Story Jasper's Gruesome Tales

jasper the hunny bunny

nah bro you tweakin'
Hey! Here in this thread, I'll be making horror stories daily (hopefully) using mundane pictures as references for inspiration! If you're interested in my writing, feel free to pm me an image of your own, and I'll try to make something horrific out of it!

Just as an F.Y.I, I'll be using this website to find my images.

The process will go as follows: I will include the reference image above the story, include the title inspired by the image below, and then I'll write the story! Simple, right?

I'll include music to listen along to while you read! Just for that added bit of ambience, you know?

Short story template Image Reference fs 18: Music, for your immersion & fs 15: Title fs 15: Content fs 12:

The image reference of the day iiiiiissss . . .
rose-g22e84a09a_1280.jpg

Music, for your immersion . . .
(Highlighted sentences are music fitting to the situation):

1. Disintegrating - Myuu
2. Lavender town

The title? Photosynthesis.

"Do you think they have names?"
Lily was sprawled on top of the lawn in the cozy, warm sun. The disgusting winter frost had given up the fight with the sky, releasing all the beautiful plants and fauna out of their icy cages, their insulated, hollow trees, and the frozen tops of lakes. Her brother Dylan was playing with their pet Buster, wrestling a stick from his maw and throwing it far away towards the edge of the front yard.

"What? Like, the flowers? No, they're just dumb flowers!"
"Well, flowers are living things, right? Living things all have names, like Buster! Plants eat sunlight through something called... Photo...photosynthetics..."

"That's photo synthesis moron!"
"Hey! Don't call me a moron!"

Lily suddenly pulled herself off the floor, her knees dirty and covered in fine grass shreddings, and she proceeded to tackle Dylan. As they warred against each other on the floor, Buster was almost enticed by the ensuing mayhem, barking at their quarrel and circling the two prone warriors as if he were about to strike himself. But suddenly, the puppy's gaze was stolen by the flower.

It wavered slowly in the warm winds, petals almost gesturing towards the dog. Buster barked softly, and trotted over to the flower and began to.. lick it. He licked it slowly at first, like lapping the water droplets from a leaky faucet..

He kept. Licking. Tasting.
The two children stopped playing for a moment, their hostile embers dying down into a playful tussle with one another. Dylan's brows furrowed as he jogged over to inspect the flower and Buster, in which the dog kept on licking the grooves and layered centre of the copper flower. "Hey, stop it! It's probably not good for you!"

Gripping his collar, Dylan immediately realised a tangle of roots had latched onto Buster's tongue. They pulsated gently, and subtly. Buster stared up at Dylan innocently, uncertain of what was happening.

"Hey buddy... What is that?"

Dylan attempted to rip the small roots off of Buster's tongue, but he instead made him yelp. With a single root tugged off, a peeling of Buster's tongue came off with it, with squirts of blood drippling out of his mouth.

"W-what? Buster!" He was too scared to yank the rest of the roots out; afraid he might injure Buster further, or just tear his tongue out entirely. The roots were slowly coiling around the length of Buster's tongue, exploring the back of his throat and filling the space of his tonsils. Buster began to hack and wheeze, pattering his little feet, trying to get away.

Buster was pumped full of adrenaline, and began circling the space of the flower, yanking and twitching his head in sporadic directions. He kept tearing away at new roots, which made more and more blood pool between his teeth, disappearing into his throat. Lily in a moment of uncharacteristic initiative began running towards the shed. Something sharp, something to uproot the flower.

Buster was whining loudly at this point. He'd suddenly given up, and laid himself down on the floor submissively, and patiently, with the rate of the flower's growth accelerating violently as small vines began to exit out of Buster's pleading eyelids. Small flowerheads painfully unfurling from the bloodied tips. It would've been magical, if not for the situation's context and urgency. The dog's abdomen began to swell, his belly pulsating with thick bulging veins, pumping blood towards his head. The flower was sapping his blood.

It was draining his insides.

Lily ran out with a small gardening spade, while Dylan desperately clung to his poor pet crying his eyes out. Buster was now disfigured and swelled, with roots beginning to spill out of different orifices, producing beautiful bouquets of flowers at different ends. Instead of the disgusting copper tip of the original plant-matter, these new productions were a dazzling crimson red. Buster was pale now, a ballooning mass of mammalian flesh. Lily dug her spade into the stem of the flower, in which it suddenly released its sticky grip from Buster, and died.

But Buster was already a husk. His eyes were glazed over and popping out of their sockets, his neck bubbled like rising crust, and his mouth and ears were gushing with lazed and dying vines.

The children stood in traumatized silence. Lily's tear drenched eyes fell over the corpse of the dried out little flower.

"Why... Why are you so greedy?"

Last edited:
WARNING, this entry has distressing content. Duh.
The image reference of the day iiiiiissss . . .
1630192847216.png

Noises, for your immersion . . .
City Sounds

The title? The whole world's watching.

Horns desperately beeped at the pedestrians standing still in the middle of the intersection. People began to hastily pull out their phones to record even a second of this... Thing, standing in the centre of all this attention.

"Incredible! Just incredible." Everyone's attention was upon one man, bearing the carvings of alien symbols all over his bloodied torso. His sinewy flesh slowly peeled down his figure, stripping itself right off the bone like slow cooked meat. The man was shuddering with excitement, with his muscles bare to the hot winds beating against his bloodied body. His blood vessels simmered and boiled in the sun, expelling a gooey, black/copper squirt of pure malice. His face sagged and stretched thin over his misshapen skull, revealing a mass of yellowed tentacles and teeth.

The people were horrified, but they couldn't look away.

Social media sites were flooded with images of the man. Split second videos were spammed on Instagram, Twitter... Even aged websites such as migrated forums or deep web chatrooms. Private messages bleated the same ghastly image of the man's face. Symbols of an old king were imprinted in the minds of many.

A child that had escaped the tight, fearful grip of her mother hobbled slowly towards the man. People screamed for the young one to run, abscond, stay put. but some supernatural bystander effect kept them locked in place, with an evil anticipation of what might happen next. The people struggled in place, with sympathetic family men attempting to pry their willpower out of the dirty grip of the alien creature, but they couldn't. All they could do was watch as their feet were rooted to the concrete below them.

The crimson veiled stranger leered at the child, which tilted her small head to behold the unnatural mass overhead.

Suddenly. The stranger had grasped the infant's head, pinched between his swollen and blood-burst hands, and devoured it.
Slowly. Steadily. His tentacles embracing the entire upper-portion of the young one and shredding its mass like a woodchipper disassembles a log.

"SOMEBODY STOP HIM! PLEASE!" People cried, some biting their nails and harming themselves in creative ways through their own distress. Parents gripped the limbs of their children tightly with great stress, bruising them, breaking them.

But everyone just stood there, recording. Watching.

A policeman, with his pistol sheathed to his side, could only let his bodycam record. His fingers ignored the escape a weapon could offer.
"I... I can't move." He said with guilty terror.

"I can't. Move."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back