• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for Advanced Chinese Fantasy RP! [Open]

Nepenthe

Am I dreaming?
cropped-ww1.jpg

Hello everyone!

Although I haven't been part of this site for very long, it's become apparent to me that RPNation is extremely lacking in the Chinese fantasy department, and it hurts my xianxia-loving soul.
I mean, just look at that landscape: how could you not want to rp in such a beautiful place?

If you haven't read any Chinese Fantasy before, that is okay too! I won't mind showing you the ropes as long as you are willing to learn!

Regardless, I do have some expectations for this rp:

1. Literacy. It is very important that you are able to write in the third person and that you are capable of using proper grammar and spelling.
Of course, we all make mistakes and get hit with writer's block, but please don't let it become a constant thing.

2. Age. It would be best if you were 18 or older! After all, the rp will contain mature themes (i.e. gore and some such.)

3. Frequency. I know life gets in the way sometimes, but it would make my muse very happy if you could manage at least one post a day.
I can guarantee that I will reply shortly after, so if you can manage more than one, that would be great!

4. Plot. If you love twists and turns, then we'll get along nicely! Also, although romance isn't a must, I do enjoy a good one!
I am down to do m// and m/f pairs should the opportunity arise.

5. Time. I want to create an intricate universe within which our characters can exist and grow. In order to achieve that, this will be long-term.

That being said, here are a few things you should know about me:
- I prefer writing males, but can write females on the side.
- My posts can vary anywhere between one paragraph to fourteen depending on the situation.
- I prefer m// pairings, but again. m/f is fine too.
- I enjoy getting to know the person I rp with!

Now that that's been covered, onto the good stuff!

I am the kind of person who has a thousand ideas but never once uses them. However, there are some general themes that I would like to implement:

a. Monstrous beast races
Any classic Chinese fantasy novel has its selection of ferocious beasts! I particularly like the idea that the purer bloodlines can have human forms.

b. Complex martial cultivation
I love the concept used in Emperor's Domination of the life wheel, physique, and fate palace.

c. Multiple realms
There's nothing quite like having multiple realms of existences! (i.e. mortal, heavenly, underworld, etc.)

I think that just about covers it! As you can see, I want to flesh out a unique xianxia-style world with someone for our characters to explore and conquer.

If this sounds like your cup of tea, then what are you waiting for? Let's get started!

After all, the ladder to heaven is not for looking: it is for stepping!

Last edited:
I would so much would like to join you happily! I do kind of lack knowledge about the Chinese culture with it's fantasy but doesn't mean I wouldn't like to learn about it
I feel like this is a game to choose which one I want to so badly do, so I choose a and b for the themes and just about any other ideas you have I would adore to hear.
One Idea I thought of is maybe a conflict between the empires?

I'm down for something! But just to clarify, are you looking for something leaning more towards wuxia or xianxia? Xianxia has more of a fantasy element involving different realms (demons, gods, etc.) whereas wuxia focuses more on martial arts, cultivation and slightly more realistic heroism.

I'm down for something! But just to clarify, are you looking for something leaning more towards wuxia or xianxia? Xianxia has more of a fantasy element involving different realms (demons, gods, etc.) whereas wuxia focuses more on martial arts, cultivation and slightly more realistic heroism.
The more you know! After looking up xianxia, it seems like a more accurate description of what I'm looking for.

Oh..I thought the person above me was the Creator of the rp oofles--
Haha, no worries. If you still think you'd like to do an rp of this kind, feel free to send me a pm!

mon mon You can also send a pm my way if you are still interested. ^_^

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back