great friends here ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back