• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Life is Strange

lovedentist

Today I finished the game Life is Strange: Before the Storm. I had played Life is Strange and while that was devastating in it's own right, Before the Storm really set in stone for me how tragic Chloe, Max, and Rachel's story is. And don't even get me started on the Farewell scene, talk about tears. None of them deserved anything that happened to them. Though that's how life goes, I guess. I don't have any way to play Life is Strange 2 right now, but trust me, the second they release it on mobile, or I'm magically able to afford any type of gaming console, I will be playing it. And, I just have to say, I love the journals for Max and Chloe, it's honestly what inspired me to start writing one again, just how creative and open they are, and how we really get to see inside their thoughts, ugggh, it's just amazing. And the music !! Daughter's music was the absolute right way to go - so much of it is soul wrenching and beautiful, perfect for the game.

I don't want to do an rp based off of LIS, especially because I'm not sure I (or anyone) would be able to do the characters justice how I see them. I would just like to do an rp based off of the feeling of LIS. To me, LIS has a very specific feeling that is hard to explain, but I feel like anyone who's played the games would understand. I'm gonna do the best that I can to explain a little of how it feels lmao. There's equal amounts strange (duh lmao) and nostalgia to the story, while also somehow (even with the time rewinding) being realistic. I like that at times it's dark and gritty and other's where it's sweet and I love that the story is pushed forward almost solely based off of how far would these people would go for the other person.

I do have the very basic, not even skeleton of a plot which centers around two estranged best friends finding their way back to each other after many years of avoiding each other, and short awkward conversations, maybe even some anger at each other. What drove them apart and what brings them together again would be something we could collaborate on. I imagine there'd be lots of fighting and tears and getting into trouble/helping each other get out of trouble. I would say that there would be violence and dark themes as well. The idea of a small sea-side town is amazing to me, maybe with a boardwalk pier, just for the hell of it (the aesthetic, ya know, I think it could be creepy as well as fun) ? I would also like this to be a romance story, not immediately, of course, as I think it would be important for our characters to develop their friendship again, but maybe there was always a spark there? Now, I think what makes LIS special, and different from other games and even tv shows and movies, is how they subtly add a supernatural element, or probably better, a sort of strange phenomenon (maybe max's wasn't so subtle lmao but definitely in Before the Storm), so I think we should add something of that nature as well. I think our characters would be either in their senior year of high school, or maybe a year out of high school. I just want to put here as well, since I love giving my characters tragic backstories, that I think it would be good for both of our characters to maybe have had a little tragedy in their lives.

Now that I've gotten my thoughts out of the way, Hi, you can call me D. My replies range from three to six chunky paragraphs (sometimes longer if I'm really into it) and would appreciate a good detailed reply from my partner as well. The more that you give, the more that I'll give basically. I would love for us to have a steady back and forth with reply times, but I'm really not that picky. If you can only reply once a day, once a week, hell even once a month, I would still be down. I do work a lot, and especially with summer coming up I'm going to be working even more so if I ever don't reply for a few days it's because I'm literally too mentally and physically exhausted smh. I usually give about a week before I bump someone, unless you let me know that your reply is going to take longer. Don't be afraid to bump me as well if you feel I'm taking too long to reply. I don't mind replying in PM's or in a thread. I prefer to play female characters and would prefer to do a MxF romance. I am 21 so would like it if whoever my partner was to be at least 18.

I think that's everything, but don't be afraid to ask me any questions you have that I may not have covered here.

If interested, please just shoot me a pm!!

ALSO, while I know I went on and on about Life is Strange, you really don't have to have played the game to want to rp with me. I'm just using that as an example of the slightly odd feeling that I would like for this rp to have. If you have an idea reading this, but never played the game, don't be afraid to drop me a pm. (But I highly recommend the games, they're amazing !!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back