• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for a partner to do story-based RP with - Ignore the Prefix

C.DEX

Art Fart
Hi all! I'm a new member to RPnation, but not to role-playing.

After glancing momentarily at the general theme of the site, I found that I had few people who shared my interest in RP. Mainly, I'm not looking for a pairing or romance. I'm looking for a partner that will help worldbuild with me, potentially play multiple characters, and have a story-driven and not romance-driven plot. 

That isn't to say I'm opposed to it, but I prefer the main conflict of the story to be physical or mental, rather than romantic. 

I'm also looking for a partner that is advanced as far as writing goes; someone who knows the appropriate length at which to reply. Not meaning that I want 100-page replies, but I certainly don't want to be struggling for words because I wasn't given something to work with. This goes both ways; I am more than happy to be engaging and lengthy if the story calls for it.

I enjoy playing the villain as well as the hero. I enjoy all genres, though I do have a favorite few (which I will list below). I can play male or female, though I'm experienced playing males.

Prompts/Genres:

Fantasy:

High fantasy - I prefer for us to create our own fantastical lore and races over using stock elves, dwarves. The world building is part of the fun!

Piracy - The reason this is in fantasy is because I enjoy entwining my pirate fantasies with magical elements - ghost ships, weather mages, etc.

Elemental Greek - Perhaps this is a fantasy world with its own pantheon of gods a la Greek culture. Perhaps they interact a bit more. Perhaps the god-ruler of a land is warring with another, and our characters are caught in the thick of it.

Steam-Fantasy - The world developed differently here. It's possible that this fantasy world is in the throes of its own industrial revolution. Again, world building opportunities a-plenty.

Modern / Futuristic:

Zombie Apocalyptic - Something would have to be different here other than your run of the mill "Walking Dead"-esque zombie flick. Perhaps the zombies are more like a hive mind? 

Familia - Dark, gritty roleplay regarding gangs, drugs, etc. We don't have to do much to make this interesting for me. I generally prefer not to play with already existing gangs; Mafioso, etc., because I'm not in tune with the culture. Also, adding a fantasy element a la Shadowrun makes this one pretty fun.

Invasion: Fearsome (the key word) aliens invade an already space-faring human society. If you're interested in this one, let me know. I have a knack for this sort of scenario.

And more. Really, I'm open to any genre, except maybe Slice-of-Life. I enjoy real terror and danger, not family infighting.

If you're interested, post in the thread or let me know via message. I also recently joined Discord, so we can communicate via that if it's what makes you comfy.

Cheers!

Hey!!! I would love to do something fantasy or something with zombies with you! I have been wanting to do a rp with the zombies that have minds. I hope to hear from you soon. :)   @C.DEX

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back