• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Partner for Cyberpunk Roleplay!

Emaline

Hello!

Recently I haven't had the time to RP but now I have time and I'm looking to get back into it. I was thinking of doing a cyberpunk role play, something gritty, dark and intense. If you don't know what cyberpunk is, it's based off the the writings of William Gibson, who basically created the genre. It's often a mix of noir fiction, dystopian and sci-fi, set in a world where corporations have taken over the government, media and other extremely important aspects of everyday life. It's very loose but I have some ideas as far as plot:

1. joining a revolution to over throw one or more of the major corporations, like vigilantes or anarchist.

2. Hackers who work for the corporations who are trying to escape their clutches. (Maybe they are being black-mailed or something)

3. trying to survive day to day on the streets of this cyber punk city. It's a battle enough as it is.

4. Lab rats who are implanted with cybernetics, having to deal with the consequences of becoming a cyborg.

There are lots of other things that can be done with this world. Really, I'm just looking to do a role play in a cyberpunk universe. As far as who I want to roleplay with, I don't have any preferences as far as gender or anything. I just want whoever I roleplay to kind of keep the gritty, dark atmosphere going. And of course, someone's who's nice. That's all.

Thanks!

What if I made a general role play, involving characteristics of the things listed? Would people be interested in that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back