• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy long-term partner search ✩ [fandom + original]

chaotics

meme connoisseur

hello! i'm chaotic, and i am looking for some long-term roleplay partners. i have been doing this since the early 2000s and i am always looking to expand my horizons.

some little facts about me:
  • i am in my 20s, work freelance from home, and my timezone is gmt.
  • i'm lgbt+ and predominantly interested in queer pairings. for fandoms specifically, i am willing to do m/f.
  • this might be obvious considering the above, but i am happy to play characters of any gender. i am also happy to double up.
  • my reply schedule is a little hectic. some days i will be able to send multiple responses, other times i'll only be able to send one or two replies per week. i would like to request my future partners to be understanding in regards to these varying waiting times.
  • i also feel i should mention i have adhd and it is hard for me to focus on certain tasks sometimes. you might see me online, or posting, but please do not take it personally if i am not responding to the roleplay. my mind is probably sizzling.
  • i prefer to roleplay in pms on here, but i'm happy to do ooc chatting on discord.

my roleplaying preferences:
  • i aim to write a minimum of two paragraphs, and usually deliver more than that. i do believe in quality over quantity, but i am quite a lengthy writer, and honestly? i prefer quality and quantity. nevertheless, i always aim to make everything i write relevant to the roleplay and steer clear from purple prose.
  • i am very much into character-driven roleplay and good characterisation. i want our ocs to feel like real people, with real thoughts, feelings and mannerisms. again, that doesn't mean i'll be churning out ten paragraphs on how my oc brushes their hair in the morning, but giving life to my creations is one of my biggest goals in roleplaying, and writing in general.
  • i prefer to keep any character sheets we make brief and not too descriptive. i love learning about characters via the roleplay itself, so i'd prefer we keep the cs info to a minimum.
  • when it comes to character appearance, i am happy to use descriptions and visual references. however for the latter i only use drawings, be they anime or digital paintings and the like. real life photos are a no-go with me.
  • i love writing interesting npcs, even if they only appear for a little while. i believe having them makes the world we're writing feel richer and more believable. i would love for you to do the same.
  • when it comes to plots, i like to prepare a basic "main story" plot-line and possibly a few sub plots here and there, and when these events happen in the rp itself, i like to make the details up as we go. when in doubt, we can always brainstorm, but i like the creative freedom this allows for fun situations mid-rp.
  • for fandom rps, i can do oc/oc, or oc/canon and double up.
  • gore, violence and language are all fine with me, but also not something i require to happen in an rp.
  • i usually write in third person past tense, but can also do third person present tense.

things i expect from my partners:
  • first and foremost, creativity is very important to me. roleplaying is about writing a story together - it might sound obvious, but too many times i have had to carry my past roleplays by myself, bringing in ideas, npcs and plots while my partner's character would react to these things, but never much act on the world around them. please, don't be afraid to push the story forward in your reply, have things happen! if you're unsure, we can brainstorm ooc together, but please don't leave all the work to me.
  • i would prefer that you feel comfortable writing characters of any gender, regardless of what pairing we go for.
  • i will absolutely not do any kind of rp based on real people, be it kpop, youtubers, or what have you. if you're the kind of person to do it at all, please do not contact me.
  • if anything ever comes up in the roleplay that you feel uncomfortable with, or i do/write something you dislike or don't think makes sense, please speak up and let me know! i'm very open to fixing any mistakes or bad habits in my replies.
  • if you have any limits or things you never want to come up in the rp, please let me know before we begin!
  • with regards to character dynamics in original rps, if it comes to it i prefer people willing to play switches or those who are comfortable playing both tops and bottoms. if you only play bottoms/submissive characters, i don't think we could work well together - i've been in too many rps like this and i'm kind of tired of being the Forever Top Guy lmao
  • i love chatting ooc with my partners. i'm looking to create a fun story together, but i'd love to make a friend along the way.
  • please be over 18, and preferably 20+.

alright! with all the rigid guidelines out of the way, let's get to the good stuff.

my absolute favourite setting is modern fantasy. i love the idea of supernatural species co-existing with humans, usually in secret, and making plots off of that can go in so many directions. my secondary favourite settings are medieval/"classic" fantasy and futuristic sci-fi. i am not big on ultra realism and historical settings.

as for genres, i prefer to keep the tone of my roleplays light-hearted, with underlying darker themes and occasional drama to keep things interesting and help our characters grow. fun, borderline comedic dialogue between two characters as they traverse through a murder mystery or try to save the world from oblivion is just about my favourite concept.

i am willing to go a darker or angstier route and deal with more serious issues, but only with a good plot and competent partners. too often i feel rps like that hit a roadblock real fast, but i’m willing to try. feel free to inquire about it if this is something you like.

finally, for relationships, a trope i love is rivals or enemies being forced by circumstance to work together and over time, slowly coming to understand, like and even fall in love with each other.

i have a few plot ideas, but i prefer to share the details privately. i'm also very open to hearing my partner's ideas or coming up with something new together.

these can be mixed & matched!

vampire/werewolf
supernatural/hunter
human/demon
demon/angel
prince(ss)/knight (and-or bodyguard)
prince(ss)/pauper
mage/knight
master/butler, assistant, etc
boss/employee
bad boy or girl/priest or nun
demon/priest or nun
mobster/innocent
college roommates
a/b/o dynamics

for anything else, please ask! i'm very open to new ideas.

genshin impact
i prefer aus or canon divergent timelines.
i want to play against: tartaglia/childe, dottore
i can play: anyone except for: the kids, diluc, itto, gorou, sara, kaveh, pantalone

honkai star rail
aus, canon divergence and canon are fine with me.
i want to play against: kafka, gepard
i can play: anyone except for the kids

jojo's bizarre adventure
aus preferred.
i want to play against: dio, buccellati, kira
i can play: most major characters except for abbacchio and p7 cast

death note
for this fandom only, i am exclusively interested in l/light rps.
i can play either, and i'm open to aus or canon timelines.
bonus points if you've read those who stand. if you know, you know.

and here we are! if you're interested in a roleplay with me, please send me a pm! i would highly appreciate if you could include a writing sample too. for this sample, i would like for it to not be the best piece of writing you think you've ever done, but rather what an average reply from you would look like (non-introduction posts preferred). note that i likely won't reply to pms without a sample, and all posts in this thread will be deleted. nothing personal, i just want to keep everything neat on here. also, i am happy to provide you with a sample of my own writing, too, so just let me know if you'd like one.

if you got this far, thanks for reading! here's hoping we both luck out and manage to start something great! ✩

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back