Just A Bunch of Theives [Inactive]

wirt

A Lost Kid With No Purpose In Life
oncomingStorm submitted a new role play:

Just A Bunch of Theives - Fantasy doesn't always mean economic stability.

The year is 2039. The land of Atellyn has started to fall into an economic depression. The states are beginning to turn against each other, every one placing the blame on someone else. Only minor violence has occurred so far, but tensions are rising.
But the possibility of a war is not our main concern. We still need to live, and to do that we need money. We've tried to get normal (much more legal) jobs, but to no success. So we became a team of thieves.

We don't just pick pockets, or take...
Read more about this role play...

Wisp paced back and forth, waiting. They were expecting someone. They didn't know who yet, but they were sure that someone would show up.

And hopefully not the police.

The plan was simple. Get a group together and make money. Illegally, of course. There wasn't many other ways to get over a couple dollars in a week.

They had asked a couple semi-trustable 'friends' to pass along a message to anybody they thought would join up. It basically said to show up at this place at 3:45 today. It's currently 3:42 and nobody has shown up yet. There were several possible reasons for this. Either nobody was interested, or nobody was told. They were sure that nobody had informed the police of it due to the risk of accidentally turning themselves in.

But they still felt anxious. Waiting wasn't one of their favorite things, and it was getting harder for them to feel too optimistic about this. It was a dumb idea. Nobody's going to even meet up. I was way too vague in the message, and who knows what kinds of strange details were added when they were passed along, if they even were passed along. They ran their hand through their hair and sat down. Not on the couch, or even on the table. They sat on the floor like an idiot, and rested their head in their hands.

But soon there was a knock at the door. That feeling of failure started to go away. They jumped up and, after waiting a second to regain their composure, opened the door.

Dexter, or 'Sigil' as he was more likely to be called, had traveled all the way from Mizan's prison to meet with someone who apparently had a very worthwhile business proposition. An old friend came to him with the information of the meeting whilst he was still serving time, and had effectively convinced him to at least check it out. He was a fairly reliable source, and so one thing led to another and a few days later Sigil was standing outside the door to the meeting of whatever was waiting for him inside. His coat flutters in the wind slightly as he adjusts his goggles and checks the time from a pocket-watch from one of his many satchels. At exactly 3:45, he slides the watch away and knocks heavily on the door, it crosses his mind for a moment that perhaps this isn't worth his time and he should just turn around and leave as he scratches around his dreadlocks, he was about to follow through with leaving before what seemed like a young human answered the door. Sigil quickly snaps to attention before carefully examining the person before him, the markings that cover his body lightly glowing a soft blue as he does so. He speaks in a voice as deep as the grave.

"Am I at the right place?"

Esma hurried down the streets, giving flustered apologies whenever she happened to come close to running into someone. Earlier that day, when going through the back streets in order to get to her temporary living quarters, she had overheard someone talking about asking people to join a group of thieves. At first she had felt extremely hesitant about it and even considered trying to forget about it, but something wouldn't let her. Maybe it was due to the thought of continuing to live alone for the rest of her life; not an appealing idea at all. Despite her social anxiety, she did want to feel needed. Sure, she could go back to her home forest, but it was still recuperating from a long ago fire and she would be constantly reminded of her missing sister, which would never allow her to find peace there.

This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, she had decided. Esma knew that she was somewhat decent in the art of thievery, and maybe her medical experience could help them out some as well. So she rushed out to find the named place and here she was, hurrying toward it and hoping she wouldn't be too late.

When she reached it she noticed a large man standing in front of the doorway and, if she peered around him, another person inside. Esma slowed down in hesitation before stopping altogether a few feet away, nervously fidgeting with her hands and remaining quiet.

"Depends on what you're looking for." Even though there was about one reason why anyone would be here right now. But, they had to play it cool. They motioned for the intimidating man standing in the doorway to enter. They were going to continue talking when he saw someone standing farther away, quietly watching. Of course, this added to Wisp's paranoia of being found out, so they paused for a few seconds, overthinking the situation before speaking out. "Can I help you?" they asked politely.

Esma glanced up as the other male went inside, but then quickly averted her eyes to the ground again. She shuffled forward until she was standing closer to the doorway; she doubted her voice would carry well. "U-Um, I think so...I'm here for...you know..." She knew better than to outright state what was going on, even if her voice was so quite that the other could barely hear it.

Sigil steps inside immediately as the girl gestures him to enter. At first, it seemed as though she was talking into the darkness, but then another young woman reveals herself from the shadows. At a glance, she seemed fairly shy to him, hardly thief material, but what did classify as thief material at any rate? Probably not himself, he thinks with a small smirk on his face. Regardless, he crosses his arms and looks down to see how his host would react.

Wisp was getting a little impatient with the situation, and having to keep everything a secret, and decided to just go for it. "All this beating around the bush is taking too much effort. It's the thief team thing, right?" They paused for less than a second before continuing, "Ok, good." They walked further into the room, finding a spot on the couch to sit comfortably. "Come in, get comfortable. Stand, sit, I don't care. Just close the door behind you." They ran their hand through their hair, a nervous habit of theirs. "Ok, so introductions, um, I'm Wisp. I'm a shapeshifter, just saying because it's not obvious or anything." Did that sound sarcastic? Maybe? Ugh, it did. "Wait, no, that wasn't supposed to sound sarcastic, it's true it's not obvious." Weird save, but I guess it's fine. Maybe. "Anyway, I'm hella poor and this seems like a good idea." They clapped their hands together and waited for a response. They had just thrown pretty much all of their cards onto the table. They've read enough books to know that you shouldn't hide much from your team. Hopefully that carries over into real life as well.

Esma stepped inside and closed the door behind her. She hesitated for a moment before going over to an empty chair. She sat down practically on the edge of the seat, her hands folded properly in her lap. She listened closely as Wisp spoke; they seemed fairly open about the team thing, which gave her just enough courage to introduce herself. "...I'm Esma. I have a lot of medical expertise, as well as knowledge of herbs and medicines. I-I'm fairly decent at stealing myself, so...I thought that maybe I could help out." She kept her eyes on her lap, knowing that she had their attention.

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back