• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ⌕ just a boy looking for a roleplay partner

auroraskies

an introduction .

Hi everyone! You can call me Dawn ( he / him. ) I'm 17 and have about 5 years of roleplay experience under my belt—granted, I feel like I've only recently started improving on my writing and really trying,
and I also haven't roleplayed in quite a few months, so I might be a little rusty. Please bear with me. Here's what you should be able to expect from a roleplay with me: third person, semi-literate to literate
writing, past or present tense, proper grammar and spelling. I prefer original plots because I'm not in many fandoms and I don't really like doing the whole 'I play your crush, you play mine' sort of thing.

my rules .

⌕ I'm most comfortable with roleplay partners in a 16 - 19 age range. I know that's a very small window, so there are exceptions. I'd be alright with roleplaying with a fifteen-year-old if I really adored their
writing style. I'd also be chill if someone a little older than 19 liked my plots enough to be interested, but I generally prefer high school aged characters, so our interests might not align.

⌕ I have a hard time getting invested in a roleplay with poor grammar and spelling, so that is one of the things I take pretty seriously. I know mistakes are bound to be made sometimes, so I won't hold
them against you as long as they aren't consistent. (Also, please make a new paragraph when a new character is speaking in the roleplay. Everyone seems to forget that and it's frustrating.)

⌕ I can only do one roleplay at a time. I've tried to do multiple before because I felt bad about saying no to people who reached out to me, but it's never ended well. I always end up ghosting everyone.
Since I only do one at a time, I give my roleplays all of my attention and energy. I don't expect the same obviously, but it'd be nice if my partner shared a little of my enthusiasm.

⌕ I'm a selective roleplayer. Since I only focus on one roleplay at a time, I like to make sure that the roleplay is one I'll be invested in for a long time, and that means really liking my partner's writing
style. For that reason, I ask that you send me an example of your writing style before we start writing. If I don't vibe with it, please don't take it personally, it's nothing against you.

⌕ This isn't a rule, but these are my triggers: rape / sexual assault, the name "Danny / Daniel" or any variations ( personal reasons, please don't ask. ) I want to get these out of the way so you know what
my boundaries are before we start roleplaying. If you have any triggers, please send them in your first message to me so I know exactly what your boundaries are too.

my plots .

angels in the graveyard : setting is a 1950s catholic boarding school in england. two teenage girls discover the dark secrets lurking within their school after being the ones to find their classmates dead body in the looming willow tree in the school courtyard. other than them, the only ones who saw the body were the nuns and headmistress, who insistent it was a suicide. it's up to our characters to figure out what is really going on, but they might be biting off more than they can chew. content / trigger warnings: murder, child death, religious trauma, religious imagery / symbolism, gaslighting & emotional manipulation, depictions of gore, body horror ( possibly ), paranoia-inducing. vibes of the rp are like the magnus archives.

i guess you're stuck with me : a young, single adult who has not spoken to their family in years and has no intentions of being a parent for a long, long time ends up getting saddled with their sister's teenage child ( who they were unaware of even existed ) after her death. the two of them get off to a rocky start, the teenager still angry and distant and hurt over the loss of their parent, and the adult not knowing quite how to care for any child, much less one grieving a very recent loss. topics in roleplay : grief, loss of a parent, found family, angst, hurt / comfort. no romantic relationship in this one. i would prefer playing the teenage character, if whoever roleplays with me wouldn't mind.

we're just two boys in love : an mlm plot set in the 90s. two summer camp friends end up getting separated when summer vacation ends and find each other again in their junior year of high school. what started out as a rekindled childhood friendship ends up blossoming into something more as the two of them start spending more time together. but when you live in a small town in the 90s, being in love with a boy can feel like the scariest thing in the world. is he really worth it? topics in roleplay : period-typical homophobia, internalized homophobia, possible bullying, childhood friends to strangers to friends to lovers, hurt / comfort, tooth-rotting fluff !! but also gut-wrenching angst

I'm most interested in doing the 'we're just two boys in love' plot at the moment, so please message me if you want to do that one !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back