• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings đ“ŤŠ into the woods - a 1x1 recruitment đ“ŤŠ

spruce

đ“ŤŠđ“‹Ľđ“ŤŠđ“‹Ľđ“ŤŠ
Roleplay Availability
pngimg.com - forest_PNG51.png

howdy, and welcome, one and all, to my (very) unaesthetic recruitment thread ! 🌲

i'm spruce (they/she) and i'm currently on the hunt for 1-2 roleplaying partners. here's a little bit about myself before we get into the weeds:

* i'm old by this site's standards (21+ anyway, younger than 30). as such, i'm not comfortable writing with anybody under 20. nothing to do with writing ability, whatsoever, but please respect that.
* i have a full-time job (monday-friday) and as such, that means that i probably won't be posting during work hours. in addition, there's also all the tomfoolery that needs to be done post-work. this means that i'm the most present to write in the evening, with more time on the weekends. this lends about a post every 1-3 days or so, with some wiggle room on slower days / days off. this is just for posting, though! i'm very active ooc and love to talk (in general- big, big yapper right here). this could be about our ocs, video games, movies, tv shows, what you had for breakfast that morning, and whatever you'd like.
* this brings me to my next point: it's really important to me to have a writing partner who likes to talk outside the rp, too. it's easier for me to get into the story (and be more comfortable in general) when i know you some outside the rp. i'm the sort who'll throw all kinds of character playlists and mood-boards at you for our characters too. basically: i'm here to make friends as well as write!
* ghost-friendly; life happens. if you're not feeling writing anymore, that's ok - you won't see me getting mad at you. this being said, if you don't hear from me for a bit, feel free to give me a nudge! it's more likely that i got distracted by something or that life got busy. i'll give a heads up if i'm to be gone a while!
* i'm lgbt+ myself, and all of my characters are as well in some shape or form. as such, any pairings between ocs will likely be lgbt+ as well. m/m, f/f, and pairings with nb ocs are preferred. hopefully it goes without saying that this is a trans-friendly thread!
* semi-advanced lit / advanced lit: writing is a hobby of mine, not my profession. it's all for fun here. i'm not perfect, but do tend to write on the more "detailed" side of the reply end, with about 4-8 paragraphs give or take. i'm not asking every post be sent through grammarly (if people still use that anymore) but no one-liners, please. i should also note that my informal punctuation-less typing here is all for the aesthetic (tm) - i'll be using much more accurate writing in character. reach out for a writing sample if you want one!
* 3rd person writing preferred; either present or past tense jives with me.
* no doubling, please - i'm horribly scatterbrained. you can expect a variety of side characters from me but i fare better building this diverse cast around a central pairing.
* no triggers on my end, but i'll respect yours. i do enjoy including darker elements / themes in writing, but with that being said, any sensitive topics / mature themes will be written with the appropriate respect and research that they deserve. let me know if you have any before we start! obviously, there'll be no bigotry / general nastiness on my end, but it's important that my writing partners are comfortable.

* writing in pms / offsite / in threads all works for me. let me know what your preference is. word of caution: if you want to write in threads and are fond of bbcode: i will require your help and you will require patience with me. there's a reason why this thread is as bare-bones as it is: coding and myself are not friends.

that should be the gist of everything, so now we're free to move on to actual writing topics! i don't have any detailed plots to put here- yet- but would love to flesh something out together if any of these little nuggets pique your interest from the word / pairing bank below. let's collaborate on something!~

concepts that really have my attention are highlighted in green. oooooh, you wanna write the plots that are in green with me so bad....... 🌀🔮 but really though, even if something's not highlighted, go ahead and ask me about it if you're interested! got something on your mind not on the list but could be tied in with one of the concepts below? go for it - i'm listening!

* vampires - there are a lot of directions we could go here and i'm chock full of ideas for this one. please please please indulge me and the vampire brain-worms that are living in my skull rn - we'll love you forever, the worms and i. 🪱 just in time for spooky season!
* enemies / rivals to lovers - oh the inherent romanticism of seeing someone at their very worst and falling in love with them anyway. let's have our characters butt heads for a little bit before they come to terms with their big feelings.
* detectives / paranormal investigators - maybe something's fishy in town and our characters decide to poke their noses into something where they're going to end up way, way over their heads into. maybe there are a series of strange happenings that the local police agency believe are coincidental but our characters believe they're correlated somehow. again, there are lots of paths we could take with this one.
* assassins / bounty hunters - bonus points for morally gray / morally ambiguous characters - lone wolves - who are just looking out for #1. maybe they have to be paired up for a big, big task (and at the end of such task, both affected parties intend to stab the other in the back to reap the reward). who knows! lots to play with with this one.
* dragon riders - dragon-themed plots always lead up to some form of bad-assery and there's a lot of world-building we could do here.
* fantasy plots in general - i'm not immune to the lure of a quest. i've been watching the hobbit films recently and they've gotten to me.
* childhood friends to lovers - yes, it's soft, yes, this is ambiguous, but this trope's an oldie but goodie.
* mundane / slice of life - sometimes there's beauty in the mundane! (see above: enemies to lovers but it's just two people who work at the same corporate office building and they're mortal enemies who are about to throw hands at the coffee machine at 9:00 am for some godforsaken reason).
* zombie apocalypse / post-apocalyptic plots - big, big sucker for apocalypse plots in general; the world's ending and everything is terrible, but now that you're at my side, suddenly i've got hope for the future again.
* gangs / mafia-related plots / cults - again, there are a lot of directions we could go here. would be over the moon to get to brainstorm some concepts around this together!
* band members / bandmates - good if our characters are part of a group that travels around the world / country together.... BUT perhaps made even better if they have to do so and don't like each other all that much....
*cough* uh... yeah, geez, who said that......?
* sports - do i know what's going on? no. don't look at me. but is the idea of a ragtag / underdog sports team appealing to me? absolutely.
* space / sci-fi-related plots in general - in the words of that one robot from portal: spaaaaaaaaaaace!! maybe our plot is set on a space ship, or a space station orbiting some completely different sun / planet after something happens to earth. maybe there are aliens! the universe is our oyster.

if you're interested in writing together, please shoot me a pm so we can get this roleplaying train a'rollin! thanks for taking the time to read through everything! looking forward to hearing from you! 🌲

Hi there!

Super interested in like all of this... I was thinking a vampire enemies to lovers or a mafia enemies to lovers would be right up my alley right now. I also do not have any triggers, and am completely indifferent on whether we RP offsite or on here. c:

Did you have anything specific in mind?

I also work a fulltime job Monday-Friday and will be on only when I can but will stay as active as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back