• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Liberal KS, 1947

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Note: The dates and ages are set in stone. If you are interested in this plot and wish to be the same age, then we would need to move the timeline forward, with my character having lived in the area for that time. IE, if you want him to be a junior, it would be 1948 with him living in the area already for a year. This will bypass his introduction as a new student.

In the fall of 1922 another high school was built at Sixth and Lincoln at a cost of nearly $18,000. It housed Liberal High School for sixty years. Several generations of students passed through the halls of the old building, with a total of 7,390 graduating since the first class in 1923.

In the Fall of 1947 a 14 year old (turns 15 shortly) Freshman transferred in from out of state. He had moved to the area to live with his aunt and uncle, who lived on a small farm near the local airport just on the edge of town. His uncle was a mechanic there.

His name was James Thomas. He was tall and athletic. But he would also prove to be … odd.

I will stop there unless we skip forward. I am also going to refrain from explaining WHY James is odd - unless you want a spoiler.

Fun Fact:
Liberal, KS was the site chosen for Smallville (TV show). In 1947, I would estimate the population at a little over 5500. By 1950 it will be a little over 7000.

The name of the town comes from the founder. He used to give away free water to thirsty travellers. They would say he was very liberal with the water. The name has nothing to do with politics.

Your Character
I am looking for a possible MxF romance. If so, it should be 1940s high school teen stuff. But I am also looking for someone who can handle NPCs.

Posting
3rd Person, Past Tense
Decent literacy, spelling and grammar.
I tend to post a minimum of a page. But quality over quantity. Contribute to the plot.

PM if interested. You need a CS. Nothing major, Name, pic, a little about your character. The rest is for development.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back