• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Just the Beginning - Seeking Long-term Partners!

Tian

"Yeah, just add some clever and witty title here."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Hello There! For starters, I am very new to RPNation, so please bear with me while I learn how to navigate and get comfortable around here! If you can bear with me on that note, here is my introduction.

~About Me~
Feel free to call me Allen or Yue, whatever comes more naturally. I am currently 21, Male, and have been roleplaying for nearly a decade now and have been on and off throughout my life. I'm currently attending university and working full-time, so apologies if my messages are slow from time to time, I will definitely give notice in advance when I will become busy. Another thing of note, even though I have been doing this for a long time, I'm not a native English speaker, there may be grammatical mistakes every now and then if that is something you care about (If you are curious, I'm a native Chinese speaker)

~Roleplay Style & What I am Looking For~
I can adjust to different styles and any intensity for partners, so don't hesitate to let me know if you type less or more than the average person. I can write simple paragraphs all the way to college essays depending on the partner or the context of the story. I tend to lean closer to the third-person side of roleplaying, but if you would prefer first-person, I can try to adapt.
I can play both Male or Female whether it be the leading role or any background characters, but my preference is MxF. I find it easier to play as the male, but playing as anything else is not off the table, so feel free to discuss this further with me.
Since I'm a sucker for romance, I would like the roles to end up as MxF. I tend to play males, so I would be most likely looking for females. This does not mean I am not open to anyone else. If you are playing male, then I can go as female or any other circumstances can be discussed further. Same-gender pairs are fine as long as it is platonic.

Tl;dr - I can be anywhere from Semi-literate to Advanced-literate. Third Person. Looking for Romance ideas.

~Interests/Ideas~
I am a big sucker for romance and story development, so feel free to discuss ideas with me. I can roll with fantasy, modern, sci-fi, cyberpunk, etc. Everything is on the table, so don't hesitate to let me know if you have a preference for settings or ideas. I enjoy any setting, whether it be a realistic modern drama, fantasy-driven adventures, a blend of the natural and supernatural, and anything else in between. The same goes for the themes, a cutesy slice of life, a heartwrenching tragedy, or if it's more action than romance, I am perfectly fine with it.

If I were to pick out a favorite theme/setting, then I would have to pick a Wuxia or an old Eastern fantasy setting. Examples would be Wuxia (Chinese Martial Arts Fiction) books suck as "Legends of the Condor Heroes" or a Feudal Japanese setting filled with Samurai and monsters.

Though I do not watch many shows and animes as I used to in the past, or play as many video games, If there is a fandom you want to roleplay, please feel free to ask, there may be a chance I know and/or like it. I'm just too lazy to type out or recall all my interests. Some examples of my interests are FFXIV, Persona (Series), The Legend of Zelda, Fullmetal Alchemist, To The Moon (or anything Kan Gao related), The King's Avatar (Chinese Drama), etc.

I have also been DMing Dungeons and Dragons, along with many other game systems such as Pathfinder, Cyberpunk Red, Legends of the Five Rings, etc. If you want to explore some of those worlds or ideas, I'm open to try.

~Story Hooks~

Heartbeat This story takes place in a world that is similar to our own. Unlike our own reality, the very concepts of fate and destiny, or more specifically, a soulmate is more than just a dream for people. Soulmates are connected to the very fabric of this reality. Not only is it a truth, but humans also contain the innate ability to sense a connection to their other half. Upon birth, people are born with their own heartbeat that can be sensed by anyone, they are also born with a second heartbeat that can only be sensed by themselves. This second heart is the thread that connects them to their 'other half' or their Soulmate. Fate would force these two individuals to cross paths at some point in their life and become lovers. As a result, this would turn relationships obsolete and the structure of this reality would simply the longing of finding the one. This is all well and fine until a certain individual (you) is born into the world, the first of a kind, this person would grow up with only a singular heartbeat, their own. The one and only soul in this reality that does not sense a soul mate.
But... what happens when fate crosses their paths with a new face, a certain somebody that has an artificial heart?

Duty or Desire Set in a modern setting, this story takes place in the heart of a Japanese city as rivaling Yakuza families fight for domination over control of the city. In the middle of this conflict, the children of these Yakuza families would have their fates tied as enemies. (M/C) and (Y/C) was born in almost the same circumstances, both of them were born into the criminal life, both of them were trained to be capable successors to the families someday, both of them would grow some form of hatred towards the other gang, and both would end up fighting to gain control over influence within the city. While this rivalry most likely began as pure hatred, perhaps over time, the two will grow some form of understanding for each other. Furthermore... perhaps it can spark into something more once they set aside their petty rivalry?

A new perspective This story takes place with two sworn enemies, for one reason or another, neither individuals would end up seeing eye to eye. Whether this takes place in a school, or if this was co-workers, it was obvious that neither of them is able to simply ignore the other. It was only until one fateful morning when the two of them would wake up but in their enemy's bed? Luckily, it was only them, so it was safe that nothing happened. Unfortunately for them, it would only be made worse when they realized that they had awakened not only in their bed, but they woke up 'as' them.
This is a simple bodyswap premise that can be serious or just filled with fun and chaos. Whether this can explore deep storylines that each character learns from seeing the other perspectives, or it can be as chaotic as both characters ruining the other body's reputation, status, honor, and anything else over. Whatever it may be, feel free to throw in your ideas. But the real question is... will they ever return to their original bodies?

Coming Soon Coming Soon

Coming Soon Coming Soon

Coming Soon Coming Soon

~Conclusion~
Thank you so much if you have read this far! If what I have written interests you in any way, shape, or form, and you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to reach out and send me a message!

Last edited:
Bloop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back