• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Let's Explore Some Dungeons!! (Light hearted PG-13 Open World RP)

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
Supporter
IMPORTANT LINKS
IC
OOC
CS
LORE

Let's not waste time with flashy visuals and coding (bbcode is hell on earth sometimes) or a huge world since that doesn't really matter right now

Simply put, this RP is about a group (or different groups) of friends who set out to explore different dungeons. This character driven RP is all about camaraderie, survival, and romance in a group who lives for the thrill and love to fight different monsters, instead of the usual dark, gory, edgy with emphasis on high magic and war. I feel that that breeds metagaming and extremely high level magic for no reason.
You're not trying to save a world or overthrow a king or some other grand quest. This is the spirit of adventure in a group. Like Legend of Zelda in nature. There is no overarching central plot that the entire RP focuses on.

Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life, Action, whatever you want in it. Add lore, add villains, whatever. I just need a good group to stick around, contribute and add to the story as well as think about interaction more than how to kill how to kill. I plan on PLENTY of action, but pointless OP magic, flawless fighters, and soloing bosses have no relevant place here.

I'm gonna post more about the world when we make the actual thread.

Races
You can play as any race as long as it fits in the genre. I have to say this because this JUST happened recently. If your character is sci-fi, part of some galactic federation or something, it has no place here.

Technology
Low level steampunk. This is a middle ground between high fantasy and modern technology. You can use swords and bows if you want or guns, but neither is definitively better than the other. Floating Cities, Sky Pirates and Sea Pirates all exist.

Magic
As long as it's not OP, I'll allow most forms of magic. However, unless you're a focused mage, magic is supplementary to other skills. Magic is not the focus of the characters or the RP. I have to say this because extreme magic being given to everyone is a very well known common issue in RP (at least on this site). There will be many many different elements of magic.

Lore
I encourage lore to be made. In fact, I feel the best lore is lore that needs to be understood or referenced to complete the objective. If you have a location, race, magic art, an ancient relic, whatever to add, I highly encourage you to add it. This isn't some world you're just hooked to and can't express your own creative freedom.

Romance
I encourage romance for once so long as it sticks to the rules and doesn't stagnate the RP. Lovey dovey is cute and all, but if it goes beyond that, fade to black.

Villains
Villains get a certain leniency. If your villain is designed to be a primary antagonist for a group or some final boss, I want OP BUT EXPLOITABLE. High level villains need to be powerful, but defeatable with actual weaknesses to take advantage of.

Any questions will be answered

Last edited:
*Lurks in a corner and watches to see if this take off*

You keep pooping out new Interest Checks like you have diarrhea lately. Are you sure you're not constipated?

I'm in.

I have two ideas:
1. A warrior from a tribe of orcs who were recently (1-2 generations) ago, taken over by a bigger kingdom. He drafted himself into the army and fights as this pseudo-knight whose spear is also a musket. Expect a lot of gritty comic relief, a funny, happy-go-lucky personality, and a lot of loyalty.
2. A more serious, human wizard with a dark past - I'll avoid edginess but expect angst in healthy amounts. (Angst is like salt - eat some, but eat too much and you'll get sick.) He specializes in curses and enchantments. Expect a lot of tsundere warming-up and a classic take on the "mage" archetype, where he'll support the group more indirectly by giving pseudo-scientific, spiritual, or magical advice, upgrading their items, and throwing the occasional fireball at an enemy.

Hi! I recently signed up today, and was looking for an rp, I must say this caught my eye. I'd love to join. Disclaimer: I am a noob

Very interested!
I like your rules, too many fantasy RPs are having major magic and insane levels of steampunk lately, i like the more realistic dungeon crawler approach!

You keep pooping out new Interest Checks like you have diarrhea lately. Are you sure you're not constipated?
Some just don't get the interest I need and some end up dead because people don't know what interaction between characters is (a current issue with one of my RPs) and it feels like I'm just stringing them along, so an open world is best right now before I start up any more planned storylines.

Hi! I recently signed up today, and was looking for an rp, I must say this caught my eye. I'd love to join. Disclaimer: I am a noob
That's fine with me. I only ever require one paragraph per post, which should be easy work

I got a nice amount of interest, so I'll get the threads up fairly soon. We start soon after we get all the CS hopefully before the weekend ends, since I get weekends off duty

K KodomoYamiya
Birdsie Birdsie
BackSet BackSet
Lunar Lunar
Tyler Roedenski Tyler Roedenski
Raku Raku
Wick Wick

Last edited:
Too late to join?
8l2lve.jpg

I think I’d like to make a character, just wanted to ask first however
Can I make a extremely OP Ugandan knuckles big bad end game boss? Exploitable by always following da qween? I won’t be devastated if it’s a no aha

I think I’d like to make a character, just wanted to ask first however
Can I make a extremely OP Ugandan knuckles big bad end game boss? Exploitable by always following da qween? I won’t be devastated if it’s a no aha
Exploitable to kill it, then allowable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back