• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom just west of weird (gravity falls)

ofbluehues

sad lil rat
tumblr_oppkrzqf821qeyb9ho6_540.gif

are you also perpetually obsessed with gravity falls? do you also love playing multiple characters? are you also in the mood for a fun summer romp? do you a l s o love taking established worlds and using them for your own original ideas? then welcome, friend!

dear god i hope that didn’t sound too frantic

basically: i want to recreate gravity falls with our own original characters and storylines. or we could just rewrite the show with our own oc’s, or we could use the canon characters and continue the story, or - well. you get my point. i’m kinda down for anything, but there is a bit of a specific original plot idea (that will be woven into the bigger, overarching plot!) i wanted to explore.

it involves my oc, mavis, who’s mabel and dipper’s older sister, and the events after the show; whether the pines’ kids wind up back in gravity falls because of their parents dying, or it’s just next summer, i don’t care; we can work it out. if you’re in the ‘let’s create original characters and just use the world’ camp, this plot can work with that, too!

honestly, just bring me pretty much anything and everything gravity falls related or inspired and i’ll be happy.

that said, onto the important details:

hard requirements are that you must be 18+ (i’m 24), love writing multiple characters, and be an advanced literate writer who’s capable and happy to write meaty replies. you should also love character development and plot creation! i’m ghost friendly.

i like to take a more realistic approach to gravity falls. sure, i love to keep the zany nature and humor, but i love to explore the more serious and mature side of things as well. i use realistic faceclaims for characters, and will absolutely smother your oc with love. if you’re not the type to 100% support other people’s oc’s, you’re in the wrong search thread, friendo.

i also love to create aesthetic boards, playlists, do a ton of ooc, shitposts, etc, and i’m looking for someone who can match that energy. i prefer to conduct ooc on discord, but it’s not a must, and i exclusively rp on site.

please dm me if you’re interested. below i’ve included a writing sampe; it’s a gravity falls drabble i wrote in my free time (probably at 3am- we’re not gonna talk about it).

Mavis herded the twins towards the stairs, their protests falling on deaf ears, though they didn’t put up too much of a fight. They were all exhausted, considering...she watched them disappear, repeating ‘good night!’back and forth with Mabel until she was out of sight. “I’ll be up in a minute!” and then-

“How long?”

Mavis turned around. Grunkle Stan was looking at her sadly.

“...what?” Mavis crossed her arms defensively.

“How long?” Stan repeated without hesitation, nodding in the direction of the stairs. Ford walked past him and handed Waddles to her; the only reason she hadn’t followed the twins upstairs was because she was going to find him...she was starting to wish she’d let Mabel get away with chasing him around for another hour. “Mavis, perfect timing. We’ve wanted to talk to you-”

“We’re already talking about it, Ford.”

“Oh.” Ford replied as Mavis’s worried look and Stan’s stern face set in. Because Ford, for all his genius, could not read a room to save his life.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” but she had a sneaking suspicion now. Because if it involved her putting Dipper and Mabel to bed then it involved-

“Yes, you do.” Stan answered.

And, well...she had some sort of idea. The only thing that had changed about her life in the last year was her parents letting go of their responsibilities a little too much.

“Stanley, this isn’t some game. Stop hounding her.” Ford cut in, then, and said the words Mavis had been dreading confronting. “Mavis, how long have you been parenting your siblings?”

There it was. Waddles got comfortable in her arms, sighing a bit, almost as if he was warning her that this was going to be a long conversation.

“Mavis, how long have you been parenting your siblings?”

“Well, Grunkle Ford, considering our parents decided not having kids was amazing while we were gone last summer, I suppose I never really stopped-”

She shrugged, but it must’ve been obvious that she knew the answer, and that she’d been avoiding the answer, since both Grunkles gave her similar looks of apology.

“What happened, kid?” Stan asked, dropping his usual gruff tone in favor of a surprisingly softer one.

“I…” she started, but where to even begin? “I don’t know.”

It was as though all of the fumes she’d been running on for the last year finally ran out. She wasn’t upset or frustrated or even relieved. She just felt...empty. Tired. Drained. Exhausted. Every instance of her slow realization that her parents had relinquished authority to her was flashing before her eyes, and she figured she must’ve looked like she lost her mind because at some point someone had led her onto the porch and sat her down on the couch. And, well, if anything was going to bring her back to reality it was being outside, because everyone knew Mavis Pines dreaded leaving the house.

“-let go of Waddles, Mavis. Mavis- May, honey, let go of the pig-”

Grunkle Stan was trying to pry Waddles from her white-knuckled grip. She let go of him absently-mindedly, more concerned with the fact that she was suddenly outdoors and overwhelmingly felt like she had been hit by a bus. Grunkle Ford handed her a Pitt Cola from where he was sitting on the other end of the couch, and the cold shock of the can had her turn around to watch Waddles and Stan disappear inside the house.

“- just bringing him to Mabel...Mavis?”

She turned back towards Ford’s voice, slowly sipping from the straw in the soda can. “...what?”

Ford’s shoulders seemed to drop a couple inches. “We thought you were going to pass out back there.”

She didn’t respond. A few moments passed.

“Why didn’t you tell us?”

They’d been talking on the phone all summer. Of course he would be wondering what the hell she’d been thinking. So she gave a half-hearted shrug, deciding to tell him the truth. “I guess I didn’t want to bother you. I didn’t want to believe it.”

“You wouldn’t have been bothering us. You’re smarter than that.” he answered immediately.

If Mavis had brought herself to tear her eyes away from the nothingness they’d settled on, she would’ve seen Ford’s devastated face. “Apparently I’m not.”

“Alright-” Stan announced as the backdoor burst open, “Who’s ass do I have to kick?”

Mavis scoffed a humorless laugh as Ford berated his brother, saying, “Now, Stanley, that’s a bit extreme-”

“Please. No one messes with my favorite oldest niece and gets away with it, huh, kid?” Stan replied, and if Mavis wasn’t feeling like the weight of the world had just fallen off of her shoulders she would’ve told him not to worry about it, but as it was...

Grunkle Stan nudged her shoulder as he sat down next to her. “You gonna tell us what’s been goin’ on the past year?”

She sipped her soda for a minute, thinking about how she could possibly start explaining the hardest year of her life. “Well... we got home and mom and dad were hungover, so that was weird. But, like, really hungover, and they don’t drink-”

It all spilled out once she got started.

Attachments

• tumblr_oppkrzqf821qeyb9ho6_540.gif
    tumblr_oppkrzqf821qeyb9ho6_540.gif
    2 MB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back