Keychains #258-301

Jtuxyan

RAAAAAAAAWR!

Or, to translate it in to the common tongue: "Pardon me, mother, but I believe I have elected to pay the 2WP to abort to physical combat." :mrgreen:

Jtuxyan said:
RAAAAAAAAWR!
Or, to translate it in to the common tongue: "Pardon me, mother, but I believe I have elected to pay the 2WP to abort to physical combat." :mrgreen:
Yeah, you'd know a lot about that maneouver, wouldn't you? :P

Weeeee!

Apart from inqusitive-pipe-smoke in panel four (a nice, touch, a nice touch, I must say), I have nothing much to say.

Secret seems happy with her present of arrows. I guess we'll see her defaulting to Cluivnarihe's bow form more often.

Marena just took her mother's heart's blood. She comes back, excuses herself, and leaves, never to be seen again.

Thanqol said:
Marena just took her mother's heart's blood. She comes back, excuses herself, and leaves, never to be seen again.
"Argh" is more a scream of anger or frustration than agony. Those are more like "Aieee!"

Thanqol said:
Marena just took her mother's heart's blood.
Isn't Marena was a little old for breast-feeding?

Hmmm...

Actually, I imagine a lactation (specifically lactation-drinking) fetish on the part of a woman who was dominated by a cold, calculating bitch of a mother would be quite possible...

I just can't imagine her going to said same cold calculating bitch.

Well, Aria's manipulative nature aside, I think Marena is letting her childhood opinions cloud her reactions here a bit. I mean, it is a sudden sort of thing, but look at the positives! Your mother isn't dead yet, and once you're done with this Keys of Creation quest, you'll have a nice little nation you can settle down at! Heck, think of the Thousand Streams River, or whatever it is the Lunars do. It's perfect!

Aasharu said:
Well, Aria's manipulative nature aside, I think Marena is letting her childhood opinions cloud her reactions here a bit. I mean, it is a sudden sort of thing, but look at the positives! Your mother isn't dead yet, and once you're done with this Keys of Creation quest, you'll have a nice little nation you can settle down at! Heck, think of the Thousand Streams River, or whatever it is the Lunars do. It's perfect!
except the little fact that the nation in question is an immaculate order base. A god-blooded may hide while ruling the country or make deals off with order to stay in power but I don't think bronze faction will let a lunar become ruler of such a country.

And yet she's being asked to become ruler nonetheless, and Aria would have thought of that as well as you.

I don't have the dots to do this accurately, but this sounds more like Aria wants Marena to dump the Keychain Circle and is willing to wager an entire country on it.

Why Aria wants this, I don't know, but that's what the comic is for :3

Obviously Aria is the Soulsteel Key. She is urging Marena to give up on her quest so her real identity is not discovered.

And it goes without saying that the Soulsteel Key is actually Nara-O, who is in turn Ten Wind's Essence pool, which is identified as the Wagon.

That's only a problem if we presume Ten Wind isn't the First and Forsaken Lion. And disguising himself as Aria. . . and Ten Winds at the same time. And flirting with himself.

You know, I was just reading through the archives again, and I came upon another instance when we had an off screen yell - when the Fae kissed Misho, and Misho tossed him into the bush. I wonder...

(Innuendo intended.)

And now we know what leverage Aria came in with... and she was packing some big guns :shock:

And I don't think Marena's getting written out, I think we're just going to have to suddenly have to try and find her other kid(s).

Marena said:
He died of fever a few months after his birth.
Aria said:
Your son's alive. Sidereals.
[QUOTE="Manual of Exalted Powers: Sidereals]In the First Age, mortals destined for Sidereal Exaltation were often spirited away from their families at a young age, to be trained in their future duties. Before the Usurpation, the Chosen of Endings had refined the process so well that a future Sidereal would usually be actively employed by his division in some menial capacity, prepared to take over his duties at the very moment of Exaltation.

[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back