Keychain 166 - 170

Haku1

Ze Hamster of Lurkdom
Oh dear, poor Nova... it's going get very painful for her in a very short bit, isn't it?

No, Misho is about to carve a fucking hole in her back to extract Secret from her innards.

Catgirl riding is an approved part of my exercise program ;P

Ahahahahaha the cape is cracking me up.

"I have a giant Warstrider! *SWISH* With a giant froofy cape!"

Brickwall said:
No, Misho is about to carve a fucking hole in her back to extract Secret from her innards.
Catgirl riding is an approved part of my exercise program ;P
Ahh, for some reason I keep seeing him smacking her on the butt with the flat of that sword and riding her out of the city (to more smash-friendly environs).

1212796131195jn7.png

Brickwall said:
"For some reason"? You and I both know what that reason is. Don't kid around.
Uhh...what reason? I think it was just the image of the robot riding Nova like a horse. Believe what you will, but I'm much more attracted to Nova that way in her normal, bipedal body than as the giant sphinx thing.

Misho found the 'boost' button. With a sword. That'll be a problem for Nova.

She's not doing well here, for an Essence 6-7 being.

So, I'm confused...

Misho wanted to minimize damage to the city... And he decided that the appropriate way to do that was to damage Nova's limiters and ignite her wings, giving her a thrust like an orbit-shot taking off, out of the middle of the city?

Either the term "collateral damage" means nothing to him, or he didn't think that one through too well. That, or he decided that the damage from them fighting in the city was likely to greatly exceed the damage caused by setting the city on fire.

He's clearly clipping the control surfaces of her wings, thereby forcing her into at best partially controlled flight.

It was only a little fire. And they're surrounded by snow and ice -- any fire will be containable.

Unfortunately, he's basically reduced this to a duel, and he's no combat monkey.

On the upshot, neither is Nova... apparantly, even if she does cheat alot with her higher essence science and charms. :lol:

Unfortunately, he's basically reduced this to a duel, and he's no combat monkey.
He's a Twilight with a decent amount of Melee Charms. I think he'll do alright now that he isn't holding back.

He's clearly clipping the control surfaces of her wings, thereby forcing her into at best partially controlled flight.
It was only a little fire. And they're surrounded by snow and ice -- any fire will be containable.

You know, it's really amazing how snow and ice really don't do much of either jack or shit to contain fire? They tend to melt and turn into runoff, which flows down the city gutters and streets, doing a phenomenal job of not going where they might be useful and not doing anything to extinguish the blaze.

Sure, he's not a combat monkey. But if he manages to get Secret out.. and. um.. held onto her sword inside his warstrider... she ought to help out a bit.

Poor Nova...he messed up her pretty wings!

I wonder if she ever actually intended that they be used for flight, though? She was just trying to zap Marena with them earlier...

ShadowDragon8685 said:
You know, it's really amazing how snow and ice really don't do much of either jack or shit to contain fire? They tend to melt and turn into runoff, which flows down the city gutters and streets, doing a phenomenal job of not going where they might be useful and not doing anything to extinguish the blaze.
Wrong thought process. While it's melting, and then evaporating, it's cooling whatever is under it so it doesn't burst into flame in the first place. Try and set a wet candle on fire -- it can be done but it takes longer.

I'm not sure why the hell you guys are arguing about this. This is a magical substance that has a dubious resemblance to fire that has just been ejected from the (magical) golden jetpack of a (magical) robot sphinx that has (magical) dimensional pockets in herself because she was stabbed in the right place by a (magical) giant robot that was created from the (magical) air less than half a minute ago. Why, in the name of Sol's (magical) fucking-stick, would it act like a blast of fire from some rocket in our world?

Depending on what it lights on fire, I'd say Rule of Cool, Rule of Funny, or the Power of Plot.

Still, you're right. Jukashi can make his (magical) rocket fire behave however he wants.

Brickwall said:
I'm not sure why the hell you guys are arguing about this. This is a magical substance that has a dubious resemblance to fire that has just been ejected from the (magical) golden jetpack of a (magical) robot sphinx that has (magical) dimensional pockets in herself because she was stabbed in the right place by a (magical) giant robot that was created from the (magical) air less than half a minute ago. Why, in the name of Sol's (magical) fucking-stick, would it act like a blast of fire from some rocket in our world?
Also, the buildings are mostly made from a form of cement and metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back