Advice/Help Just need some advice

EmeraldCyberDrake35

EmeraldDragonLord35
Roleplay Type(s)
So does anyone know how to begin role playing for a first time role player i mean i've roleplayed before but it was really just me goofing off with some friends so any advice would be helpful as long as it's not demeaning or anything

There really isn't a right way to "begin" as a Roleplayer, but I might be able to give you some pointers. First and foremost— What are you looking for? In terms of interests, if it's on forums or written off-site, if it's a Roleplay written between you or another person or one you want to write in a group with several others, etc?

There really isn't a right way to "begin" as a Roleplayer, but I might be able to give you some pointers. First and foremost— What are you looking for? In terms of interests, if it's on forums or written off-site, if it's a Roleplay written between you or another person or one you want to write in a group with several others, etc?
I mainly would prefer a roleplay between me and one other person or a roleplay within a small group

I would start in the 1x1 section and go from there! Look for threads that people have posted that share interests of yours, such a similar genre or pairing preference (like hero x villian for example) and send them a message asking to plot things out!

I second what Caroline said. That, or if you're bold enough and/or know what you're looking for, you could look at some of the ads, and then make one yourself to draw other people to you.

You could also browse the 1x1 RPs, to see the various styles. I think the predominant style is 3rd person POV, past-tense, paragraph RPs but I know present-tense, and 1st person PoVs exist, as well as script-style, and one-liners rather than paragraphs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back