• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Explore the night with me?

Jams

First off, 25 (she/her). Haven't used this platform in a hot second, but back when I first did, I had a lot of luck just throwing out some vague content I was interested in and finding a few takers, so I'll be doing that again here. This time with extra vagueness though. I definitely do not have a list of solid thought out plots, so bare with me!

Lately I've been in a dreamy aesthetic-chasing sort of mood where I have some settings and half-ideas I'm craving to write that I'm willing to just thrust some characters into and write about any type of story with. One thing I can't get enough of are stories set after dark and characters who are awake and doing things while other people aren't. It can take place in a beautiful empty district of a city, somewhere with bustling nightlife, a nostalgic place in the suburbs, more secluded places that can play to both comfort or spookiness, or even just two people spending the night together. Whether it's one significant night, several of them, or a story based entirely on characters who function more at night, I eat stuff like this up.

Besides the love for the aesthetic, I also like the story possibilities for characters who have unusual routines and what brings them together. My mind becomes aflutter with all sorts of options ranging from slowburn romance, to horror, to other sorts of strange predicaments or even just relaxing slice of life. I have a huge interest in building tone and atmosphere for a plot like this, but I'd also love to see what sort of story we can piece together.

Here are some ideas. As promised, they are vague!:

two characters who are up all night for different reasons, start to notice each other and apprehensively begin to spend time together (the vaguest of the vague)

a chance meeting between two strangers, both of them criminal in some way, one of them is in danger and/or on the run from something and up getting entangled in each other's conflicts (perfect for some sort of thriller!)

a classic insomnia plot. character's who just can't sleep, maybe they have something weighing or their conscious or other sort of emotional baggage or poor mental state, and they end up staying awake with each other for either comfort or passing some time

exploring two characters working a graveyard shift together, who knows where, just some places that requires them to be up together for a long period working. could take a simple comedic route with them getting into trouble together or we could easily apply some horror to it and have something terrifying and unexpected happen

anything with vampires! I prefer me some angsty modern vampires who can have complicated relationships with humans, but I still like it to get pretty dark and violent as well

paranormal events of any kind! can range from characters seeking this stuff out themselves to more complicated scenarios that bring characters into the woods together in the middle of the night

And MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE!

Seriously, share any idea you'd like with me that fits the aesthetic, I'm in the mood to write just about anything if we can capture the mood I'm craving.

Some things you might've noticed from the ideas and what I'm describing: I'm partial to modern settings with modern characters, but could go back to like idk the 90s if needed for some reason? I'm not really looking to go super historical. I will however hear out any fantasy or otherworldly ideas people might have! I don't have any myself right now, but I don't see myself saying no to fantasy either. I'd also like to focus heavily on two main characters in most of these so we can really dive into their story and relationship, but in some cases extending the cast might work great. I imagine side characters will still need to be played in some of them, but some of the more character focused stuff might not have many side roles at all.

Some things worth clarifying: I play mostly female main characters ranging from teenage to late 20s. This goes for MCs only, I can play any role outside of that. My preference for romance is female x female (sorry if that is a dealbreaker!) but not all of these ideas really need to focus on romance, so if you are really interested please still DM me and I'm sure we can work something out! I'm a multi-paragraph roleplayer with super adaptable length outside of that.

I'm fairly inspired by manga/comics but that would only come up if you want to do references. I will however not do IRL face claims of real people. It's okay if you like this, but I would like to leave faceclaims/references out entirely and just go with descriptions if that's the case.

That's about all I can think to offer right now! If you are interested in taking this sort of hazy concept for a story with a cool night aesthetic and really making something out of it, then by all means, send me a PM now, I'd love to discuss more with you!

(speaking of night time, I am posting this ad very late so I will probably bump it again soon. promise I'm not being a spammer!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back