Long-time roleplayer looking to improve

Joan the Rebel

'Sup,y'all? I'm Joan, and I've been roleplaying for most of my life. I recently found that my current roleplay site wasn't meeting my needs, so here I am.

I am homeschooled and a bit of a geek. I'm a longtime Christian and enjoy debate, but don't let that give you any ideas ( ;) ) I love people and am very extroverted. I also tend to pour my all into something once I'm dedicated to it.

Roleplay-wise, I enjoy modern/sci-fi for the most part, and I prefer detail to not. I love dystopias, post-apoctalyptic anything, urban fantasy, slice of life, and rebellion. I do not like romance-oriented roleplays, mainly due to the way American culture typically views romance, sex, relationships, etc.

If there's anything else you want to know, just ask! ( :) )

[QUOTE="Joan the Rebel]'Sup,y'all? I'm Joan, and I've been roleplaying for most of my life. I recently found that my current roleplay site wasn't meeting my needs, so here I am.
I am homeschooled and a bit of a geek. I'm a longtime Christian and enjoy debate, but don't let that give you any ideas ( ;) ) I love people and am very extroverted. I also tend to pour my all into something once I'm dedicated to it.

Roleplay-wise, I enjoy modern/sci-fi for the most part, and I prefer detail to not. I love dystopias, post-apoctalyptic anything, urban fantasy, slice of life, and rebellion. I do not like romance-oriented roleplays, mainly due to the way American culture typically views romance, sex, relationships, etc.

[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the site, Joan! I hope you have a great time here

Welcome in!! You seem to be a very interesting one, I'm sure you'll make friends and have wonderful rps here! I look forward to see one of your wise opinions by chance.

[QUOTE="Joan the Rebel]I do not like romance-oriented roleplays, mainly due to the way American culture typically views romance, sex, relationships, etc.

[/QUOTE]
There are not only americans here.. I am not american and can't bear it as well, but please do not refuse the world of romance because of that, you may find someone willing a different kind of romance - stay open-minded :D

Have fun!

[QUOTE="Sombra Arcana]Welcome to the site, Joan! I hope you have a great time here

[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I hope so too!

Neddeia said:
Welcome in!! You seem to be a very interesting one, I'm sure you'll make friends and have wonderful rps here! I look forward to see one of your wise opinions by chance.
There are not only americans here.. I am not american and can't bear it as well, but please do not refuse the world of romance because of that, you may find someone willing a different kind of romance - stay open-minded :D

Have fun!
Interesting, eh? I'll have to remember that ;)

I'll try to stay open-minded :) We'll see what I find. I am ridiculously happy to meet someone else who can't bear it xD

Welcome. If your talking about the way romance is portrayed in movies, you've got me there. I dislike most movies that have quote unquote 'romance' in it. It's usually all about more adult centered things than sweet, fluffy romantic moments - that's what I love. The hand holding, the shy start - that is me amore.

[QUOTE="Lily Dawn Evans]Welcome. If your talking about the way romance is portrayed in movies, you've got me there. I dislike most movies that have quote unquote 'romance' in it. It's usually all about more adult centered things than sweet, fluffy romantic moments - that's what I love. The hand holding, the shy start - that is me amore.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's better, but as a girl who is very much in love right now, I still feel like the shyness and "specialness" of relationships is both over-emphasized and treated way too casually at the same time, if that makes sense at all. It exasperates me that I can't watch one of my favorite shows without bad love advice happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back