• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ๐’‹๐’–๐’Œ๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’๐’™ ๐’”๐’‚๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’…๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•

sophocles

๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโ€™๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check

!! please don't post in this thread;
feel free to reach out to me in my pms !!

• sophocles, (she/her), also known as soph. iโ€™m twenty-five years old, an architect by trade, and a writer at heart. little bit about me, my hobbies include video games, bullet journaling, crocheting, and daydreaming!

i'm in the central timezone and will be most active during the night hours on weekdaysโ€” specifically six pm to eleven pm on weekdays, at least for detailed replies. weekends are free real estate. i also will not be free at all hours of the day to chat ooc, so please donโ€™t expect constant communication! i will respond when i can, so please donโ€™t spam just to get an answer from me. i also tend to disappear quite often, so please bear with me in my absences.

speaking of chatting, i am a very big fan! in order for us to bond as writers, we will need to form a comfortable relationship outside the story. i'm free to message in my private messages or over discord, whichever you prefer. i also enjoy peppering my partners with headcanons, moodboards, and playlists!

i have about ten years of writing & roleplay experience. my post lengths are on average around 500 words , while my starters range from 700 - 1000+ words. i will also try match my partner with whatever they are comfortable with doing. however, it really just depends on the pace. if the muse is there, quick, shorter posts may be the way to go! quality over quantity, especially to avoid burnout (from which i suffer constantly). it will be a learning process.

i write in third person, past tense, with plenty of description and detail. my style is flowery and fluffy in nature with an emphasis on inner dialogue. writing samples can be found here.

Other - sophoclesโ€™ writing samples

i'm only an original character writer. please do not ask me to write canons for any of my inspirations; i'm not interested. my interest lies with oc x oc pairings in original or fandom-inspired universes.

romance is the secondary plotline. i have no issue developing a romance between characters! however, i donโ€™t enjoy putting a plot together just for the end goal to be a romance. i need some more meat on my bones.

that being said, iโ€™m comfortable with all pairings and sexualities, so please don't be scared to be open with me. my own preference is writing male characters (those early years of no one wanting to write guys really shaped me), but i'm not opposed to write for women at all! it really just depends on the vibes.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__focused_v3.gif

โ€งโ‚Šหšโ™ชโ€งเฟโ‚ŠหšโŠน VIBES

genres
adventure, apocalyptic, fantasy, historical fiction, horror, science fiction, western

sub genres
cosmic horror, historical horror, sci-fi horror, western fantasy, post-apocalyptic fantasy, alternate history, swashbuckler

trope bank
found family, two against the world, last of their kind, antagonists to lovers, tragic backstories, cross-world journeys, for the greater good, emotional scars, a waiting evil, bastard children, angst, the final battle, betrayal, fallen heroes, redemption, self-sacrifice, unlikely allies, religious trauma, eldritch beings, unconsidered consequences, the reluctant hero, tragedy, inevitability.

prompts
โ€œ let me die for you. โ€œ
โ€œ enemy of my enemy. โ€œ
โ€œ itโ€™s the end of the world, and itโ€™s just the two of us. โ€œ
โ€œ we tried our best, and it wasnโ€™t enough. โ€œ
โ€œ who did this? who hurt you? โ€œ

gen. interests ;; updated july 11th
titles in bold reflect current muse.
film
lord of the rings, pirates of the caribbean

television
grimm, interview with a vampire, midnight mass

video games
baldurโ€™s gate iii, bioshock, dragon age: origins, fallout, metro, the outer worlds, resident evil, skyrim, soulsbourne, vampyr

โ€งโ‚Šหšโ™ชโ€งเฟโ‚ŠหšโŠน MUSES
original characters whose stories either never panned out or ended too soon. i would love to have another opportunity to play them, if you have an idea or a character youโ€™d like to try!

osran gyves
โ€” a washed-up, half-blind, alcoholic monster hunter.
typical setting: fantasy (high, low, urban)

jasper calloway
โ€” a small town sheriff with a score to settle.
typical setting: western (fantasy)

sebastien renaud
โ€” a loyal first mate looking for a captain.
typical setting: historical (alternate), swashbuckler

alistair rice
โ€” an university student with a family history of eldritch horrors.
typical setting: horror (vintage, lovecraftian)

โ€งโ‚Šหšโ™ชโ€งเฟโ‚ŠหšโŠน INSPIRED
current specific cravings. my muse is highlighted in green, where applicable. inspirations with no specific storylines are open for collaboration!

1. beneath the surface.
post-apocalyptic thriller.
(loosely based on metro: 2033)

the population in the eastern world forced underground following alien invasion and nuclear war. muse a (a mechanic) & muse b (a soldier) are part of a team tasked to run maintenance on the tunnels surrounding a populous city. when a terrorist attack shatters the defenses and wipes out their team, the pair become the cityโ€™s only chance of survival. emphasis on a โ€˜canโ€™t stand youโ€™ to โ€˜i would die for youโ€™ type relationship.

2. atomic cocktail.
post-apocalyptic survival.
(fallout universe)

the end of the world, blanketed in the ash of nuclear fallout. post-apocalyptia under the aesthetic lense of the 1950โ€™s. factions vying for control of what remains. sinister experimentation on supposed safe havens. the capital wasteland. the mojave desert. appalachia. fallout three, new vegas, and seventy-six; the new amazon television show can also be a basis of inspiration.

3. to hell or high water.
vintage thriller-horror.
(bioshock universe)

new years eve, 1958. rapture, andrew ryanโ€™s utopia hidden in the depth of the atlantic ocean. the kashmir restaurant is bombed, starting the violence of the civil war riots led by the renegade atlas and his splicers. muse a and muse b, denizens from very different walks of life, find themselves banded together to try and survive in the burning aftermath.

Last edited:
bumping, updated interest check.

Last edited:

bumping, updated interest check.

apparently iโ€™m craving nuclear annihilation and the vintage aesthetic lmao. just looking for one additional partner.

(CLOSED)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back