• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for partners for dark romance RP

gaia250

Hello :) Welcome to my corner.

I'm looking to role-play a romance with a darker side. Am open to ideas but some of what I'd be interested in is:

Two individuals with escapism tenancies (drugs, risks, etc.)

One held captive by [mafia, supernaturals, etc.] and the other tasked to guard.

This list will be added to, but if you have any ideas please share. I enjoy having a general framework in terms of story-line and then to fill the rest as we write. Depending on the mood I can write 3-8 paragraphs. I'll meet you with posts but am not interested in 1-3 liners.

Hope we can chat soon :) x

Last edited:
I'm not usually interested in romance, but that darker aspect intrigues me. Do you have a personal preference for which role your character will fill?

The escapist/mafia ideas are nice, but obviously a little broad. Would you be interested in setting it a past time period, such as the late 1800s or early 1900s? And if not, would the setting be in a futuristic city, a slightly run-down town, or a mix of the two?

Also, if you would like, we could kind of mix the escapist and mafia ideas. Maybe the two characters could be people who both suffered from an overabundance of responsibilities in their past, and they are in their present situation as a result of those same responsibilities popping up again. For example, maybe the captive is someone who was in the mafia's way of causing some destructive act like killing/stealing, and the guard could be the son of the boss or someone who relies on underhanded means in order to support his family/those he holds dear. And the more pressure and conflict is applied to the two, the more they wish to escape, and might even realize the commonality they share in their troubles.

As you can probably guess, my roleplay responses are pretty lengthy with an average around 4-10 paragraphs.

Anyways, I hope these introspective comments are of some use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back