• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern It's another Card Game Anime... RP?

Clairikins

Lesbian Extraordinaire
Yo! I've had an idea for a trading card game for a while now so I figured why not write about it? I have the basics more or less decided upon and two different routes for the storyline to go:

Soulverse is a card game that takes place on an 8x8 grid. Cards have DASH stats (Defense/Attack/Speed/Health) that determine how they can act on the board.
During each turn, a player may one card and move as many of their cards as they wish-
To play a card it must be on the first three rows of the field and either be a level 1 card OR a) be exactly one level higher than a card they're evolving, and b) share an element or type with the card that's evolving.
A card that reaches the far end of the field can attack the opponent, where their cards count as their health- once they run out, they lose.
(I have more rules to this, I am just hoping that this gets a good idea across)

Plots:
A) modern world, Soulverse comes out, it has its first tournament, and both of our characters win nationals and go to the next round, where they are set to share a hotel room (I'm thinking it's like a 20-person room filled with contestants).
B) Fantasy world, Soulverse was made either with the souls of monsters in the cards or to represent the monsters:
B-1) Real Monsters: both of our characters use the cards to fight monsters, something akin to Pokemon perhaps.
B-2) Just Cards: Slice of Life fantasy with a card game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back